Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-03-12, 07:10 AM  
wellnesswife

My fitness pal

Does anyone use this daily? What have been your results? Seems pretty good for a free app. Liking the scanner feature although only have used it for 2 days. Anyone want to be friends on the app for motivation/accountability?
wellnesswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 07:19 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellnesswife View Post
Does anyone use this daily? What have been your results? Seems pretty good for a free app. Liking the scanner feature although only have used it for 2 days. Anyone want to be friends on the app for motivation/accountability?
I've used it only sporadically for the past year or thereabouts, so no real results. I find though, that when I really track my food, I can easily drop a pound or two. I have a lot more than that to drop now!

I went back to tracking again on 10/1 and am trying to be consistent this time. I like MPF better than any other free (or paid!) site for tracking calories. I have my Fitbit synced with MFP and it's been really motivating me to move more. I use MFP only on my computer since I'm one of those rare people that only have a "dumb" phone. I really like tracking food with MFP and am planning to be really consistent at least through the month of October to see what happens. Looks like I got my daily exercise under control now thanks to our September Check-in!
Old 10-03-12, 07:20 AM  
EriNicole00

Hi! I usually lurk around here but your post caught my eye. Ive benn using this app since sept 11 and so far it is working. I'm trying to get off the last 10 pounds since my sevond baby in July. I would love to work with you. If you want, pm me and we can trade info!
EriNicole00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 07:31 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

hi Wellness wife. I'm using Loseit and I love it. I love making sure my numbers stay within range. I do believe you will love MFP. I don't know why I chose the other but i have that one loaded on my iphone also. I think i liked the other better because it has more already products I use in there. The scanners are good. I didn't know it was there until someone on here showed me (told me about it)

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 05:21 PM  
wookiemouse

I've been on MFP daily since January. Lost about 5 lbs and that's it. It doesn't seem to matter if I stay at recommended calories or not (plus I wear a Fitbit), nothing moves. *sigh* It keeps me accountable tho.

Completed: P90X, CLX, TF, TF/CLX hybrid (x3), Les Mills Pump, STS (x3), NROLFW, Focus T25, P90X3, Body Beast, Insanity half-grad

Currently doing: Strong
wookiemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 05:23 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

oh Stacy, that's not good So sorry. What are you going to do now?

~~~Cheryl

Old 10-03-12, 06:25 PM  
Lulu Belle

I've been using it for about 10 days and I like it so far. I am a ravenous monster and feel hungry often in the day, but I'll figure it out. Have not lost any weight yet but since it's new I'm not frustrated. I find it hard to accurately post exercises - running is fine but I'm not sure how to post kettlebell workouts.
Lulu Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 06:45 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I think they are a strength workout . do you mean what category to put it in?

~~~Cheryl

Old 10-03-12, 08:37 PM  
SherBear

I recently found MFP (thanks to VF) and I have lost 10lbs because of it. I had NO idea how many calories I was really consuming. Holy Moly. I now think twice/three times about a snack. I don't dismiss my workouts anymore. My excuse for being tired no longer applies.
SherBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 08:42 PM  
wookiemouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
oh Stacy, that's not good So sorry. What are you going to do now?
Took my DVD money and went to a nutritionist. She gave me a meal plan I'm following, just started on Monday. Just carb/protein/veggies/fat ratios based on my lifestyle (active plus strength training). I've always eaten clean, but she thinks shifting my ratios will help me lean out. We'll see.

Completed: P90X, CLX, TF, TF/CLX hybrid (x3), Les Mills Pump, STS (x3), NROLFW, Focus T25, P90X3, Body Beast, Insanity half-grad

Currently doing: Strong
wookiemouse is offline   Reply With Quote