Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-14-21, 05:48 PM  
donnamp

Out of curiosity, I signed up for Lazy Dancer Tips 28 Day Momentum Journey which is free -

I have always enjoyed watching her You Tube videos, but I'm not sure how well they work for beginners. Although she does have a chair ballet workout!

I will report back on the free program once I get a chance to look it over.

I admit to being a wanna be ballet dancer. I took a couple of lessons as a kid - but didn't stick with it. I think I was in Jr High or something and did it with a friend. I tried to get my DD into dance but she was more interested in horses - although there is vaulting!

Here's the link to the momentum program:

https://www.lazydancerstudio.com/momentum-calendar

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-21, 06:37 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

I love Lazy Dancer Tips! She has tons of great content on YouTube and posts a new video every Wednesday. Her streaming started off a few years ago at around $12. Now she charges $50 a month and has a live class she does ( I think monthly?) where she stays afterward and talks with everyone, plus other programs, including one for learning to dance on pointe. I don’t currently subscribe, but it is cheaper than taking live lessons at a dance studio.

You might also want to check out Kathryn Morgan on YouTube. She has lots of beginner workouts.

Both Alessia (LDT) and Kathryn have some super videos for improving your turnout, pirouettes, improving your point, splits, etc.

Sleek Technique has a lot of workouts on YouTube and on the Sweaty Betty Instagram account (and YouTube channel, I think). Victoria and Flik are so great and giving you actual ballet steps that are simplified enough to do and actually make you feel like a real dancer.

Mary Helen Bowers is awesome and I find her workouts so soothing (even though they are so hard) but technically, you aren’t really dancing. I will say that doing her workouts consistently would strengthen your ballet muscles which would transfer nicely to doing a more traditional class.

Warriorprincess - there is also something called Dance Masterclass that is a streaming service and looks excellent. I’m holding out in hopes of them having a Black Friday/Cyber Monday special.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-21, 06:11 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

To add an option:

https://www.youtube.com/c/BalletBasedMovement

has a 4 Week Ballet Experience for absolute beginners and those of us who are older for roughly $35. 5 year access - 16 progressive classes and 2 stretches.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-21, 06:40 AM  
donnamp

Carol - Great find!!!! That does look perfect - so many of the other channels, including Lazy Dancer are intimidating to me but this does look really good and accessible - for this over 50 wanna-be dancer!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-21, 02:36 PM  
warriorprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL View Post
Warriorprincess - there is also something called Dance Masterclass that is a streaming service and looks excellent. I’m holding out in hopes of them having a Black Friday/Cyber Monday special.
This looks amazing! Thanks!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-21, 04:11 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Amazon has Finis Jhung's Ballet Barre for the Absolute Beginner DVD and Beginner Ballet Barre DVD.
Old 10-15-21, 07:12 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softshoe View Post
Amazon has Finis Jhung's Ballet Barre for the Absolute Beginner DVD and Beginner Ballet Barre DVD.
Thank you - I ordered them both.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-21, 08:25 PM  
fatkat555

Also, this might interest you.

https://janicelennard.com/shop-janic...and-downloads/

I know you said no barre, but she is a former ballet dancer, older, so her ballet barre I would suspect would me more ballet at the barre. I just saw the download price was reduced to $7.67. I think I just enabled myself. I almost got these a while ago…

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-21, 08:14 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I have heard that the Finis Jhung DVDs are good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Looks like they've got videos on Youtube too:

https://www.youtube.com/c/FinisJhungballet/playlists
Quote:
Originally Posted by Softshoe View Post
I hadn't heard of the Finis Jhung DVDs...I added a few to my wish list, including the absolute beginner DVD

I did find a full class for beginners on the YouTube channel:

Absolute Beginner Ballet Barre 50 min - Full class taught by Finis Jhung
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet, ballet for beginners, ballet streaming, barre streaming, finis jhung