Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-20, 02:00 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I definitely have less time than usual. I am struggling to fit in workouts, or even a bit of foam rolling. I'm finding this week to be very difficult, and I kind of feel badly saying that because we're all healthy and have all we need, but I'm really struggling. I'm feeling very depressed and anxious.
I'm so sorry you're struggling, and please don't feel bad or guilty about saying so. It's an anxious time, and no need to apologize for how you feel. Sending you hugs!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 06:54 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Thank you for the encouragement! I've been trying to figure out why I feel as I do. I don't think I'm particularly concerned about any of us getting sick, but I'm realizing this situation is bringing to the surface some long-standing fears I have--especially fears that I am never doing enough for my children. Technology really exacerbates those fears. There are SO MANY RESOURCES ONLINE! I feel like everyday my kids' principal emails with another website or app they can use to learn online. I keep seeing all these great ideas that I simply don't have the bandwidth to try. Rationally, I know these are all part of a menu of options available, but I find it all very overwhelming.

It's also highlighting the differences in how my husband and I deal with a crisis. He is very much a thinker, not someone who panics or is inclined to be overly emotional. Often times I find that comforting, but this time he just seems detached to me and like he's not taking it all very seriously. Ironically, he has a degree in public health!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 12:27 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Thank you for the encouragement! I've been trying to figure out why I feel as I do. I don't think I'm particularly concerned about any of us getting sick, but I'm realizing this situation is bringing to the surface some long-standing fears I have--especially fears that I am never doing enough for my children. Technology really exacerbates those fears. There are SO MANY RESOURCES ONLINE! I feel like everyday my kids' principal emails with another website or app they can use to learn online. I keep seeing all these great ideas that I simply don't have the bandwidth to try. Rationally, I know these are all part of a menu of options available, but I find it all very overwhelming.

It's also highlighting the differences in how my husband and I deal with a crisis. He is very much a thinker, not someone who panics or is inclined to be overly emotional. Often times I find that comforting, but this time he just seems detached to me and like he's not taking it all very seriously. Ironically, he has a degree in public health!
As a former homeschooler, I know the feeling very well. You never think you are doing enough, and are usually too hard on yourself. Combined with the fact that you can't get your kids to do the work anyway!

My dd is now 19, and we didn't do half of what I wanted her to do. She is doing just fine, and going to college next fall (assuming they will be open). They learn so much more than you realize, especially if they are interested in the subject, and they learn a lot from real life. So, try not to be overwhelmed. Easier said than done, I know! They will be fine.
Old 03-25-20, 11:13 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
As a former homeschooler, I know the feeling very well. You never think you are doing enough, and are usually too hard on yourself. Combined with the fact that you can't get your kids to do the work anyway!

My dd is now 19, and we didn't do half of what I wanted her to do. She is doing just fine, and going to college next fall (assuming they will be open). They learn so much more than you realize, especially if they are interested in the subject, and they learn a lot from real life. So, try not to be overwhelmed. Easier said than done, I know! They will be fine.
Thank you, Sherry, that is comforting. I am feeling a little better about it all. We are just going to do random things until the school district rolls out something more comprehensive (which apparently they are going to do next week.) My DH has also started working from home so he can help out with the hard-for-me stuff--my DS1 takes after him as a math smartie, so he can handle all that stuff. I did my time in 7th grade math and I'm not going back!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 03:47 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Sending hugs to everyone!

All is well in my household. I am staying home with my boyfriend. We are healthy, and that is a blessing.

We decided on Saturday to do much needed yard work, clearing some weeds at the back of our fence that overlooks the golf course. We moved into this house a year ago, and the weeds have looked bad this entire year, both to us, and I'm sure to the golfers who see it every day. Guess what we managed to unearth? Poison Ivy! Urrgh! We are both covered in it. I am not a novice to yard work, and I THOUGHT I knew the poison ivy plant when seeing it, yet here we are. I sure don't want to go to the doctor, so lots of Calamine lotion for us.

I am back to doing my DVD workouts after 5 years at my HIIT class. They closed down last week. It's pretty interesting how tough these DVDs are, even having done a tough HIIT class sometimes twice a day for the last 5 years. Cathe, Ilaria, Bob, Jillian, Susan Harris... they all still ROCK!

Stay well everyone!
Old 03-25-20, 04:06 PM  
warriorprincess

I'm taking advantage of the free downloads from Bellyfit, and the free trial from Les Mills. I really like both of these.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 07:27 AM  
suzannaerin

Today no rain is expected so I will take a couple long walks, one with pooches, one without.

Our puppy loves water more than our two older Goldens. Yesterday, she went out after the rain stopped and came back in covered in mud, from nose to tail! She has a favorite mosh-pit in the backyard --- where my husband dug up an azalea a few weeks ago--- and she was practicing her digging skills there, make a little pond for herself. Into the shower she went---surprisingly endured the scrubbing with grace (I was worried she would freak out and break the shower door, which is glass).
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 12:41 PM  
Leonana

Fitness wise I'm doing Jessica Smith. I started with her Spring Challenge, but had to stop. I slightly tripped when my foot was caught under a ramp, and sprained my foot. It's a slight sprain, but I had to switch my workouts to ones that didn't have a lot of stepping.

Quote:
Thank you, Sherry, that is comforting. I am feeling a little better about it all. We are just going to do random things until the school district rolls out something more comprehensive (which apparently they are going to do next week.) My DH has also started working from home so he can help out with the hard-for-me stuff--my DS1 takes after him as a math smartie, so he can handle all that stuff. I did my time in 7th grade math and I'm not going back!
That's great that you will get the curriculum. Having something to follow makes it easier.

I'm the same, math was not my strong suit, lol. Unfortunately, my dd was the same. I did my best, but looking back, I should have outsourced. But they can catch up if they are motivated, she's going to take basic math at the community college. However, she tested into college English and Reading. She also does really well at her part time jobs, and catches on quickly. I guess every person has their strengths and weaknesses.
Old 03-26-20, 01:17 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
There are SO MANY RESOURCES ONLINE! I feel like everyday my kids' principal emails with another website or app they can use to learn online. I keep seeing all these great ideas that I simply don't have the bandwidth to try. Rationally, I know these are all part of a menu of options available, but I find it all very overwhelming.
Don't feel bad. We're all on the same boat. I purchased some workbooks on Science and Geography recently so my kids can do a page a day (or more) and it doesn't require them to be online/on the computer. The have a good math curriculum through school (Khan Academy) so I skipped the math workbooks.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19