Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-21, 08:14 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus this morning - will try a new park! Yesterday I had a good walk with friends and saw four deer along our path! I'm still trying to get things inside for winter - the weather isn't so far that it's critical to get in NOW, but I'd rather take the time to clean up the pots and plants not to take in attached spiders and other bugs. I've got my huge Bird of Paradise plant that is now about nine feet tall with its container , and two water lilies from my pond that need to come in - all the other orchids and houseplants are already in. Adelija is still trying the buses to see what will get her to school - luckily the app she has shows true position of the buses, not the predicted schedule, so she can tell true lateness vs missed earlier bus - overall the schedule is hard to make fit the time to school's start. I'm glad she knows the way the buses work, but it's not as predictable in timing as she's used to in Latvia.

Laura, I'm seeing this week as a looooooong week also! I'm sorry you're having fridge difficulties now when new appliances have such long lines - I feel lucky to have a second kitchen if something busts. Enjoy your trip to Charlotte!

Paula, I'm grateful at Adelija's independence - frankly she's more into the transport availability than I am. She now has a iPad for school - I'll be taking a look at it and its abilities in case I'll need to get one in the future. Are you venting for house work air quality or venting due to troubles and putting out bad words $#%)!

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 05:47 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It has been a busy day of arranging stuff for tomorrow's grouting work - cleaning off the kitchen counters, clearing the master bathroom, etc. This evening, we need to put up plastic sheeting over the master closet and linen closet doors to try to protect that stuff. I have to be over at my training client's home at 9:30 tomorrow morning and I think the grout people are supposed to be here by 8:00, so we need to be ready when we go to bed tonight.

Paula - It's great you are getting to socialize again. That's really a nice feeling, I imagine.

Anita - It's good to get the winter work done before it actually hits so you can take your time some.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 07:47 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 16 - Recovery Stretch and a neighborhood walk iwth DH.

Just an FY, we're thinking about taking a flying trip next week so I may be gone for a while.

Anita, glad you have time to take in everything without feeling pressured. Is Laura in Charlotte now? Have you had an oppoutunity to play with Adelija's Ipad? DH and I love ours. His has cellular connection so he can get internet via mobile data even in the plane. Ipads are so convient. Hope you and Gus and Adeliga are enjoying the onset of Fall.

Laura, you're right to put up plastic to contain dust. Of course we were getting a master bath remodel so the dust lasted for days. Good luck is the best I can say. Oh and get ready for marathon dusting once the work is done.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-21, 07:54 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I got the plants in yesterday - Adelija helped me getting the hand cart over one step but otherwise i got everything in. Today I'll be taking her to school and then meeting with friends to play Carcassonne. I'm looking forward to a nice walk with my usual friends and going grocery shopping. Tonight there's a meeting at the school from 5-7.

Laura, i'm glad to get the indoor plants in - may be a bit early, but they'll do fine. I only have one outdoor plant pot with coleus, that I may move to the porch instead of next to my door. Feels so weird to only have one pot for outdoor plants this year - usually I have about 10 out there. Sounds like you're ready for the dusty work coming today! Roll towels under your doors to block the dust from your bedrooms.

Paula, Enjoy your flying trip! I haven't spent lots of time with her iPad, but will want to try it out a bit some evening.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 09-16-21, 06:05 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

This morning we finished getting ready and then I went to a training session with my local woman. I was over there for 3.5 hours, a marathon session. But we were setting up a computer and needed help from a tech helpline and had to sit and wait for them to answer the phone.

The grout work is done. It was actually not too bad with the dust. The company we went with was on the expensive side, but had equipment that helped to minimize the dust. We had some, but it wasn't as bad as we feared. And we covered a lot with plastic, including the doors into the closet and linen closet, so now we just need to wipe down surfaces that weren't covered and put things back where they belong. It's good to have it done. DH is crashing physically after all the extra work we had to do, so I'm glad this week is almost over.

Tomorrow is the refrigerator repair guy and I have an early appointment with my dermatologist for my yearly check-in.

Anita - How did the meeting at the school go? Was it weird going to a school meeting for the first time with a high schooler?

Paula - We were going to go to Charlotte at the end of the month, but the relatives we were going to see won't be available so now I'm looking at the shore, Wrightsville Beach/Wilmington. Where will you head next week?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-16-21, 08:27 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 17 - Cardio and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Anita, glad you were able to get the plants in. We won't leave on our trip until Monday. Hpe you enjoyed your game with friends.

Laura, yay the grout work was completed in one day! Today grout - tomorrow refridgerator repair. You're making progress. As for where we will travel, we are planning to explore the mountain west a bit. We plan to fly to Santa Fe, New Mexico on Monday. We have a reservation for that night. We will have a rental car and we plan to wing it from there. We plan to drive into Colorado and do some exploring. Glad the long tutoring job went well.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-21, 11:39 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I had no internet after a night of storms, so it's back now - yay! I got my animals taken care of at the WRC, got plants I trimmed next to my driveway off to the compost site, and am waiting to hear from the driveway guy and taking Gus for his walk. I got a message yesterday that my asphalt will get sealed this morning - obviously they aren't here yet, but hopefully soon. I've been waiting for the year to get this job done! I'll still go out and sweep off my driveway - lots of debris from the storm of twigs and leaves.

I did go to the open house at the school yesterday and met with Adelija's teachers. Nothing very formal other than an introduction. Adelija wants to try to change her schedule to take a higher math level beyond Algebra 2, but I don't know if her other classes will work with that change. Overall a good school group of teachers - glad its not as racist or gangish as what I was expecting. I liked the variety of teachers they have in there!

Laura, glad you had patience for that session today! I'm sorry DH seems to have a low tolerance for work and stress - hope he gets better weeks ahead. Good luck with the fridge repair guy! Hope it doesn't take ordering parts that will take weeks to get there. It was my first time being a "mom" in a school, but apparently the teachers were very comfortable with that concept and it happens quite often.

Paula, All went well yesterday, just very busy! Adding in the surprise driveway asphalt sealing meant trimming all the plants next to the driveway - now after the storm, I'll go out and sweep off the driveway as lots of leaves and sticks came down last night. Nice combination of flying and touring planned ahead!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 09-17-21, 05:22 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We both felt like we had been hit by a truck this morning. It has been a brutal week in terms of the pace. But, it's Friday, we got our refrigerator fixed this morning (the guy thought he knew what the problem would be and brought the part with him ), and we have rested today and are feeling better.

Anita - So did the driveway people show up? I hope it got done. It's good your internet came back so quickly. It would be good if Adelija could take a higher level math class.

Paula - I loved Santa Fe when we visited. It's a unique place. There is a lot to see in that region of the country. Have a great trip!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-18-21, 08:06 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I did finally get my driveway done! He arrived after dark about 7:30 and worked till about 8:30 pm - luckily I had some lights on my driveway. I also had swept up the driveway this afternoon, so it was lots simpler to cover for him - we had a lot of sticks and leaves down from the previous night's storms. I'm just glad it did get done now! I've got the mail stopped by Tuesday - he's the only one that would be expected to walk on my driveway (other than cats, squirrels, raccoons, etc.).

Adelija will be meeting with a school counselor Monday to see if she can switch out of Algebra 2 to a higher level - I hope her other classes will work.

Today we'll be going out for a nice walk with Gus - love the cooler weather today! She wants to go see a visiting circus at a mall - I'll check it out to see what times are available.

Laura, yay on getting a working fridge! So glad you didn't get delayed! The driveway person's scheduling abilities sucked, but glad he did show up.

Paula, enjoy Santa Fe!

Waves to all!

Anita