Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-27-20, 09:58 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I would say that more often than not, I do like most of my purchases. Even if the work isn't as similar as I hoped, I have fun with new people and sets. I love revisiting favorites but much like my book collection, I make no apologies for trying new 'authors' or subjects. If I went to a different fitness class at the gym every week, most people wouldn't think twice. Dvds are typically much cheaper than comparable classes and they get more cost effective the more that you use them.
I totally agree. I have to say that I would worry if I liked every single workout I tried. I might think my workout love sensor was broken

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 11:54 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Amidst this lockdown, I'm finally working my way through dust bunnies and virgin DVDs (and some earmarked YouTube videos) and I'm still very busy and not revisiting stuff very often... which just means my DVD collection is big and broad enough as-is that I don't really need to buy anything else and I'm just supplementing a wee bit with YouTube. I love my DVD collection and how the cost per DVD amortizes with each premix I try
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 02:00 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

If you are looking for an older set that is somewhat common (e.g., P90X), look on ebay. They often have listings for sets that are not too expensive. However, if the DVDs are rare, look out. The prices are ridiculously high.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 09:46 AM  
fanofladyvols

In addition to inflated prices on eBay, it can be hard to tell whether you're purchasing bootlegs.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 06:23 PM  
TinaT

Wasting money was my middle name a few years back. I made the decision that I need to regain what worked and motivated me and stop chasing instructors and methods that didn't energize me to push "play".

Trading, selling, etc has always been fun and it's one reason I've been able to decide what appeals to me. At this point, I have nothing in my collection I won't use.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 10:36 AM  
lisarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Yes, a BODY BEAST 2 series is what I always hope for!! (And I don't necessarily wish to subscribe to BBOD and Hammer & Chisel never did cut it for me)! Com'on Sagi!! We're waiting (and waiting and waiting)..........
I really haven't been on here for a long while but just came on TODAY to search for "series like body beast" I already KNOW I won't find anything. I should start a thread instead saying "I've found my forever workout". Short story: can't find anything like it. But will probably keep trying

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bandwagon, favorite systems, favorite workouts, fomo, vf bandwagon