Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-12, 11:54 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post

I'm one of those who hasn't been able to do a Cardio Coach since his death. His voice is bound up for me in a lot of memories - I used them a lot while running outdoors in the coulees and sometimes when I'm on certain paths I still think of his voice as I ran up hills...

Well, the fact that I don't run anymore notwithstanding...I still find myself reluctant to use them for other things, like indoor cycling. Maybe someday. Not yet.
I haven't been able to use them either. Sometimes I think about it and then realize that I just can't. I don't think I ever will. I bought a dangling heart charm for my charm bracelet that symbolizes Sean and all of his positive messages for me.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-12, 12:50 PM  
andtckrtoo

I still use and love Cardio Coach. Every month we have a group of us on Facebook who do Cardio Coach Press Play. We've been doing this for a while, and usually dedicate a workout to someone who is ill or struggling. When Sean died, we did a special one in his honor. I think I cried the whole way through that one. Yesterday was the anniversary of Jim McLaren's death as well. Two amazing men.
Old 09-01-12, 12:54 PM  
Bebop

How sad. I just recently starting back with VF because I was in school.

Ooty - nice to see your post.

Every time I do a Cardio Coach (and an Anna Benson) workout, I will be reminded of how precious life is and to not take the people I love for granted.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-12, 07:59 AM  
Thenu

I was not able to do CC for couple of months after his death. Started using them slowly after that but I still skip Coach's notes.

I didn't get Vol 7 and 8 when they were available. Now I really want them but not sure how to get them. I think the links are not working in his website .
Thenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 08:39 AM  
Blackadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemybirds View Post
Sometimes! I still enjoy doing them. However, I always feel a little bit sad when I do them, because I can't help thinking about Coach Sean.
I know this was a while ago, but I still like my CCs. I know Coach Sean is gone, but I figure my use of his work is his legacy and when I'm doing those I want to make him proud. So while I can also get sad while working out to one of his, I can turn that into motivation to go even harder.
Old 10-03-12, 09:16 AM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenu View Post
I didn't get Vol 7 and 8 when they were available. Now I really want them but not sure how to get them. I think the links are not working in his website .
There's a new website. If you read the "About" page, they explain why the change happened:

http://www.hiitcoach.com/index.html

It has been a while since I've used mine, but I've decided they are what I need to get motivated right now. I don't have Vol. 7 & 8 because they were never released on CD and at the time I was still on dial-up.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 09:20 AM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
I know this was a while ago, but I still like my CCs. I know Coach Sean is gone, but I figure my use of his work is his legacy and when I'm doing those I want to make him proud. So while I can also get sad while working out to one of his, I can turn that into motivation to go even harder.
I think Sean would like that. What a beautiful way to honor his memory.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 12:00 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Sissy, thanks for the post with the new site. I've been looking for the workout charts to add to my folders.

I still do CC on the treadmill and think fondly of Sean every time I do. Though he is gone, his voice remains, inspiring me to do better.

It's so sad that his illness prevented him from hearing his own words of encouragement and hope and applying them to his life.
Old 10-03-12, 12:15 PM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
I still do CC on the treadmill and think fondly of Sean every time I do. Though he is gone, his voice remains, inspiring me to do better.
Same here, Sean got me running and I will always think of him fondly.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 02:25 PM  
fikustree

I'm so sad to read about Coach Sean's passing. I really loved his workouts, the only cardio I've ever really enjoyed. I
fikustree is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio coach, coach sean