Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-28-17, 03:18 PM  
sherry7899

She did. I will not share anything further since it did not happen to me. No one is acting like seventh graders. I am acting like a grown woman standing up for a very close and supportive friend.

Kelian- I am so sorry for what happened. I am glad you are starting to recover.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 03:28 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
She has? Where are you seeing these claims? I don't remember her ever outright claiming to have a college education. She's mentioned being in college but not having a degree.
I only meant what I have seen on this thread (including the court filings.) While I have been interested in purchasing a fasciablaster, funds have limited me up to this point, and as such, I haven't followed the product or Ashley Black that closely up to this point. Really only what I see here on VF.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 03:35 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keilan00 View Post
I have a tightness on the right side of my body. It's mainly my right hand, shoulder, upper back, and hip. I got brainwashed with Ashley's mantra that everything is connected and you need to blast the entire length of the body. I worked on my calves and now I have pain in my right heel. I don't know how to explain it. It feels like my connective tissue, tendons and/or ligaments in my heel seized up and aren't flexible anymore. When I put a lot of weight on my foot or bend over and stretch my foot, there is intense pain. I stopped blasting a couple months ago and it's getting better.

If you're interested in myofascial release, I recommend getting a couple of tennis balls and racquetballs and the book The Role Model by Jill Miller.
Thank you for sharing this. I'm sorry you are in pain. Have you looked into massage therapy for this? I have had fascial release massage from skilled therapists and it has helped me tremendously in general for pain and other conditions. In one instance, just one treatment gave me relief for an issue I had for years (but that isn't a typical result, it usually takes more than one treatment.)

I've looked into Jill Miller's Roll Model book, but most of it is too advanced for me at this point. I have done some rolling which I learned from PTs and it has helped.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 04:05 PM  
keilan00

Thanks sherry7899!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
Have you looked into massage therapy for this? I have had fascial release massage from skilled therapists and it has helped me tremendously in general for pain and other conditions. In one instance, just one treatment gave me relief for an issue I had for years (but that isn't a typical result, it usually takes more than one treatment.)
I had 2 series of acupuncture, 12 treatments in total, which helped ease muscle tension but it always tightens up again after a couple weeks.

I haven't had professional myofascial massage. I have many tools to perform self myofascial release but I haven't been consistent. I'm okay. I just need to refocus.

One of the tools I won't be using is the Fasciablaster. What a terrible company built upon lies!!!
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-17, 02:07 AM  
Stephanie_B

Obviously I've got a case of insomnia, but as one of the people who purchased the FB I guess last year or whenever it came out and participated I have to say I've saw a lot of negative things about Ashley which is why I won't participate in her FB groups.

Keilan I'm sorry about your heel. Mine does that (PF is one issue I've had for over ten years off and on now) and for me Jill Miller's stuff works great. I also like Yamuna's beginner foot kit. HOWEVER I bought it for my stepmom who has PF as well and she hated it as for her it caused more pain. Also HEAT works for me not ice for my heel.

I still blast occasionally. I don't bruise now but I only use light strokes like Lannette does. It's a tool for me and mostly my calves and forearms. It's a PITA to use for my back. Now it DID help back pain and actually did get rid of cellulite but I'm too lazy to keep up with that and frankly I don't give a crap if I have cellulite or not. And there's no way I'd buy her oils and whatever else she's got going on simply because it's probably similar to less costly alternatives.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-17, 07:12 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Thanks sherry7899!

I had 2 series of acupuncture, 12 treatments in total, which helped ease muscle tension but it always tightens up again after a couple weeks.

I haven't had professional myofascial massage. I have many tools to perform self myofascial release but I haven't been consistent. I'm okay. I just need to refocus.

One of the tools won't be using is the Fasciablaster. What a terrible company built upon lies!!!
I'm considering acupuncture after I'm released from physical therapy. She did dry needling on me yesterday and it really helped. I was doing deep muscle massage with cupping but of course, you have to keep going back. The last time I went, she jacked up my neck and shoulder. My fault, I let her go too deep.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-17, 11:13 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie_B View Post
.. frankly I don't give a crap if I have cellulite or not.
Love that!

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-17, 12:52 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Keilan, I'm sorry this happened to you. I hope you find relief soon. I read other people that have had horrible experiences with the FB. They post in other fitness groups since they were kicked out of Ashley's. Some were also threatened so they would quit posting negative reviews about it.

I have read good things about it too from people that use it more as a massage tool like Lannette does.
Old 07-29-17, 01:52 PM  
keilan00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
Keilan, I'm sorry this happened to you. I hope you find relief soon. I read other people that have had horrible experiences with the FB. They post in other fitness groups since they were kicked out of Ashley's. Some were also threatened so they would quit posting negative reviews about it.

I have read good things about it too from people that use it more as a massage tool like Lannette does.
The body is complex and raking the BPA plastic claws according to Ashley's protocols against the skin is throwing it out of balance and triggering crazy hormonal changes and biochemical signal transduction cascades in some individuals. Today, I read that several women are reporting nodules on their thyroid and experiencing hyper and hypo symptoms at the same time. Ashley doesn't care if her product hurts people. She just sends them cut-and-paste replies, blocks, and/or sends letters from her lawyer threatening to sue. Her latest lawsuit suing her research participant for $5 million should be sending red flags all over the place.

Also, I saw a post today where a woman pried off the caps of the claws with a knife and it was filthy inside, jammed with oil, dead skin cells, and probably mold and bacteria. She claimed she cleaned it after every use. There are so many nooks and crannies. Unless you regularly disassemble it for cleaning, I can't imagine it being sanitary using the device on multiple people. This is a health hazard in more ways than one.

keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-17, 02:14 PM  
ardnas

Quote:
I saw a post today where a woman pried off the caps of the claws with a knife and it was filthy inside, jammed with oil, dead skin cells, and probably mold and bacteria. There are so many nooks and crannies. Unless you regularly disassemble it for cleaning, I can't imagine it being sanitary.
This is why I use mine dry over thin PJs or exercise clothing!

Tags
ashley black, ashley black guru, body dysmorphia, buyer beware, cellulite, fascia, fascia blaster, fasciablaster, fasciablaster injuries, injuries