Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-27-21, 12:27 PM  
Scorpio6

Online PT Rick Kaselj in Canada

I just wanted to give a vote of confidence to the above mentioned gentleman. He is doing PT online with videos, pictures and instructions to print out, and has things categorized according to the problem. I highly recommend him, have gotten several products from him. If you need PT, look into his programs.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-21, 03:47 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio6 View Post
I had to have PT from March-June for sciatica. On my last visit about 3 wks ago, I can't remember what preceded the discussion, but the PT told me to demonstrate a sumo squat for her. I easily did that, they're the same as 2nd position grand plies in ballet and I had 8 years of that. It's just that trainers call them sumo squats. As soon as I came up, she said, "No, that's not it." She didn't demonstrate her interpretation or explain what she thought I did wrong. It suddenly struck me that she was lying and trying to make me think I didn't know as much as I do, because she wanted to keep the money rolling in. I have never been back.
Did you ask them to demonstrate or ask what the correct way was?
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-21, 01:07 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
Did you ask them to demonstrate or ask what the correct way was?
I think they should do that on their own. Demonstrate and THEN ask you to do it.

I have seen sumo squat mean two different things. Most often it means legs anywhere from slightly more than hip distance, to more than that, and in order to get crease of hip parallel to the floor, you have to do a slight lean forward while bending at the knees. I can only remember a couple of times I have seen it more like a plie, where you keep the feet wide and the torso upright, so that you aren’t getting as low.

I heard a Barbell Med podcast with a PT who was saying more or less that a lot of PTs don’t know a lot about fitness. Maybe some of it is what kind of experience they have. I can’t believe the comment about someone in their 40’s not being able to fully recover! That’s so discouraging.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
physical therapist