Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-15, 06:00 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

I'm 65, almost 66 and I'm not happy with anything. Nah, just messin with ya. Looking good is NOT an accomplishment IMO. Doing a pull-up is; lowering your cholesterol is; running your first mile is; looking good is not. I look OK and that's good enough for me. I'm more interested in helping others, taking fun classes and enjoying life at this point in my journey. Yes, I'd like to lose at least 15 lbs. If it happens - great. If it doesn't - maybe next year.

Last edited by Lexy; 01-01-16 at 09:50 AM. Reason: clarify
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 06:04 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Famous View Post
Listen, I love my body.

I am 47 years old, 5'6", and I am about 10-12 pounds heavier than my thinnest adult weight. I have always tried to take good care of myself, and it is paying off now. (As I remind myself, it's not how you start, it's how you finish.)

I wear a bikini to the beach and feel very comfortable in my own skin. This is true even though I might not objectively have the world's greatest body. But you know what? I don't care. It's mine, I've worked on it, I love it, my DH loves it.

Case closed.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
This is beautiful!
Old 12-31-15, 06:05 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy View Post
I'm 65, almost 66 and I'm not happy with anything. Nah, just messin with ya. Looking good is NOT an accomplishment IMO. I look OK and that's good enough for me. I'm more interested in helping others and enjoying life at this point in my journey. Yes, I'd like to lose at least 15 lbs. If it happens - great. If it doesn't - maybe next year.
And this is beautiful too!
Old 12-31-15, 06:33 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Famous View Post
Listen, I love my body.

I am 47 years old, 5'6", and I am about 10-12 pounds heavier than my thinnest adult weight. I have always tried to take good care of myself, and it is paying off now. (As I remind myself, it's not how you start, it's how you finish.)

I wear a bikini to the beach and feel very comfortable in my own skin. This is true even though I might not objectively have the world's greatest body. But you know what? I don't care. It's mine, I've worked on it, I love it, my DH loves it.

Case closed.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Bravo, AF, Bravo!

Ladies, as a fellow woman AND a psychologist--WHAT SHE SAID! I am the same age as AF (47), and yes, I've going through phases of been more or less happy with this or that aspect with my body, wanting to lose weight, etc., but I've never been truly "unhappy" with my body overall. (Well, I wasn't too happy with it when I had kidney stones, I'll tell you that! )

Trust me on this: you are your own worst enemy! Let yourself enjoy the body you have, especially if it is healthy. Make a pledge to yourself to continue pursuing your fitness goals in 2016 but to STOP saying anything negative about your body in the meantime (and this should go without saying, but especially if you are around young girls--or, really, any other women). Strive to be happy!

(This concludes my soapbox. )

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 08:38 PM  
buffmama

Happy with my body and close to my lowest college weight but lower than my lowest graduate school weight. My diet now and at that time in college are similar - try and eat the healthiest things possible. (But eat I do ) Always playing with different workouts to see how I can mold my body but that time is my 'treat', my me time.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 09:08 PM  
Loriann

I am 52 and very happy with my body except for some loss of flexibility (which I am working to improve using CS and Jill Miller) and the fact that I need to put in a few less intense workouts here and there or my joints complain.

I weigh less than I did when I got married. I am currently only about 5 pounds heavier than my lowest weight (when I was 22), but I think I look much better because now I lift weights and have muscle definition. When I was 22 I mostly starved myself and did cardio to keep my weight in check. Then I found Margaret Richard on PBS and did her program for years.

The weight started to creep up in my early forties - about 8 pounds or so and I thought it was inevitable, but then I found Cathe on Exercise TV. It was her Slow and Heavy series. What a shock! I thought she was nuts lifting that kind of weight, but I wanted to try. And so began my descent into vidiocy.........

I do a variety of workouts (mostly Cathe), I eat mostly unprocessed foods, I drink wine, I walk, and I am happy with my body. As long as I can keep up with the grandkids, it is good.

Lori
Old 12-31-15, 09:25 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I'm also 52 and think my body is amaaaazing

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 01:51 AM  
videofit

My weight doesn't vary by more than five pounds. I've overindulged in the past month or two as I always do but I know I will knuckle down and lose it in January. Going gluten free should help (I hope). In college my weight was 120 (used to weigh myself daily in the infirmary) and I am 5'8". But I had no muscle to speak of and didn't stop growing until I graduated. Now I am toned and fit (but could always be better). I don't let my weight go over 130 to feel and look my best.

I concentrate less on weight and more on measurements. An extra five pounds = 1 inch on my butt = my pants won't fit! I am also single so have to look good. My problem is that men my age are generally a hot mess, so I tend to date a bit younger.
Old 01-01-16, 01:57 AM  
LovingLife
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Bravo, AF, Bravo!

Trust me on this: you are your own worst enemy! Let yourself enjoy the body you have, especially if it is healthy. Make a pledge to yourself to continue pursuing your fitness goals in 2016 but to STOP saying anything negative about your body in the meantime (and this should go without saying, but especially if you are around young girls--or, really, any other women). Strive to be happy!

(This concludes my soapbox. )
Beautiful words, Beth!

"I know you're tired, but jump higher!"
-- Cathe

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with Beachbody. For details, take a look at my profile or see my blog www.foodplusfitness.net .
LovingLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 05:20 AM  
featherz

48 here and reasonably happy - not overweight by any means but about 7-10 pounds over where I'd like to be, however honestly when I was there I looked a lot older (doesn't that suck?!?!?). So not actively trying to lose, just to stay in shape.
featherz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, body acceptance, body dysmorphia, diet mentality, happy with body, over 45, over 45 happy with body, self image