Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-20, 02:22 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Rodney's Yoga for Energy and Stress Relief (Soothe and Stretch practice)

Pat, I think it's great that you and your DH go to the gym together.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 05:24 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Happy Holiday Week!

I think I have been pre- and post-Christmas MIA for a few days! Whether you celebrated the holiday or not, I hope you had a peaceful past few days. DH & I ordered Chinese food for Christmas Eve (which was actually a tradition in my family for awhile; we went to a movie, then out for Chinese). That wound up being an Odyssey because the place we ordered from (our 2nd choice, after the first place near the studio--the one that confirmed to me they'd be open Xmas eve--wasn't answering their phone) got really backed up, so we didn't eat until close to 10 pm! Oh well, we managed. Christmas Day we got a late start, had about a 90-minute Skype session with my family, and then had a quiet day, with a simple shrimp pasta dish for dinner ("Christmas Pasta" since it has red & green pepper) and a lot of old movie-watching.

Paine, glad you liked the little Christmas funny. Very cool that your SIL was able to see the astronomical event! We actually have a telescope but never take it out; maybe I can talk DH into it next summer.

Sherry, sounds like you are still enjoying Aprille's practices! I have a couple by her that I need to get to. Ugh, yes, having ads during meditation is definitely a disruption (of course, many meditation teachers would say it's all part of the practice ).

Margot, that's true about the TV commercials and masks! I've actually had dreams either where people are wearing masks or I'm thinking that people have forgotten to wear them!

cyana, I agree with Paine - what a sweet wish from Tias! At the end of the bonus yoga class I did today, I recited Lokah Samastah Sukino Bhavantu (may all beings everywhere be happy & free). Nice that you got your Leonid Xmas gift! DH & I watched some animal videos Christmas night - our favorite categories are "jerk cats" and "unlikely animal friendships" (I quite enjoy parrots talking to Alexa, too). I will definitely check out AdBlock!

Pam, sounds like a lovely Christmas lunch! I have been noticing more ads on YouTube practices this past week too; they kept interrupting the videos DH & I were watching, many of which were short. I hope my YT practices don't have ads; they shouldn't since I don't earn anything off them. I'll have to get to filming more practices!

Pat, I love your statement "I hope you all find job in your own way" - what a nice wish for Christmas and for any time! Love that you got to walk on the beach on Christmas eve. I don't recall ads on the Lee Holden videos I have tried recently. I think occasional bouts of zombie-ism are normal right now.

Garrie, hope you had a happy Christmas! Did you get to see your SO?

Carolyn, hope you had a nice dinner at home on Christmas.

Sandra, I am sure your niece loved the bike! Glad your little family was able to get together. Hoping that less bumpy roads lay ahead for all of us. I got some money for Xmas and have been thinking about how I want to to spend, too.

One of my favorite poems is Max Ehrmann's The Desiderata. Since I didn't post anything for Christmas, here is the end of that poem, which I read in yoga class today:
Quote:
Whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.
I'll post my week in the next post!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 05:35 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I thought I might do a solstice start for my sadhana this year, but then I missed Christmas Day. Since I did yoga yesterday & today, now I'm thinking it might be a Boxing Day start! Here was my week:

Monday
Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy (live/Zoom) - Solstice class with Sarah
30MTF Body Design - Weighted Kickboxing; Dumbbell Cardio Sculpting
30MTF Split Sessions - Shoulders & Legs premix
Yoga for Surfers Vol 1 - post-surf session

Tuesday
Essentrics Stretch in Motion - Shoulders, Upper Back, & Hamstrings
Yoga for Surfers Vol 1 - pre-surf session
TAUGHT yoga

Wednesday
Yoga with Tim (YT) - 10m Morning Mobility Routine
Heather Robertson (YT) - 10m Standing Abs; 12m At Home Arm Toning with Weights
Coach Kel (YT) - Barre for Weight Loss (1st half, about 18m)

Thursday
LEKFit - 15m Arms
Coach Kel (YT) - Barre for Weight Loss (2nd half)
Native American Gratitude Yoga Practice, Part 3 (from 12-19)

Friday
OFF - Christmas

Saturday
Kate Vantucci Yoga* (YT) - 7 Day Yoga Challenge, Day 1, Start Where You Are

Sunday
Kate Vantucci Yoga* (YT) - 7 Day Yoga Challenge, Day 2, Get Grounded

Kate is a local yoga teacher; I've been to her class a couple of times. She is fun and goofy, and she usually mostly teaches flow, but the 2 practices I tried were more stretchy longer holds. I especially loved today's practice! I think I'm going to focus on her shorter videos during my sadhana (and see if the 7 days don't get too vinyasa-y for me).

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 12-27-20, 06:32 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I just saw this on GD:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Her husband collapsed and died this morning. He wasn't feeling well but Sherry (sherry7899) is in shock.

Please let her know how much you love her!!!

(And yes, I have her permission to post.)
I am so sad & so sorry to read this, how devastating for Sherry and her son. I can’t imagine.... Sending you love, (((hugs))), and condolences.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 07:31 PM  
JustSandra

Sherry: So very sorry for your loss!

Yogapam: Thank you for letting us know.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 09:04 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I just read the news on GD too and was coming here to post. I am devastated for Sherry as well.

Sherry, I doubt that you will be here, but if you are, sending much love your way.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 12-27-20, 11:28 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Sweet Sherry: I send you my love. I am so very sorry! My heart goes out to you and your son.

Oh, that makes me sick! I am filled with sadness for Sherry and her son.

Pam, thank you for letting us know.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 01:19 AM  
YogaGal

Sherry, so sad to hear about your devastating loss. Sending loving hugs to you and keeping you and your son in my thoughts.
Old 12-28-20, 04:36 AM  
Margot

Oh Sherry, I am so very sorry; what a terrible shock. Sending you much love and heartfelt condolences. You and your son are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 12-28-20, 10:18 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

What devastating news

I just can't wrap my head around what has happened to our Sherry and her family. I am sending many prayers for her and her son. What a horrible shock.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote