Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-20, 02:56 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Day 9:
~Yin chest openers & hip openers, headstand
~Insight Timer: Season of Light Sound Bath Meditation - Thank you for mentioning this one Cyana.

Vantreesta & Beth - Sometimes life gets in the way!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-20, 08:50 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Day 9 - 12/29/2020:

Meditation: "Listening Through the Stethoscope" with Tias Little (Glo).

Pam - I've got to get cracking on some Bellyfit - especially the Daily Om series I purchased.

Vantreesta - ouch! Who can blame you for halting your sadhana and fitness program with that going on.

Anita - I just can't take a shine to Adrienne, either. Nothing against her, we just don't click.

Cyana, I've been contemplating the empty chairs in our family, too. {{{Hugs}}}

This year is almost over everyone - hang in there.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-20, 09:43 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, I don't particularly click with Adriene either. I can enjoy her practices once and awhile, but her commentary often rubs me the wrong way. I know most people love her though!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-20, 10:17 AM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

I'm getting a bit behind!
Day 8 - 28/12/20:
- DYWM - Melissa Krieger - A Healthy Spine
- Ekhart Yoga - Moving Meditation with David Kam. This short practice focuses on the lower body with a lot of balance work. Fun and not too challenging.
- Daisy Lee - Tibetan Healing Sounds

Day 9 - 29/12/20:
- DYWM - Breathe Better: The Side Body. I don't know what I did but after this practice I ended up with a lot of pain in my lower back for the rest of the day and I hardly ever get back pain. It's usually my hips that start complaining.
- Ekhart Yoga - Silver Lake, Lower Back Relief. This helped a lot.
- Beth's Lovingkindness Meditation for those who are hurting. A lovely meditation Beth, thank you.

Day 10 - 30/12/20:
- YoQi Yin Yoga for Happy Lungs
I'll be doing my daily meditation this evening.

Pat - Would you recommend Glo? It looks as though they have some really good instructors on their site. I'm looking for a site that isn't so heavily focused on Vinyasa practices. TIA

Waves to all!
Old 12-30-20, 10:21 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Pam, I don't particularly click with Adriene either. I can enjoy her practices once and awhile, but her commentary often rubs me the wrong way. I know most people love her though!
If she would just change her presentation...her workouts are good but the before and after speeches (I understand they are supposed to be meditation and inspirations but they feel more like preaching to me)...are annoying.
Old 12-30-20, 12:34 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Day 9; Dec 29
Morning / Active Practice
I strung together pieces of a few short classes.
  • MFML: Back to the Mat Challenge - #3 / Flow Towards Freedom: Bountiful Body. Lucy McCarthy. Short class. Nice simple easy flows.
  • MFML: Back to the Mat Challenge - #2 / Salutations To This Day, Kristen Campbell. This was way too slow & boring so I Joni-O’d it
  • MFML: The Strength Challenge - #8 / Learn Crow Pose, Adam Hocke - help you develop your bakasana (crow or crane pose) practice with three different training variations. This was very fun. I can’t do crow pose, and my arms and core are so weak, I won’t be able to do in the foreseeable future … but this class was a lot of fun doing drills to prepare you for crow.

Evening / Wind-down
For those of you who use MFML or DYWM - can you help me ID a class? I didn't write it down, and I can't find it. It's not showing on my recently played list on MFML & DYWM does not have that feature ... It was on one of those two sites. It was a short bedtime class. The instructor was a young lady, blonde, lovely voice. You did the practice next to your bed, so you could crawl in right after. The first part of the class was poses (very nice), then went into acupressure (which I did not do). I cannot find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
FirmDancer, did the yoga practice help you to sleep better?
Unfortunately, not that night.. I'm going through a phase of sleeping 9pm-12; being half-awake til 3am; then having vivid horrible nightmares til I wake (5-6am). But someone recommended a piece on the CALM app to use when I wake in the middle of the night. Luckily I woke up enough to remember to use it; it included several relaxation practices. I slept great after that; was disappointed I had an alarm set (for an early doctor appt).

Vantreesta - It’s okay. This Sadhana should enrich our lives, not make us feel bad if we miss a session.

Twigs - Yoga(Glo) was my first subscription. I loved it. But now I’m grandfathered into introductory prices with both MFML and DWYM, so I don’t want to lose them(yet). Keeping Glo was too much, considering at the time, I really wasn’t doing much yoga. Also, MFML and DYWM had “series” or “challenges” which helped me stay focused. At the time, Glo did not have that feature and I would be paralyzed with all their choices. Glo was also going thru a weird transition, and it didn't appeal to me. They do have excellent instructors though. I miss being able to take a Jason Crandall class. Pat will have more current info on Glo.

-Anita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-20, 12:40 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Day 8, 12/28: I did some independent yoga exercises.

Day 9, 12/29: I had a massage. It was so nice to zone out and helped with some muscle tension.

Mary and Pam, I'm new to Adrienne and have been checking out some of her clips. I agree about the meditation/presentation....I have found some good tips from her in the practice but the meditation is not an uplifting style for me.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-20, 01:07 PM  
Ilde

Day 10:
Jessica Smith and Guillermo Gomez - Cross Training for Fitness
Scott Cole - Discover Tai Chi for Fitness: Balance

Day 9:
LH Qigong for Longevity
Happy Yoga - Gentle Yoga Total Body in 15

Day 8:
Patricia Moreno - IntenSati Intention and Power
Tai Chi Fit Flow - first sequence
Ilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-20, 01:19 PM  
Margot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
Day 9; Dec 20

For those of you who use MFML or DYWM - can you help me ID a class? I didn't write it down, and I can't find it. It's not showing on my recently played list on MFML & DYWM does not have that feature ... It was on one of those two sites. It was a short bedtime class. The instructor was a young lady, blonde, lovely voice. You did the practice next to your bed, so you could crawl in right after. The first part of the class was poses (very nice), then went into acupressure (which I did not do). I cannot find it.

Twigs - Yoga(Glo) was my first subscription. I loved it. But now I’m grandfathered into introductory prices with both MFML and DWYM, so I don’t want to lose them(yet). Keeping Glo was too much, considering at the time, I really wasn’t doing much yoga. Also, MFML and DYWM had “series” or “challenges” which helped me stay focused. At the time, Glo did not have that feature and I would be paralyzed with all their choices. Glo was also going thru a weird transition, and it didn't appeal to me. They do have excellent instructors though. I miss being able to take a Jason Crandall class. Pat will have more current info on Glo.

-Anita
Anita - Thank you for your thoughts on Glo. I know how hard it is to walk away from a great discounted price! Call me a crazy woman, but I found my code and just re-subscribed to MFML! The only young blonde lady I can think of on MFML is Lisa Sanfilippo, who did a Sleep Recovery Series. Her first class is 15 minutes long and is supposed to prepare you for sleep or to get back into bed should you wake in the middle of the night. Just a thought.
Old 12-30-20, 01:35 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Today I was going to continue with the 7-Day Yoga Challenge but instead did one of the Yoga for Stress Release practices for indigestion. I've been feeling off, including regular early morning wakening and other symptoms, which is probably related to being menopausal.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
sadhana