Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-21, 01:20 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margo, I still do Ballet Beautiful but haven't done it as often as I used to. Mary Helen Bowers has some tough workouts! Her pregnancy DVD was more gentle and I hope I kept that. I will have to see if I still have it.
I am growing old disgracefully too.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-21, 07:14 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s offerings, more shorties:
~Essentrics 25 min - Standing potion of a friends class I saved
~Go Strapless in 10 Days: Day 4
~BellyFit Shakti Warrior: Root to Rise
~PT exercises
~short neighbourhood walk
~MFML: Daily Hips Practice

Count me in as another growing old disgracefully, lol. It’s just one thing after another. But it’s better than the alternative….

Paine - My list of activities looks more impressive than it is, most are pretty short. Last week I bought some Ballet Beautiful downloads when they had a sale. It is three Bikini Blast digital DVDs. I though I’d like to try something different & I thought of you as I know you really like BB. I haven’t gotten to them yet.

Margot & Pat - The Strapless class today was another good one, all standing with hand weights. BUT she said we need a mat for tomorrow’s class so I fear there may be some planks involved.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-21, 08:00 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Margot, so glad you enjoy the twists! Was the Katy Bowman you did a subscription thing?

Today was a meh workout day; I started and didn't finish several different things. :/

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-21, 07:57 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ Jason Stephenson Pain Relief Guided Meditation
~ Margaret Richard Good For You segment 2 - tris, bis, hamstrings, glutes and quads
~ Jessica Richburg 20 Minute Full Body Yin Yoga
~ 5,000 steps for the day

The yin class was interesting. One feature was ankle stretch, where you sit on your heels and lean back so that your knees come up. It felt good on my Margaret-ized quads.

Beth, I'll try more of Lauren's Pilates workouts for sure, and I'm curious about her cardio with weights. I might splurge on those cute weighted bracelets** she was wearing if they're not expensive.

Pam - I love Root to Rise.

Margot - growing old disgracefully, LOL.

**Did anyone here who is growing old disgracefully have the puffy terry cloth wrist weights for aerobics classes? I can't find any images.

Have a great day everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-21, 08:48 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Is the Root to Rise from the Shakti Warrior Dance or another of Alice's offerings? I think my faves from SWD are Lesson 4, Power Up; Lesson 5, Open & Receive; Lesson 6, Express Your Truth ; and Lesson 8, Blossom Into You.

Pat, I thought Lauren's weighted bracelets were kind of cool too! Some people on the Pilates checkin suggested that her cardio might be too easy, but I haven't tried it.

Hopefully I'll get a better workout in tonight.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-09-21, 01:42 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

Today's workouts:
- Body Groove Freestyle Fun (15m)
- Lazy Dancer Ballet Cardio and Arms Exercises (YT) - (~ 10m each) - Thinking of Paine, I was feeling inspired to do some ballet-style arm work. I couldn't find anything on Mary Helen Bower's YT page, but came across this site instead. I quite enjoyed the cardio one. There were some balance moves in it too, which I need!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDOMx7_A7JU
- HealthBarre - Class for beginners
- MFML - Yoga for Stress Relief: Neck Release.

Pam - I look forward to hearing how you like your new Ballet Beautiful downloads. It's always fun to try something new.

Beth - Yes, I've subscribed to Katie's streaming for a month. I noticed that she had reduced her prices from $30 to $14 per month until the end of September, so thought I'd take advantage before the price goes back up again. I'd forgotten about those rhomboid push-ups. I've been doing them daily and I do think they're helping my upper back tightness.
Hope you have a better workout day today.

Pat - Me! I still have my terry cloth wrist weights! In fact, only a couple of weeks ago, I re-covered them as the little beads kept falling out. I do like those cute wrist weights though. I wonder where she bought them? I'm such a magpie for fitness props and accessories. I was even looking at those Indian clubs this morning from Garrie's thread. They look fun but are so expensive!

Waves to all.
Old 09-09-21, 01:53 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Margot, I've always liked Katy's rhomboid push-ups and keep meaning to add them into my yoga classes! Sounds like you got a good deal.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-09-21, 02:22 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I went for a neighborhood walk with my 2 year old grandson.

Pam, I have a few Ballet Beautiful digital downloads and what's nice about them is that once you buy them, they are yours to use whenever you want and you don't have to pay for an ongoing streaming service to use them. I hadn't heard of BB Bikini Blast digital downloads so I look forward to hearing your thoughts about them. I have her Blast Series DVD, her Sculpt & Burn Cardio Blast DVD and her Classic workout. I still have to look and see if I kept her pregnancy workouts.

Beth, I've had plenty of those "meh" workout days so I know how that feels.

Margot, I could use more balance work too.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-21, 07:28 PM  
YogaGal

Last Sunday DH and I did a 30-minute hot bike (4 miles) just after the blazing sun went down. We have lights for our bikes and a low traffic neighborhood, so it's safe as long as we're careful and don't go too fast. This week has been Jessica workouts followed by 10 minutes of yoga with Kassandra.

Beth: Yes, being back at work is a bit strange. So many things come right back to me as though I was only gone for the summer, but other things are either strange/different (wearing a mask) or hard to remember (passwords, certain procedures). And it doesn’t help that they hired 3 new adjuncts starting this semester -- new names to learn! Congrats on completing a long bike ride!

Pat: I’m glad you survived Ida. Like Paine, I had to google "zephyr squash"; it looks so pretty! I think I could benefit from some of the Unf**k Your Habitat methods. LOL at the Irish Yoga.

Margot: Sorry to hear about the scare with your DH earlier this year, but it’s good that he is back to normal and able to prevent anything like that in the future. “Looking forward to cooler weather” is the mantra in most of Arizona for September and October!

Pam: Listen to your PT and take it easy on the cardio for a while. Then hopefully you heal quickly and can return to your usual activities. At least you are still allowed to have some activity and movement.

cyana: Doing something every day sounds like a good workout plan. Even a short walk or just squeezing in some squats or tricep presses is good for the psyche. I think I’ll soon be getting the dreaded message about needing to change my work password. I am also more receptive to getting rid of many of my unused dvds. The longer I go without using them, the more sense it makes to get rid of them! Congrats on taking Labor Day off!

Paine: Great work getting in so many walks lately! Do you have The Vegan 8 cookbook? One of my recent staples is her Red Beans and Rice. Onions, Green Pepper, and Red Beans in a smoked paprika sauce over Rice. :P And I may be late to the party, but I just discovered Trader Joe’s Organic Green Vegetable Foursome in the frozen aisle. It’s great when I haven’t had time to cook my own green veggies, but need to add some to lunch or dinner.

Karen Jo: Dealing with approaching fires sounds so stressful! What a way to disrupt your life. Thankfully, they are under control now and you’ve been able to do some biking and yoga. Thanks for sharing your sympathy regarding Zippy. I’m doing a little better, but still miss him terribly.

Sandra: I’m impressed by your packing up 75% of your dvd collection! I think I’m ready to do some serious weeding when I have time to make informed decisions and not rush through and regret something later. I have a couch with a sleeper in it in my exercise room, but the sleeper has never been used. The couch is handy though for watching tv.

Gotta run for now. Waves to everyone I missed!
Old 09-09-21, 09:07 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s activities:
~Taught 30 min Essentrics class on zoom
~30 min recumbent bike
~PT exercises
~Robin Long: Full Body Pilates Ring W/O (YT) - I enjoyed this & have signed up for her next challenge
~Go Strapless in 10 Days: Day 5 - As I feared, planks & dolphin planks but no push ups….yet.
~My own yin practice…..forward bends, side bends, twists, hip openers + a little MELTing

Beth - Yes, Root to Rise is Shakti Warrior on the Daily Om site. I liked all of them and am enjoying revisiting them.

Pat - I like that ankle stretch!

Margot - Thanks for the link, it looks like a nice add on. I love balance work too & always include it in my classes.

Paine - I hope to get to the BBS over the weekend. Her streaming is very pricey so I’m happy to have access to these digitally. The price was right, 3 full hour workouts which can be done in segments, for $26.99.

Carolyn - I am doing my best to behave, lol, keeping my step counts <5000. Usually I’m two or three times that. And I’m still getting lots of workouts in.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote