Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-20, 08:44 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

It's not yet Hump Day (although it feels like it should be!), but I thought any Anderson Cooper fans might be amused by this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEmdmyCE_Ws

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-20, 09:02 AM  
sherry7899

Good morning!

This morning I did:

-an hour long NIA dance class
-Yoga Ranger hips/hamstrings

Linda, I am so sorry you SO cannot be there for Christmas. I am really glad you were able to hold Miss Meow

Pam, I did not know was a rare occurrence in Vancouver. I can see the roads being empty since people would not be used to driving in snow. Around here, too many people drive like there isn't any snow and speed and cut you off!
I am not setting foot in a grocery store until after Christmas!

Cyana, I have never done that type of meditation. It sounds interesting. I am going to look that up. Thank you !
I think Costco is going to be a zoo on Thursday. I have a friend who is a handbag vendor at different Costco stores, and she has said they have been insane.

Paine, back pain is so debilitating. I am so happy that you are feeling better.
Hurray on the license!

Beth, ugh on another menopause symptom! I am peri menopause and it is dragging on forever!

Sandra, "The Spark" is one of the few Margaret dvds I did not really enjoy.

Margot, thanks for the reminder about the NSD channel. I had posted about it ages ago, but only used it once!

Pat, I hope your time off starts soon.

We decided last week to put our Amazon seller account on vacation mode until after the beginning of January. The mail is absolutely horrible and the post office is crazy. We don't want a ton of complaints about slow shipping and have to do a ton of refunds for items that will eventually reach the customers. It's not worth the hassle right now.

Have a great day!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-20, 05:31 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Skipped out on a workout yet again yesterday. But I did do

Today's Workout: The second half (parts 3 and 4) of Margaret Richard's The Spark.

Paine and Sherry: The Spark is definitely Margaret Lite. Also, as I previously mentioned, I believe there were problems on the day of filming and they didn't complete all of their planned segments. For example, where are the missing warm-ups and cool-downs? Although I skip those anyway LOL. Also, in the "Outtakes" section, Margaret is doing an exercise that isn't in the finished product. In various segments it appears it was rainy, windy, and beset by bees. Although I let go of The Spark fairly quickly the first time I owned it, I now realize it is the last DVD with original footage that Margaret has released. For that reason I decided to reacquire it.

Margot: So sorry to hear about the lock-down. Here in California the hospitals are so overwhelmed right now we may be joining you. Luckily I learned from the spring lock-down to keep a full pantry! Am curious to hear where you might want to move.

Cyana: Yep, Santa got stuck in power lines a couple miles from where I live! Thank goodness no one got hurt.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-20, 09:17 PM  
cyana

A quick fly by today - waves to ALL.

Today:
MFML - Afternoon Yoga Boost - Rahkee Jasani

I needed an afternoon boost.....was having a nice quiet, productive day until the phone rang around 4:30, then emails started cascading in. I shut down the computer at 5 PM telling myself it will all be waiting for me tomorrow. I felt very Scarlett O'Hara - "Tomorrow is another day." LOL!!! I am so NOT a Scarlett!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-20, 09:22 AM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

Yesterday's workouts:
- ETV Alexa Live workout from Dec 10th. I'm happy to see they have kept some of the live workouts over the past few months to view again.
- Ekhart Yoga - All Butt Yoga with Esther. Mainly a standing practice with a lot of balance work. Only 20 minutes long but I could really feel my glutes working!
- Travis Eliot Yin Yoga 'Renew'. I do like these shorter practices.

Today so far:
- NSD Dance class (17 Dec)
- Callanetics - Adelaide's 35 minute workout

Sherry - I would have never found NSD if you hadn't posted about it, so a big thank you to you from me. Good luck for your shopping trip to Costco tomorrow. Hopefully, it won't be so crowded.

Sandra and Paine - I really hope California doesn't get as bad as it is here! I think they said on the News today that this new strain of virus is about 75% more contagious. It looks as though more parts of the UK will be going into Tier 4 after Christmas, which is the highest level of lockdown. At the moment, we're still in Tier 2. DH and I have been looking to move to the ocean, probably Cornwall in the southwest part of the country. However, yesterday we were saying that depending on how Brexit pans out, we may be re-thinking our plans and moving back to the US.

Cyana and Pam - In anticipation of the next few months, I've made some more Elderberry Liqueur and Elderberry Tincture, a couple of cough syrups and mixed some herbs for teas. I've also made a facial wash, shampoo & a hair conditioner, face serum and foot cream. I thought I'd have a go at some Micellar water in the next couple of days.

Beth - Winter is a great time to indulge in reading. I'm not really a TV watcher. I much prefer sitting down with a good book.

Take care everyone.
Old 12-23-20, 10:03 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi all - just 2 in my yoga class, but because it was my former co-worker and her (college age) daughter who are in the same household, they could touch each other, so I had them do partner poses. I was supposed to film another video for the studio's "on demand" today but the owner had to cancel due to family stuff.

cyana, sorry that reality caught up yesterday afternoon! I think your Scarlett O'Hara approach was very sensible.

Margot, hope you are hanging in there in the UK! I've always loved to read. DH & I do watch TV, but we don't have Netflix or any shows we follow. He loves to watch the news, and when we're together on weekends, we mainly watch old movies on TCM - or Hallmark Christmas movies this time of year.

Sandra, I am going to wind up with more workout days this year (I think mainly because I didn't have any vacation breaks), yet if I added up the minutes, I'm sure they would be much lower. Still, think of all the exercisers who relied on the gym and were lost when the pandemic started - we definitely have an advantage there!

Sherry, I see my GYN on Monday and am going to review all of the varied symptoms I have been having. RE the mail, I think you saw my FB posts that my 3 packages to family (all sent 2-day priority on 12/14) were delayed - although one is supposed to arrive today, yay!

I'm going to make cookies this afternoon. There's no one to share them with this year, but I plan to just make 2 kinds and freeze some for later.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-20, 12:10 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning mat mavens!

Yesterday’s offerings:
~playground time with our granddaughters
~BellyFit Shakti Warrior: Root Down
~Insight Timer: 15 minute Sound Bath Guided Meditation - This was lovely & relaxing!

We woke up to a power outage yesterday from a wind storm during the night, lasted about 10 hours. DH had to start our generator so we could have coffee and warm up the house. A big tree fell on power lines, could Santa have knocked it down with his sleigh??? We drove to meet DS1, DIL, & the girls for an outdoor visit. It was lovely to see them, but sad that we won’t be together on Christmas Day. Thankfully the weather cooperated, it was chilly but sunny & calm. The power was back on when we got home. Tomorrow we drive in the opposite direction to see DS2 & DIL.

We’ve been watching movies in the evening. We haven’t had mainstream cable tv for about 5 years now, so it’s Netflix or Prime. Monday we watched Groundhog Day & last night was Elf.

Margot - Love your lotions & potions! I’ve bought elderberry & mullein syrups from a local herbalist to have on standby. I think they’ve expired so I should order more. I’ve made fire cider, but not for quite a while, should do it again to have at the ready. I’ve heard about that new Covid strain, it is worrisome!

Cyana - Yep, if it’s not life threatening, it will keep for another day!

Sherry - The Pacific really moderates our temps so we don’t get much, if any, snow most winters. It’s only twice in the 15 years we’ve lived here that we’ve had a big dump of snow that stayed for a few weeks. The ski hills at higher elevations usually get lots, but down at sea level it translates to rain.

Beth - Saying goodbye to TTOM is the one upside to menopause, but it does bring some downsides too. I’ve not had a lot GI issues, sleep has been my biggest problem. And I’ve battled a bit of the dreaded meno-pooch too, but seem to have gotten that mostly under control.

Sandra & Paine - Sorry to hear your hospitals are getting overwhelmed!

Back later to post my day....
Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-20, 12:14 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
It's not yet Hump Day (although it feels like it should be!), but I thought any Anderson Cooper fans might be amused by this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEmdmyCE_Ws
I loved that! So Anderson had that cool and collected persona from an early age. Those hats! Would you believe I only recently found out Anderson is Gloria Vanderbilt's son?
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-20, 12:16 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

So on the workout front:

~ Margaret R. Raising the Bar (upper body only)
~ Sadhana Day 2, Yee's Yoga for Energy & Stress Release - Soothe & Stretch

I'll have to come back for some hellos in a bit ...
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-20, 01:44 PM  
cyana

A quick fly by....taking a quick break and wanted to post my nominee for Hero of the Day:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/22/a..._blogfooterold

Yes, I am consciously trying to look for the positive in each day.

I had massive insomnia last night, so I'm planning to work out later this afternoon.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote