Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-28-20, 10:33 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I just can't wrap my head around what has happened to our Sherry and her family. I am sending many prayers for her and her son. What a horrible shock.
Pat, I feel this way too. This is a horrible thing for any family to go through...and yet Sherry is such a sweet, generous soul that it seems even worse.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 11:10 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Quote:
I just can't wrap my head around what has happened to our Sherry and her family. I am sending many prayers for her and her son. What a horrible shock.
I feel the same way. I thought about Sherry all night long.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 11:22 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Yes, my heart goes out to our sweet Sherry & her son.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 12:40 PM  
YogaGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
I feel the same way. I thought about Sherry all night long.
Same. I saw the news right before going to bed and kept waking up during the night thinking of sweet Sherry and the horror she is living through. 😢
Old 12-28-20, 01:00 PM  
Margot

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Pat, I feel this way too. This is a horrible thing for any family to go through...and yet Sherry is such a sweet, generous soul that it seems even worse.
This is so true Beth. Life just doesn't make sense sometime. Sherry has been on my mind all day. I wish I were living closer, so I could offer more practical help. I do hope Sherry has some close friends or family nearby that can support her and her son during this terrible time.
Old 12-28-20, 07:34 PM  
cyana

I just logged into VF and saw the news about Sherry's husband. My heart hurts for our much-beloved Sherry and her son.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 08:01 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I've been thinking about Sherry all day long!! I am heartbroken for Sherry and her son.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-20, 10:31 AM  
Garrie A.

I've had a crazy December, which is why I've been off the check-in. It mostly had to do with another health scare for Mom. Most of you will recall that in January 2017, she had to be taken to the hospital because her oxygen levels were very low. She also had a bout of pneumonia that year, and was diagnosed with COPD. This year, the scare was similar, starting with low oxygen levels. Some of the symptoms she had reminded me of COVID (low fever, coughing, shortness of breath) Dad took her to the hospital one morning, and I kept calling every few hours to see what the issue was.

She was given two COVID tests, and they both came back negative. That was a bit of good news. Then they had to do an MRI and a CAT scan. The doctors feared that it would've been a blood clot in her lung. Once the results came in, they were positive--no blood clot in her lung. Another bit of good news. The flu test came back negative. They diagnosed her with a COPD flareup. She was able to come home two days later, but had to be on oxygen for a while. Lately she's been weaning herself off of it, mostly using it at night or if she feels as if she needs it.

Also, my bookstore manager has been doing fairly well. She's had a couple pain flareups but nothing particularly major.

(Splitting into multiple posts so I don't get the dreaded error )
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Joyce Vedral "Mix-It-Up" Rotation

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-20, 10:49 AM  
Garrie A.

While visiting SO on Sunday (inclement weather caused our Christmas visit to be postponed), I saw the news on Gen. Discussion about Sherry's husband and I'm absolutely devastated. She is such a kind soul, and a true VFer friend to many. I've thought about her every day since then.

On my front, I've been doing very well. I'm about to finish round 2 of STS this week, with just two more workouts to go (Squat Rack Legs today and Shoulders/Biceps/Triceps later in the week). My results have mostly been increased strength, although my mom has noticed that I've put on muscle. I don't think she's ever said that to me before, at least from my memory.

Next week will mark my active recovery week, and after that I don't know what I want to do. I binged on three Body by Simone DVDs and need to try them. Cathe's new Perfect Pump DVD has been calling my name. My Secret Santa gifted me a couple Tracie Long DVDs (Metabolic Strength 3/4 and Core Movements 3/4), and I still have more of her workouts to try (Metabolic Strength 1/2, both Signature Series, Grand Totals 2 and 3). I have a hankering to revisit some barre workouts I used to do a lot (Physique 57, Ballet Physique, Bar Method). Then I have my favorite strength workouts that I love and want to fit in as often as I can (older Firms, various Cathe and KCM). I'll eventually figure out something!

Right now I'm planning to do two of the Body by Simone DVDs during my active recovery week (Full Body on the Signature Classes DVD; Arms, Back & Core), and have the third scheduled for this week (Hips, Thighs & Buns). Then the week after that, I know I want to try Cathe's Perfect Pump. But that's what I'm thinking in the near term.

I'll chat more later. Waves to all!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Joyce Vedral "Mix-It-Up" Rotation

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-20, 03:42 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Garrie, good to hear your update; glad your mom is recovering! Sorry for all you have had to go through this past month.

Sending out my warmest wishes of goodwill to all (especially dear Sherry). I am hopeful about the new year but fearful that it will be some time yet before we escape the shadow of 2020.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote