Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-14, 07:31 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Debbie Siebers, her blog

I'm recently on a vintage kick, revisiting my Slim Series workouts and finding they still kick booty

So today I was floored when I stumbled on Debbie's blog and read this posting she did months ago.

Sorry if this has been posted here before.

I love Debbie. I had no idea how she came to create Slim Series really, but the fact that she shared her own struggles and blows so openly and humbly on this blog is just another reason I love her.

Just wanted to share!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 07:42 PM  
daisyduke

I love debbie and slim series gave me the best rresults of any program. Thanks for sharing.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 07:44 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I'm reeling from Steven Spielberg's comment, which was wrong on more than one level. In retrospect Debbie may be grateful for that insult because it helped change her life, but -- just the idea that he could dictate what his wife's thighs should look like and speak about her like that, never mind insulting the trainer!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 07:47 PM  
ADoll

Thanks for sharing! I seem to understand the struggles that she was going through because that's my problem area as well. Good reading.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 07:49 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I just read her post on cellulite. What an honest woman! I like her style and will continue reading her blog.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 07:53 PM  
Stephanie_B

Love Debbie, but wow about the thigh comments. I couldn't be married to a guy that has body ideals of what I need to look like (I hope that makes sense).

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 08:02 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

TOTALLY agree about the Steven bit..OMG, I was horrified at that on so many levels!! I couldn't be married to that either, no thank you. The fact that Debbie didn't curl up in the fetal position after that comment with a carton of Ben and Jerry's, which is what I would have done, is amazing. And yes, I love the post on cellulite too. I just wish I had more workouts like Slim Series, I really do!!
Old 08-14-14, 08:19 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Hmm, I'm much sadder that Debbie considers her life's accomplishment to be getting to a size 4 than any of the comments made towards her. I'm sorry, but right here on VF we have women overcoming true adversity.

Yeah, yeah, there is nothing wrong with looking good, but seriously, what adversity did she overcome? I am honestly glad she is happier with herself though
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 08:39 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
Hmm, I'm much sadder that Debbie considers her life's accomplishment to be getting to a size 4 than any of the comments made towards her. I'm sorry, but right here on VF we have women overcoming true adversity.

Yeah, yeah, there is nothing wrong with looking good, but seriously, what adversity did she overcome? I am honestly glad she is happier with herself though
Oh, I kind of read into it more as she was struggling with not having the appearance expected of someone in her chosen profession rather than adversity really, if that makes sense? It's like if you were a ballet dancer but were bigger than what was considered the 'norm' for someone in your profession. You can be the best dancer out there, but you won't work if you don't look the part. So if you want to work, you have to figure out how to look the part. Just the nature of the industry.

So she could have quit and found a different line of work entirely, but instead she came up with a different way to work out, something that transformed her and something she could then offer to her clients. I kind of just think of it as a success story and inspiration to not quit if you truly enjoy doing something.

But that's just how I read it. I admire that she shared her professional struggle
Old 08-14-14, 08:39 PM  
laurajhawk

It strikes me as "how I finally came to understand that my body really was wrong just like everyone always said, fixed it and became a success." I'm not crazy about the message.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body acceptance, debbie siebers