Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-15, 04:16 PM  
darbyndoug

Yes, I'm very happy with my body. I'm able to do lots of fun workouts, my yoga and meditation, and have no pain most of the time. Sure I've got the "menopot" but whatever. And I weight a little bit more, too. (I'm 54)
darbyndoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 04:29 PM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I'm not. At 38 I was in the best shape of my life, I thought for sure I had beaten it. Nope.
That's me exactly, I worked so hard in my 30's to finally get to a good fit place, and now in my 40's, with the past year and a half of injuries, I feel like I'm almost where I started. Not fun.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 04:30 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

58 and I'm not complaining. I definitely look better if I don't wear my glasses when I look in the mirror, that's the secret, hehe. My weight is pretty much the same as in High School, I'm strong and functioning alright. I had some serious surgeries, now I just have to be careful not to re injure again and that's very hard for me.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 04:44 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Not really ~ I've the heaviest I've ever been, although I don't think most people would consider me overweight. I'll be 60 this coming year and what I've learned is that I absolutely cannot get away with crappy eating like I could when I was younger. My hope this year is to eat more mindfully - to log my food. I'm great at logging my exercise - I just need to transfer that skill to logging my food.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 04:55 PM  
jenn38

I just turned 45 this month. And I'm not happy with my physical appearance at all. But I am my own worst enemy for why I do not change. And mainly it comes to what and how much I put in mouth.

My goal for 2016 is to kick my excuses to the curb, and get my diet in check and consistent.
Old 12-31-15, 05:00 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I am pretty happy with my body. At 58 this is as good as it gets unless I want to hurt myself with intense weight training and deny myself a few treats and a glass of wine. Not worth it! I was around 117 before I had my kids and when I did a lot of running in my 40s, but I was pretty thin. Now I sit around 132 and don't fluctuate much. I would love to get below 130 but that seems unlikely. I keep the meno-pooch under some control with barre/ballet/Pilates/yoga fusion type workouts. But it never goes away completely. I keep my weight under control with lots of steady state cardio - walking, low impact cardio workouts, rebounding, and swimming.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 05:05 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
58 and I'm not complaining. I definitely look better if I don't wear my glasses when I look in the mirror, that's the secret, hehe. My weight is pretty much the same as in High School, I'm strong and functioning alright.
This made me smile! I agree... I look way better when I'm slightly blurred in the mirror!

I just turned 59, so next year I'll hit the big 6-0! I'm not complaining either. This past year has been a bad one for me personally, but I chose to tackle my grief by working out like a fiend. It's pretty much what I do to stay sane. I work out twice a day most days and do everything from boot camp to running to weight training.

My weight has really never been an issue in the sense that I needed to lose any. I used to struggle to gain weight, but since I cut back on running so many miles and upped my strength training, I'm seeing more muscle and keeping my weight where it should be. I was 110 lbs in high school and now I'm around 118 lbs (5'7"). I really think as we age that weight training is the key to staying healthy, fit and strong.... at least it has been for me.

I've also cut out all sugar and processed foods, and am pretty diligent about eating the good stuff.

I am very thankful that I'm healthy and fit and have no serious injuries or limitations. Health is truly the best wealth!
Old 12-31-15, 05:51 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn38 View Post
I just turned 45 this month. And I'm not happy with my physical appearance at all. But I am my own worst enemy for why I do not change. And mainly it comes to what and how much I put in mouth.

My goal for 2016 is to kick my excuses to the curb, and get my diet in check and consistent.
This is me, only I'm 48.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 05:53 PM  
Aunt Famous

Listen, I love my body.

I am 47 years old, 5'6", and I am about 10-12 pounds heavier than my thinnest adult weight. I have always tried to take good care of myself, and it is paying off now. (As I remind myself, it's not how you start, it's how you finish.)

I wear a bikini to the beach and feel very comfortable in my own skin. This is true even though I might not objectively have the world's greatest body. But you know what? I don't care. It's mine, I've worked on it, I love it, my DH loves it.

Case closed.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-15, 05:57 PM  
Daffie

I was never a skinny kid. In Jr. High we got weighed in gym class and I was scared the nurse was going to tell me to lose weight as she had another girl. I weighed 140 but she didn't say anything. I could out run most of the girls and boys too. I was always bigger than my friends and stepsisters. I've always been active but up and down with weight because of emotional eating. I almost hit 200 a few times. I lost 40 pounds 9 years ago and have kept it off. I'm about the same size as high school even though I weigh more. I feel weight training is why. I would like to have a flat tummy and a smaller tush and thighs but I often get comments how small I am. I get comments that it's obvious I work out. I would like to be smaller but feeling huge most of my life I am content where I am. I'm almost 48

~~Daffie~~
Daffie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, body acceptance, body dysmorphia, diet mentality, happy with body, over 45, over 45 happy with body, self image