Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-14, 03:23 PM  
barreboxbell

I started reading about waist training, when I looked up natural ways to get a better waist-hip ratio, and bought an underbust corset that was steel boned. I wore it about 6 hours a day about 3" tighter than my natural waist line, but made sure I could breath deeply and that it wasn't painful anywhere. I noticed that when I would do plank, my stomach skin got tighter and tighter and rebounced to how it looked before baby. I don't know if it works for everyone, but I didn't change my eating habits or exercise routine. This was the only remedy that worked for me.
barreboxbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 06:12 AM  
twinkletoes

**OLD THREAD ALERT**

Not sure if anyone really cares But I wanted to give an update.

After a little more research, I read that the "loaf of bread" is caused by weak transverse ab muscles.

I've been wearing THIS when I go for walks (been walking during my lunch and after dinner) to hold my stomach in (not because I think it'll magically melt inches or anything), and doing Lindsay Brinn's Core Firing Sequence Method DVD (in addition to my other workouts). She focuses on the transverse and teaches you how to engage it again...which is what I really needed.

I do notice an improvement. The loaf of bread is still there but I can definitely tell it's getting smaller. I know it'll take a lot of time and work, but I'm determined!!

I forgot to get checked for diastasis recti but I see the doctor next month and I'll ask him then!

I just wanted to share in case anyone else was working on the same area.
Old 07-24-15, 10:00 AM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdoctor01 View Post
I thought you were talking about not eating the loaf or any bread at all when I first saw the title of the thread.
Hah, me too ... !

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 11:30 AM  
mspina

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 12:12 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I don't understand how the belt would help??
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 01:04 PM  
twinkletoes

It fits snug around my waist so I remember to keep everything tight/sucked in (sort of) when I'm walking rather than letting everything relax like I usually do.
Old 07-24-15, 02:37 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ots View Post
Now, this might sound hokie - but, I like Nauli Kriya. Although, I will give you some caveats: 1) when I started, I did not look like Jill Miller or any of the people that you can see demo-ing it on youtube look. In fact, it barely looked like anything was happening. Now, it looks like I'm doing something like them --- but, not with the same speed or depth. 2) it still not attractive doing it and I would prefer never to do it in front of anyone --- this is just between me and my mirror! 3) a layer of fat still covers everything. That being said, 4) I do think it makes a difference in the appearance of my belly and I think all the adhesions that originally made it a tad uncomfortable are gone and everything looks a little bit more sucked in.

I started by using Jill's Nauli Kriya DVD which is really more an instructional DVD than a practice one. But, I hear that her Coregeous DVD has some NK on it too. I don't know if anyone else does it --- once I learned, I just do it on my own in front of the mirror.

YMMV!
oooh, good idea! I never thought of that...but I bet with constant practice, it would help! Thanks!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-15, 12:15 AM  
Scorpio6

Suzanne Bowen's Coregeous, and Tracy Anderson's original Post Pregnancy dvd, especially the pikes, should go a long way toward getting rid of that.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-15, 05:49 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I asked Cathe about this years ago and she said to not look at it while in plank because you are coming out of alignment. Work on contracting the transverse and your core muscles, glutes, etc. in plank.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abdominals, body acceptance, body dysmorphia, bread, bread crumbs, loaf of bread, nauli, planks, pooch