Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-19, 04:48 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
I had good results with the complete 30 day evolution rotation. Streaming gave me a shelf butt, still working to reduce it.

upperswide how does Hamelin's fusion workouts compare to Pvolve?What makes it more effective? I tried some of his workouts and thought the production was terrible, hard to hear him etc.
I'm worried about butt shape with this as well. Some of his models have really flat butts, others have a nice shape. IDK what a shelf butt is. I've always had a good shape to my butt. I'm worried that P.Volve will change it for the worse. But I'm willing to try because I really need to lose some inches in my thighs and torso area, and I want sleek arms. I like the band with the gloves attached and I'm excited to get mine and try it. I have had so much trouble with upper body band work in the past - either you have to wrap the band around your hands and that's uncomfortable or you have to use the bands with handles, which are hard to get the tension just right sometimes.

PS. I must be crazy or something because I had just signed up for Modelfit the day before I bought all the P.Volve stuff. Modelfit is only $10/month so after my 2 months free of P.Volve I may just purchase a couple of the DVD's to keep on hand instead of maintaining an ongoing P.Volve subscription at $29.99/mo.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-19, 10:51 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
Have you tried Hameling newer Fusion? It is similar to Pvolve.. but way more effective and less boring in my opinion. Hamelin will let you purchase one class I am sure to get a feeling if it's for you. It also has a bit of cardio tone and Pvolve doesn't have that for me.

I didn't like Dance Body.. to hard to follow and high impact.. plus not enough reps on the toning for me. I loved the music, but that's it. I love LEKfit, but too many yoga like moves in the sculpt, I had to modify a lot as I hate yoga moves and it bothered my wrists. I loved the bounce and will go back again.. just needed a change.

I am mostly doing Hamelin Inch Loss, Fusion and Cardio tone... plus Melt and am having amazing results.
That’s awesome on your results. I tried Hdm and was bored out of my mind. I think it was the fusion class. What is inch loss about?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-19, 09:32 AM  
slockhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom;2820672PS.
I must be crazy or something because I had just signed up for Modelfit the day before I bought all the P.Volve stuff. Modelfit is only $10/month so after my 2 months free of P.Volve I may just purchase a couple of the DVD's to keep on hand instead of maintaining an ongoing P.Volve subscription at $29.99/mo.
How is ModelFIT? I definitely like the price!
Stacey
slockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-19, 07:58 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by slockhart View Post
How is ModelFIT? I definitely like the price!
Stacey
I think ModelFit is very, very similar to P.Volve. The P.Volve guy was recruited to work at ModelFit by Justin Gelband. Then they both went out on their own.

The main differences are the P-Ball and P-Bands, I think. I haven't done enough of either to really discern other style differences. ModelFit uses ankle weights, gliders, hand weights, ankle cuff resistance bands, and a Pilates ring.

I actually like Javi, the main ModelFit trainer, more than Stephen P. so far. It's going to be interesting to see which I end up liking better.

The main issue I have had with most of these streaming workouts is that there isn't enough plank work for me. I've been doing Leah Sarago and Suzanne Bowen for years so I love all the plank variations. For streaming, I've done Barre 3, LEKFit, DanceBody and now ModelFit and P.Volve, and I think they're all light on plank work. I may just have to add that on.
Old 05-03-19, 09:03 PM  
hotncmom

Update: I have completed Day 3 of the Beginner program. These workouts are quite unlike anything I've done. Since he's instructing a model, it feels like a personal training session rather than a class. So it's not exciting and stimulating in the way workout DVD's or other streaming services like DanceBody or even Suzanne Bowen are. He's very low key and methodical and the music is just background. He gives extensive form cues, but I'm not sure I "get" some of it because like I said, it's not similar to anything else. Almost every exercise is a full-body combination and there's a lot of balancing and twisting. If any of you have BBL, you may have heard how Bum Bum is a sneaky core workout because of all the balancing. Well, P.Volve has a lot of twisting balance moves and they're really slowed down so you can't use momentum. It's very hard in that way. There's also a lot of stretching and elongating incorporated throughout.

All in all, it's a nice change of pace and it feels like I'm getting a semi-private personal training session. Except I'm the one who has to keep checking my form. If you're just watching, it looks easy, but it's actually pretty hard.

Today's workout used ankle weights and hand weights - the first time with props. Tomorrow I get to use the P-Ball for the first time!
Old 05-03-19, 09:26 PM  
alisoncooks

Thanks for sharing! How does it feel on the knees? I tried a few of the YouTube freebies and the external rotation and knee positioning felt iffy (but I have iffy knees to begin with).
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-19, 08:56 AM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Thanks for sharing! How does it feel on the knees? I tried a few of the YouTube freebies and the external rotation and knee positioning felt iffy (but I have iffy knees to begin with).
I have a very creaky right knee. I didn’t have an issue with all the rotations he does, they are all very slow and controlled. I’d say if it doesn’t feel right don’t do it. But I personally did not have any issues.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-19, 01:27 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I haven't noticed any knee pain at all. I just try to be more conservative with my internal/external rotations in the step outs instead of pushing to the max because it does twist and stretch the muscles around the hips and knees.

But I have noticed some back pain. I'm hoping that this will go away after I get used to the method. He pretty much keeps your arms in the air for much of the entire workout - either shoulder height, raised above your head or elongated in front, and I think that's the issue. It's fatiguing. Definitely something I'm going to be careful about going forward. I do not need back problems.
Old 05-22-19, 08:46 PM  
hotncmom

Popping in with a quick update. I have completed most of the beginner P.volve workouts and moved on to the Summer Sprint workouts (this was a challenge that ended Sunday but I started late due to wanting to work through the beginner workouts first). The beginner workouts were kind of meh, but I am enjoying the Summer Sprint workouts.

I don't have any great results to report yet, but my diet has been not so great during this time. I may see tiny changes, but it might be wishful thinking. I will know it's really working when my dress pants feel loose. My ultimate goal is to get back into work pants that I can't button now.

These are not the most fun workouts, and they don't feel that hard, but I like the use of different types of equipment. That, and the fact that these exercises are different enough from what I've done for years, is keeping me interested for now. I purchased a special deal with the P-Ball where I get 2 months streaming, so I have about 5 weeks left. This is long enough for me to get through the Summer Sprint workouts and to try out the intermediate programs, and some of the other workouts in the library. Even if I'm not totally hooked, I can purchase a couple of the programs individually so I don't have to maintain a monthly membership.

I have also been sprinkling in some ModelFit here and there. ModelFit is similar to P.volve but has more Tracy Anderson influence. There is more floorwork, arm work with light weights, and unweighted arms in ModelFit. For that reason, I think I like ModelFit more and will probably keep the subscription going since it is $10/mo vs. $30/mo for P.volve. Right now I am doing as much P.volve as I can to take advantage of the free 2-month streaming deal.

The other factor is personality. Stephen P. instructs most of the P.volve workouts and I still find him kind of dry and boring. The P.volve Summer Sprint workouts do have other instructors and I think that's why I'm enjoying them more. When I finish this series, I am going to do the 6-Day Total Body program which has gotten fantastic reviews. Hopefully Stephen P. will grow on me. So far, though, I like Javi and Abby of ModelFit a lot more.

Tags
lekfit, momentum, p.volve, pvolve, similar to tracy anderson