Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-25-21, 11:11 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Day 14

Kent Katich Yoga for Flexibility with Kevin Love (Progressive Warm-up) and (Deep Stretch and Restore.) I liked these two practices, but time will tell if I reach for them.
  • New workout/Virgin
  • Yoga Instructor/Coach Kent Karich is a bit dry. Doesn't do the yoga, but instructs and focuses on Kevin.
  • Kevin is great and he's obviously been doing yoga for a while. He's tall.
  • Four 20 minute practice, except for Shavasana section.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-21, 09:00 AM  
SherBear

Day 15 Sherri Jacquelyn
CIA-2603 Criss-Cross Cardio

Another DVD acquired from my Kickboxing days. However, this one had another special key word - Capoeira. My favorite Chalene Johnson workout is Punch, Kick and Jam- Fantastic workout with a Capoeira-inspired section. I was looking for something with the same feel.

7 Min warm up which felt like the workout, then 40 mins of punching and less kicking. Sherri is a good instructor. She did not breakdown the moves very often but told you what is coming. Decent cueing, good form, not chatty.

20 minutes of standing abs (short but great), Capoeira moves (they were good the first time through but she repeats them 3 times, ), cooldown and stretch.

Plus
There is a lot of punching. This WO can easily be taken up a notch with some 1 lb gloves. A weighted vest would work too.
Menu options to only do standing portion or kickbox

Minus
The background exercisers added nothing to this, even the modifier.
Capoeira section wasn't all that. But part of me thinks it was the music in punch, kick jam that made it. I don't remember what the music was like in this WO.

@Helen and @Bubbles- Thanks for the kind words, I think those last 10 lbs are an issue between my hand and mouth
SherBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-21, 03:20 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Day 15

Kathi Ross-Nash Prevention Easy Healing Stretches (Feet and Calves.)
Kimberly Fowler Prevention Flat Belly Yoga (Express workout.)

Both workouts are fairly new...first time with Kimberly and first time with Kathi's Feet and Calves workout. Had done another segment for Face and Neck stretches when I first got the DVD.
  • Both workouts were good.
  • Great for lighter day or add-ons.
  • Liked both instructors okay, with a few caveats (Kathi talked too much during the Face and Neck segment, but I liked her much more during the Feet and Calves practice.)
  • On Healing Stretches DVD there's also a Hip segment, as well as a Legs and Thighs practice...which I still haven't done yet.
  • Liked that Flat Belly Yoga DVD uses light weights and poses and weights are held for a good length of time.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-21, 03:29 PM  
Kitten

Day 16 virgin 10ms blast off belly fat

The dvd is not a virgin (I adore the pilates segment) but today's workout was. I did the ab ripper workout, which I did not expect to like.

Pros: Suzanne Bowen - I love her. It's a mish-mosh of standing, laying, plank exercises. Time flew I liked it so much.

Cons: None
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-21, 04:22 PM  
jetlitis

DAY 15 (July 26, 2021) virgin

2015 Cassey Ho Pop Pilates Flat Abs Fast!
  • Hard Core 10m
  • Lower Belly Blast 10m
  • Muffintop Melter 10m
There are three 10 minute ab routines on the DVD. These routines were tougher than I expected. I plan to do this DVD in another couple of weeks. I really was not prepared today (feeling very tired). Hopefully, I'll be more prepared the next time.
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-21, 06:15 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Vannie, believe it or not, I haven't tried any of Bob Harper's workouts. I had Cardio Rev Conditioning in my possession twice, but traded them both times for something I really, really wanted without trying them. I may have to get Cardio Rev Conditioning again. Although, I hope he's not bossy like Jillian. I can only have one Jillian personality in my collection

Karla, did Do More Pilates Standing have any lunging or squat type moves? I may have to try that one next week.

Day 13 - Xtreme Hip Hop with Phil Volume 2. Virgin workout, virgin instructor. I only did the first workout, which was 30 minutes. Oddly enough, the first 12 or so minutes did not have music. I think the purpose was to go over the moves without music, in slightly slower time. The rest had music. For me, it was easy to follow and the moves were simple, but fast. Sometimes, it was hard to hear the moves.

