Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-21, 08:27 PM  
bfit

Really discouraged, don't feel like I will achieve the fitness I used to have

I've written here several times over the past 6 months about various things regarding my broken foot. I appreciate everyone's advice and patience. Before the pandemic I was in the best shape of my life (I'm 63). I was running 2-3 days a week, doing barre workouts at a studio, and doing tough home workouts with kettlebells and weights. All of that ground to a halt when I got injured. It's 6 months now, and I am just barely out of the chair workouts although I can stand to do squats, I can ride the stationary bike, and I've been swimming and doing water aerobics. However, the doctor says I can never run again, never do high impact again, and never do barre again. I'm supposed to be getting physical therapy, but my therapist isn't really very helpful in terms of overall fitness. I'm just about giving up on ever getting back the level of fitness that I had which makes it hard to motivate myself to do the things I'm doing now. I'm sure there are people who have come back from worse. Does anyone have any advice or experience?
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
injuries, injury, limitations, restarting