Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-09, 04:01 PM  
bfit

please talk me out of getting the Firm Wave

Please give me some reasons not to order the Firm Wave. I've found myself intrigued by this ever since it was first described on the Collage site, but I've caved to the various Firm gimmicks in the past and have often (but not always) been disappointed. Now I notice that the reviews so far are not very positive for the Wave workouts, but I'm still tempted. I think need some convincing arguments not to buy it!
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 04:11 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I want one too, but decided against it because I don't think using it will really get my heartrate up where I want it to be.
Old 02-26-09, 04:14 PM  
CarlaShanti

If in doubt, don't. There are so many other things out there.
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 04:19 PM  
Sophia

1) They'll probably never make any more workouts for it because they'll move on to a new gizmo. This thing is too small to double as a clothes rack in the corner of the room.

2) Brand new mass produced product...think the Firm death box. I'd at least see if there are any reports of this thing breaking.

Hope that helps! Helped me.
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 04:30 PM  
TinaT

I recently decided to sell all my existing workouts and start over. The WAVE was one of the items I thought about purchasing (with the all of the money). Knowing that having a variety of workout options is key to staying active as an "at home exerciser", I decided that spending soooo much money on a piece of equipment that would be limited in dvd availability caused me to make the decision NOT to purchase it.

Instead, I purchased 10 workouts from Total Fitness and I not only have a variety of workouts but high quality workouts that give me options. (Pre-mixes, etc.).

If I were you, I would put my hard earned money in better quality workouts and if you are still thinking about it next fall, when it will probably be in retail stores like Target, then buy one. You could easily return it then if you don't like it.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 04:36 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i'd wait - there's no rush. i got my Firm TF about 1.5 yrs later from craigslist, for more than 1/2 off, brand new.

it's possible that you might even find the DVDs sold separately, and can find or use a gadget similar to the Firm's Wave to do the moves with.

there are some threads that describe other makers of a "Wave" -like gadget here at VF.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 04:42 PM  
gigi

I'm with everyone here. Why get another gadget that will only have a set number of workouts, unless you are motivated to use it on your own or with other workouts somehow? They have yet to make another Transfirmer workout. I don't understand why the Firm is so into gadgets and kits when they could make workouts that people would jump at to go with the gadgets and kits they've already bought!

It had my attention when it first came out but I easily let this one pass me by.

It does look fun and different but think about what you want, need, how much you're willing to spend, how often you really think you will use it, and when you get tired of the same 3 or 4 workouts that are made for it, how will you feel about "the Wave?"

Good luck!
Old 02-26-09, 04:58 PM  
PhyllisG

Really why bother. They will just have some other gadget out there probably in a few months. Then there you go all over again.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 05:00 PM  
laurajhawk

It's just a Firm gimmick, and you're usually disappointed when you cave to those. Don't bother.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 05:06 PM  
mtnmom

Too much money, too few workouts. Not likely the Firm will produce more workouts for the Wave. You'll be stuck figuring out where to store it, then get tired of it all and not want to sell it because it's bulky and you don't want to have to deal with shipping it.

So you end up giving it away.