Also, I may have gotten a bad copy off ebay, because I cannot use the menu. It's there, but I can't click around to get to the workout I want to. That's why this one was on the maybe pile. I couldn't see myself reaching for this if I have to fiddle around with the fast forward buttons.
No squats or lunges, but there are some plies.

Day 14

Keep It Up w/ Debbie Sieber

This was another thrift store find that ended up on my shelf of Git-Round-To-It-Soon DVDs. Of course, soon is a relative term :-)

I liked the workout and will probably do it again often. It was mostly cardio with some light toning (towards the end) using a resistance band. There's no ab work. I followed it up with Slim & Limber which is a short stretching workout.
Old 07-26-21, 09:22 PM  
bubbles76

Thanks Karla!

Day 14 - Ashley Turner 6 Weeks to Sculpted - Virgin workout, not virgin instructor (I have her Spri workout, which I like). For this workout, I completed the Upper Body Warm Up, Upper Body HiiT A, Upper Body Hiit B, and Total Core, all which put me around 25 minutes. Surprisingly, there's not a Cool Down or Stretch, unless you count the Yoga or Foam Rolling workout. I liked the workouts I did. For me, not much Hiit, but it was a decent workout. Both workouts for me hit all the upper body.

Warm Up wasn't much of a warm up. Just stretches. Odd.

For Upper Hiit A, it's three rounds of four exercises with 8 reps per exercise for Upper HIiit B it's five rounds of four exercises with 10 reps per exercise.

Upper Hiit A has Back (Plank + Alternating Row), Shoulders (Push Press), Biceps (Bicep Curls + Shoulder Press), Russian Twists, and Burpees.

Upper Body Hiit B has Shoulders + Back (Front Raise +Reverse Fly), Back and Triceps (Back Row + Tricep Kickback), Chest (Push Ups with Alternating Knee to Elbow), and some exercise where you do a deep squat holding dumbbells on your shoulders, stand and do a gentle hop to the other side, and repeat. I think she called it a lateral squat hop?

I think both workouts are good for days when you can't decide what to do, but want to get in something. I can see this pairing nicely with her Body Foundation workout, which is all body weight. That's also another virgin workout for me, but it looks like it would fit nicely.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 10:30 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I fell off for a couple of days because of my eye procedure, but got back at it yesterday. I'm finishing even if I'm the last one posting!

Day 4 - KCM Muscle Up, workout 1.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 11:27 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Vannie, believe it or not, I haven't tried any of Bob Harper's workouts. I had Cardio Rev Conditioning in my possession twice, but traded them both times for something I really, really wanted without trying them. I may have to get Cardio Rev Conditioning again. Although, I hope he's not bossy like Jillian. I can only have one Jillian personality in my collection

Karla, did Do More Pilates Standing have any lunging or squat type moves? I may have to try that one next week.

Day 13 - Xtreme Hip Hop with Phil Volume 2. Virgin workout, virgin instructor. I only did the first workout, which was 30 minutes. Oddly enough, the first 12 or so minutes did not have music. I think the purpose was to go over the moves without music, in slightly slower time. The rest had music. For me, it was easy to follow and the moves were simple, but fast. Sometimes, it was hard to hear the moves.

Also, I may have gotten a bad copy off ebay, because I cannot use the menu. It's there, but I can't click around to get to the workout I want to. That's why this one was on the maybe pile. I couldn't see myself reaching for this if I have to fiddle around with the fast forward buttons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Compared to Jillian, Bob is calm, bland, passive, boring, .....
Bubbles, I agree with Helen. The few workouts of Bob's that I have done I didn't find him to be anything like Jillian.

I am really liking this challenge. I may continue after it's over trying to add on short virgin workouts.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 12:51 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I fell off for a couple of days because of my eye procedure, but got back at it yesterday. I'm finishing even if I'm the last one posting!

Day 4 - KCM Muscle Up, workout 1.
Pat, next week I'm tackling my Metrx and ramp virgins. I'll keep posting as long as you do.

Day 17 dustbunny

Denise Austin's hit the spot pilates. I have tried the core workout and the power abs workout, today I did the abs & waistline workout.

Pros: she really packs a lot into the 10 minutes.

Cons: It's Denise. I was a huge fan back in the day, but now I have to be in the mood.

I may keep this dvd just for this one workout- I'm not fan of the other ones on here.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dustbunnies, new instructors, rotation ideas, virgins