Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-11-12, 07:09 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigithesheltie View Post
“In the south there's a difference between 'Naked' and 'Nekkid.' 'Naked' means you don't have any clothes on. Nekkid' means you don't have any clothes on ... and you're up to somethin!”

Lewis was so funny - I really miss his Southern humor.
LOL, this is EXACTLY the phrase that came to my mind when I saw the word "nekkid."
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-12, 08:23 PM  
borna

On FB it looks like she's decided on F.I.T. as the title and she's filming soon!
borna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-12, 10:14 PM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by borna View Post
On FB it looks like she's decided on F.I.T. as the title and she's filming soon!
Thank God! She came to her senses! I really like her and most of her workouts-I did not want her to go down the road of shocking-cheap titles!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-12, 01:43 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
this.
I like andrea metcalf, but i stay away from her naked fitness stuff. Lots to choose from out there.
in fact, i would think this whole "naked" bit is overused anyway so if i were an instructor, i would stay away based on that.
ita!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-12, 07:34 AM  
Blackadar

Can't buy it, I might get in trouble with the wife just on the name alone. I work out in the living room...I don't want to have to sleep out there too!
Old 10-17-12, 08:33 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
Can't buy it, I might get in trouble with the wife just on the name alone. I work out in the living room...I don't want to have to sleep out there too!
Hahaha!
I'm glad Tracey is apparently opting for the classier route. She's less likely to cringe looking back one day at her body of work without Look HOT Naked!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-12, 09:30 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
Your wife would also wonder if you were giving the Neighbors a peep show and collecting money from it") lol

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-12, 11:38 AM  
mspina

I guess it would depend on whether or not I knew anything about the instructor or the workout. While I *love* Cathe's Butts & Guts workout, I literally cringe whenever I pull it out from the bookshelf to do it. Can't stand the title, makes me crazy. But I bought it anyway because I knew what I'd be getting and I do indeed use it often for both the leg and ab workout - they are excellent. If I wasn't familiar with Cathe the title would have turned me off.

With this one - I know nothing about Tracy so based on title alone, I wouldn't even give it a second glance. I'd assume it was beginner fluff for the masses (which is fine if that is the market she is going after, but it's not me) and move on.

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-12, 11:54 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspina View Post
I guess it would depend on whether or not I knew anything about the instructor or the workout. While I *love* Cathe's Butts & Guts workout, I literally cringe whenever I pull it out from the bookshelf to do it. Can't stand the title, makes me crazy. But I bought it anyway because I knew what I'd be getting and I do indeed use it often for both the leg and ab workout - they are excellent. If I wasn't familiar with Cathe the title would have turned me off.
Yeah, that. The title is a turnoff, but I could get over it if I knew the workout were a good one.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-12, 12:11 PM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

The title is very unoriginal. There are a lot of "naked" buzz words in fitness and health books and media these days. It would make me think she's just capitalizing on a trend. I prefer titles that are either more original (which I admit is hard to do) or simply clearer descriptions of what the book/dvd includes. I may not be her target market, though. It could be that people who don't peruse the health and fitness media and book options all that much might see that title and find it appealing.

Tags
embarrassing workouts, hot, naked, self-conscious, tracey mallett, workout titles