Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-27-18, 07:35 AM  
flamingoo

P.volve question

Hi all. I'm wondering if anyone is still currently using P.volve and what your thoughts are. Also, has anyone completed the 30 day challenge? I don't know what my deal is but in a serious workout funk. I think I need to try something totally different and was thinking about the 30 day challenge. Thanks!
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-18, 08:37 AM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

I still do Pvolve at least 3xs per week. The workouts continually progress to either more difficult or an equipment option progression , although he does demonstrate or explain how to do without, and really offers such a generous amount of content on the site. I have not done a 30 day challenge of exclusively Pvolve although have been strongly considering! His on screen presence has improved as well, not that it was bad, but he's more relaxed and natural in front of camera than in the beginning workouts. You really hit every part of your body with Pvolve without taxing it. I think of it as not only great workouts but postural work as well. I really like the new Pband (arm band with finger and wrist wraps) although you could probably use a regular band instead for the increased upper body work.
I combine the Pvolves with Lisa Corsello's streaming workouts, SBC streaming, Sleek Techniques and Lekfit. I am on a break from my beloved Toniques due to a neck, strain and all the handstands I love in Sylwia's workouts aren't serving the healing process. I cant wait to incorporate those in the mix too.
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-18, 11:22 AM  
marie

I joined shortly after it started and I'm still doing it. I LOVE it. My core is stronger and I can actually do glider planks. It has been really effective for my legs and butt. I struggle with upper body work (bad wrist) so can't judge.

He has made three "programs": the 30 Day Challenge, 6 Day Total Body, and 2 Day Body Burn. I did not complete the 30 Day, I missed the streaming too much. The other two programs I repeated 3 times.

There are a ton of random streaming workouts. He just rolled out a personalized workout calendar. It looks like you enter preferences and it makes a calendar. I am going to try it next week.

He has improved steadily over time with the overall quality of filming, timing, and talkativeness.
marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-18, 11:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I chatted about Pvolve with another VF'er who has received a lot of relief from back pain with the program. The monthly fee is too pricey for me. There are a couple of workouts and some clips on Youtube.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-18, 10:10 AM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

Hey all, just received this info front Pvolve today. Sounds at the very least like a great way to Ck out streaming for a month for free!
We are so excited to introduce you to The Cheeky Challenge! A
4-week streaming challenge to get the results you didn't think were possible. This is going to lengthen, strengthen and tone your body like no other program out there!

What's the challenge?
Stream 20 workouts in 4 weeks!

Not a streamer yet?
We got your back. We're offering a free streaming trial for the duration of the challenge!

...Did we mention a chance to win?
Every person who completes the 20 workouts in 4 weeks will be entered into a drawing for the grand prize:

�� 6 months of FREE streaming
�� $175 worth of P.volve merch
�� An exclusive nutrition evaluation by P
As a bonus, we're offering One Month FREE Streaming to ANYONE who completes the challenge, and limited edition merch to anyone who submits a before and after.

�� Be sure to share your progress throughout the challenge with hashtags #CheekyChallenge, #WhatsYourRunway, #PostYourPeach and #Pvolve.
We're officially kicking off on August 6th, so sign up now and get ready to get CHEEKY!!
Old 08-01-18, 08:49 AM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin13 View Post
Hey all, just received this info front Pvolve today. Sounds at the very least like a great way to Ck out streaming for a month for free!
We are so excited to introduce you to The Cheeky Challenge! A
4-week streaming challenge to get the results you didn't think were possible. This is going to lengthen, strengthen and tone your body like no other program out there!

What's the challenge?
Stream 20 workouts in 4 weeks!

Not a streamer yet?
We got your back. We're offering a free streaming trial for the duration of the challenge!

...Did we mention a chance to win?
Every person who completes the 20 workouts in 4 weeks will be entered into a drawing for the grand prize:

�� 6 months of FREE streaming
�� $175 worth of P.volve merch
�� An exclusive nutrition evaluation by P
As a bonus, we're offering One Month FREE Streaming to ANYONE who completes the challenge, and limited edition merch to anyone who submits a before and after.

�� Be sure to share your progress throughout the challenge with hashtags #CheekyChallenge, #WhatsYourRunway, #PostYourPeach and #Pvolve.
We're officially kicking off on August 6th, so sign up now and get ready to get CHEEKY!!
Thanks for the tip. I signed up. I did a trial before and thought the free month may only be for new subscribers, but I got it is all. Did Summer Lovin' with the P.ball (34 min) this morning. Great workout.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-18, 09:24 AM  
flamingoo

What is your take on cardio? I don't have the time to do P Volve plus cardio on the same day. Do you think you could get results with just P Volve?
Old 08-04-18, 12:56 PM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

Depends on your goals, needs, etc. You can improve shape, posture, and balance with just Pvolve, and in combo with solid healthy eating habits maybe even have some body composition changes as some people do better with less and others with more cardio. Pvolve isn't much of a cardiovascular challenge and he isn't a fan of a bunch of rigorous cardio. He does recommend walking, and especially rowing machine. Now with that being said you can get some heat going in your body with the workouts and a nice balmy sweat. Maybe do the shorter 20-30 min Pvolve on days you want to incorporate Cardio or alternate days of Pvolve with chosen Cardio. I incorporate other workouts for Cardio Conditioning as I like to get my heart rate up
Old 08-05-18, 04:42 PM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin13 View Post
Depends on your goals, needs, etc. You can improve shape, posture, and balance with just Pvolve, and in combo with solid healthy eating habits maybe even have some body composition changes as some people do better with less and others with more cardio. Pvolve isn't much of a cardiovascular challenge and he isn't a fan of a bunch of rigorous cardio. He does recommend walking, and especially rowing machine. Now with that being said you can get some heat going in your body with the workouts and a nice balmy sweat. Maybe do the shorter 20-30 min Pvolve on days you want to incorporate Cardio or alternate days of Pvolve with chosen Cardio. I incorporate other workouts for Cardio Conditioning as I like to get my heart rate up

Thank you!
Old 08-10-18, 11:23 AM  
boundingaway

Thanks for the tip about the free month with the cheeky challenge!

I had also tried the P.volve's streaming when it first came out and wasn't too sure how to incorporate the videos into my routine and so soon stopped the streaming.

Three days ago, though, I renewed the streaming service to try out his new programs and I have to say I'm super impressed. I just finished doing the 2nd day of the 3-day body burn program. This was an exceptional workout. It is long, but well structured and complete. The first day's workout was really good too. I'm really looking forward to the 3rd day workout tomorrow. The work is very interesting.

I very, very much wish he would use another exercise model, although they do have terrific chemistry (of course, right?).

Tags
lekfit, p.volve, pvolve