Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-13, 08:58 PM  
bex

Hi ooty! [waves] Yes of course I remember you from our early CC check-ins.

Life got a bit too much for me for a while and I dropped out of VF, and then fell off the fitness wagon entirely for a few years. It was actualy hearing about Sean's untimely death that brought me back to VF. I felt the need to hear from other people who missed him too, so I came to VF and read all the threads.

Then, as long as I was here, I started reading other threads, realized I needed Classical Stretch, and so on....
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-13, 07:43 AM  
rriggs

I started back using them a few months ago and in the beginning it was very sad, I cried when I stretched a couple of times and when I listened to his Coach's Notes. I still use them, sometimes several times a week, they are the only cardio that does not bore me and truly keeps me motivated. I also believe he would want us to continue to use his workouts as positive inspiration and movtivation. Listening to his voice, really lifts me up and I try not to think of him now as gone, but that he lives on through his workouts. I love him!
Did 75 days of S90 in 2010
Meta Omni 90 day rotation completed 5/2012-
Omni Continuity 1.1 completed 10/2012-
Omni Continuity 1.2 completed 5/2013
Omni Cont. 1.3 completed 11/2013
rriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-13, 09:15 AM  
Blackadar

I never stopped using them. I'm sure Coach Sean wouldn't have wanted people to not exercise because they miss him.
Old 01-22-13, 10:20 AM  
fit44

^^^ I think you are misunderstanding....I didn't mean I was not working out. I was not using CC. I knew I would eventually, but I was not ready to.
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-13, 11:18 AM  
Blackadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit44 View Post
^^^ I think you are misunderstanding....I didn't mean I was not working out. I was not using CC. I knew I would eventually, but I was not ready to.
My post wasn't directed specifically at you, but perhaps I should have clarified my statement by saying "I'm sure Coach Sean wouldn't have wanted people to not exercise to them because they miss him."

If anything, the CC workouts are a tribute to the man that many of us greatly admired or adored due to his words of encouragement we heard coming in on our headphones. I believe he left a legacy - he left behind perhaps the very best of himself in the CC workouts. It would be a shame to put those aside out of grief (in essence, putting aside the best part of Coach Sean).

Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Old 01-22-13, 11:20 AM  
Blackadar

*duplicate*
Old 01-22-13, 12:36 PM  
fit44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
My post wasn't directed specifically at you, but perhaps I should have clarified my statement by saying "I'm sure Coach Sean wouldn't have wanted people to not exercise to them because they miss him."

If anything, the CC workouts are a tribute to the man that many of us greatly admired or adored due to his words of encouragement we heard coming in on our headphones. I believe he left a legacy - he left behind perhaps the very best of himself in the CC workouts. It would be a shame to put those aside out of grief (in essence, putting aside the best part of Coach Sean).

Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
I agree. I remember your post when Coach Sean died, and was so touched by it. I know you are right. I wanted to get past the sadness, I just couldn't. I knew I would, I just needed some time.
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-13, 05:36 PM  
Camille K
VF Supporter

It's interesting because I thought I'd have a big problem doing his workouts after I learned of his death. But I didn't. I think it's because I never met him in person, so when I hear his voice, he is still alive. Although, sometimes I do think about the fact that he has died. Like when he says "if you kicked butt in challenge 1, email me and tell me your settings." And I think to myself, "I wish I could, buddy!"
Old 01-22-13, 07:32 PM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille K View Post
Although, sometimes I do think about the fact that he has died. Like when he says "if you kicked butt in challenge 1, email me and tell me your settings." And I think to myself, "I wish I could, buddy!"
Yes. Sometimes I dedicate my workout to Coach Sean. Especially when a challenge is kicking my butt, I think to myself "this one's for you, Sean" and it gives me the energy and motivation to push myself a little more and keep going.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-13, 08:00 PM  
sweatie

Are these downloads or DVDs still available for purchase somewhere?
sweatie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio coach, coach sean, sean o'malley