Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-12, 07:07 AM  
isebelleg44

Does Anyone still do Peakfit?

Yesterday was a cardio day and I pulled Power Strike 5, that I had recently got in trade. I yanked it out of the dvd player after that first punching combination. Was not in the mood.

I noticed Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn on my DVD shelf I pulled it out. I have not done it probably 2 years, I had a blast. The music was decent, there were no burpees and the moves were doable. I had gotten rid of the original strength, because I didn't like it.

How are the other two Peak 10 workouts?

What about the system? I remember really wanting it, but they had so many issues with scratched dvds. Can one still order it?

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12, 07:43 AM  
Blackadar

Opinions vary.

I really liked Peak 10 Cardio and have done it many times (though not recently). It was probably one of my top 3 favorite cardio workouts - fun, challenging but not too "dancey" or feminine.

I heard rather mediocre reviews on the Peak 10 Strength and didn't particularly like the previews, so I never got that. Pretty much everyone said that it wasn't as good as the Cardio.

So I was excited when she came out with her boxed set and asked for it for Christmas. It was very disappointing and it had nothing to do with scratches. There were a lot of things that were downright annoying. The fitness bands were far too stiff (and I'm a strong guy), so I couldn't even do some of the exercises. Some of the weight exercises were downright frantic, which is dangerous. There was no cooldown in between some of the exercises - picking up heavy weights after max cardio with no break isn't generally a good thing. Some of the workouts had no warmup and went right into heavy lifting. I finally Joni-O'd the set.

Here's a thread that some of us expressed our disappointment in: http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...highlight=peak

Here's a slightly more positive thread: http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...highlight=peak

After that experience, I didn't care about buying the newer workouts.
Old 10-04-12, 07:47 AM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
Opinions vary.

I really liked Peak 10 Cardio and have done it many times (though not recently). It was probably one of my top 3 favorite cardio workouts - fun, challenging but not too "dancey" or feminine.

I heard rather mediocre reviews on the Peak 10 Strength and didn't particularly like the previews, so I never got that. Pretty much everyone said that it wasn't as good as the Cardio.

So I was excited when she came out with her boxed set and asked for it for Christmas. It was very disappointing and it had nothing to do with scratches. There were a lot of things that were downright annoying. The fitness bands were far too stiff (and I'm a strong guy), so I couldn't even do some of the exercises. Some of the weight exercises were downright frantic, which is dangerous. There was no cooldown in between some of the exercises - picking up heavy weights after max cardio with no break isn't generally a good thing. Some of the workouts had no warmup and went right into heavy lifting. I finally Joni-O'd the set.

Here's a thread that some of us expressed our disappointment in: http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...highlight=peak

Here's a slightly more positive thread: http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...highlight=peak

After that experience, I didn't care about buying the newer workouts.
That's too bad, because I really like Michelle and loved the kickboxing inspired moves in Peak 10 Cardio. Thanks for your feedback.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Old 10-04-12, 08:24 AM  
Blackadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
That's too bad, because I really like Michelle and loved the kickboxing inspired moves in Peak 10 Cardio. Thanks for your feedback.
As always, YMMV.
Old 10-04-12, 09:43 AM  
mrsyancy

well i really njoyed the set...most of them were tough, but doable.....and b/c it's a dvd, between the segments, if you are too tired you can just pause it to make sure ur ready for the next segment.....

as far as the warm up, she tells u that even the warm up is a workout....but all u have to do is start with really light weights and work your way up into the next segment...i know some people don't like that, but it didn't bother me at all.....i like michelle in these workouts....she very positive without being annoying or talking about unncessary fluff....anyway...i liked them and as blackadar said YMMV

ETA: i don't think is being sold as a set right now....i think michelle had issues with the people who helped make them or something like that(not sure), but i think she was trying to find a way to have them produced again to try and sell them again
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12, 09:53 AM  
marmact

On Facebook, Michele D said that her original Peak 10 set would be available again this month (she originally said 10/1 but I haven't seen an update so I'm assuming it's not available yet).

I adore her Cardio Interval workouts (the ones that are not part of Peak 10). I have one Peak 10 that I got in trade (Anytime/Anywhere) that seems pretty similar (I haven't done it, only watched some preview).

Can anyone describe exactly WHAT workouts are in the Peak 10 system? Is the cardio workout (Cardio Interval Burn) the same one you can buy separately?
Old 10-04-12, 10:03 AM  
isebelleg44

[QUOTE=marmact;2111837]I adore her Cardio Interval workouts (the ones that are not part of Peak 10). I have one Peak 10 that I got in trade (Anytime/Anywhere) that seems pretty similar (I haven't done it, only watched some preview). QUOTE]
Anytime/Anywhere is the only I have tried from that system and I really liked it. So you like her second Peak 10 Cardio workout? I'll have to check it out.

What does YMMV stand for?

Old 10-04-12, 10:51 AM  
marmact

YMMV = your mileage may vary

I'm not sure if the workouts I have are even part of the Peak 10 set (other than the one that is clearly marked as such). I have Cardio Interval Burn, which I LOVE and More Cardio Interval Burn, which I do not like as much, but I am hoping I was just having a MEH day that day. Those are both available in the usual places.

I'm still hoping someone will describe just what's in the Peak 10 set.
Old 10-04-12, 12:40 PM  
mrsyancy

the peak fit kit includes the:

into and fit test
pure strength 1
pure cardio
dynamic flexibility
cardio strength 1(the same as the one u can buy separately)
core dynamices
cardio interval burn(same as the one u can buy separately)
pure strength 2
cardio strength 2
anywhere, anytime, no excuse workout

their all roughly an hour, except for the core, dynamic, and anytime workouts(if i remember correctly)...HTH

let me know if u have any more questions and i will try my best to answer
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12, 04:35 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

I did an almost full rotation with this set 2 summers ago and I absolutely loved it. I was on summer break and had plenty of time and energy to do the workouts. At some point I'd like to do another rotation.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote