Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-14, 05:15 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I took my first jazzercise trip about a month ago while out of town. (We have no studios near here.) It was fun and they used current pop music as well as some older music. The class participants were having fun and were all ages. One lady was early 70's.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-14, 07:53 PM  
jerebo

I tried Jazzercise while visiting my mother-in-law in Columbus, OH. I was surprised to find that there are several dedicated Jazzercise studios here teaching 6-8 classes a day (each). I really enjoyed the Jazzercise class I took--great music! However, I wish there had been more cardio. After about 35 minutes, we went into weight lifting (still with great music--perhaps a bit like the Les Mills Body Pump classes? I've never done them, so I can't say). I prefer to do my own thing for strength, but I would say it was a fun workout (up until the strength portion , and a decent sweat.
Old 07-23-14, 09:25 PM  
acey

I have been loving Dancin' Abs. My pooch belly has been asserting itself recently (middle age, eating too much, depression over losing Natty), so I'm on a campaign to tame it. Dancin' Abs has a fun amount of moderate cardio with non-stop standing ab work. The music is definitely more "modern." Great beats.

I have the other new Jazzercise videos but haven't tried them yet. I did start to try the one with that dancing competitor celebrity, with a Latin dance theme, but I Joni-O-ed it. It's a weird format; it's just her standing alone on a platform with everyone surrounding her at a lower level, and she starts off sooooo sloooowwwwly that I couldn't deal with it. (How hard is it to learn a mambo?) Maybe it gets better as you get into the workout.

Tags
jazzercise