Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-28-21, 10:29 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

My DH slept late so I didn't have access to my workout room (I exercise in our bedroom). Today is a rest day unless I get out for a walk later on.

Beth, nice kick in your video clip!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-21, 11:45 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Haha Paine thank you!

Here's the link to my new video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdb8r9LN_6o&t=2s

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-21, 12:36 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I did Beth's Lunch Break Yoga, an all standing practice. That was a nice one, Beth--thank you! I like that it was 15 minutes.
Old 09-28-21, 01:03 PM  
Margot

Hello all!

Today was:
- Body Groove Funk (15m) I was the funk meister in my teens.
- HealthBarre Laying Low
- ETV Amanda's Deep Muscle Release & Flexibility
- Beth's Lunch Break Yoga. Short and sweet. I liked the balance work in this one. I'm always a bit wobbly on my left foot at first but after a few passes felt a lot more solid. I agree with Paine, it's a great short practice and one I'll come back to time and time again. Thank you.

It was so nice to get my hair cut and highlighted today. My hair had grown so long it was getting a bit out of control! Luckily, I had enough petrol in the tank to get me there and back - just! Currently, there is a shortage of drivers to deliver fuel to the gas stations and of course the media whipped it all up, which caused everyone to panic and rush to fill up their tanks. Now, all the local gas stations near us have run out of fuel. I hope this resolves before we leave for vacation.

Sandra - Yes, Ellen's Serene Strength is on Ellen's streaming site. I do think her more recent classes are a lot more mellow these days. The Slo-Robics class looks interesting. Thanks for mentioning it. I enjoyed hearing about the Mime troupe and the wedding party. I always think they are amazingly talented but sometimes spook me out a bit.

Waves to all!
Old 09-28-21, 03:08 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine and Margot, so glad you liked the lunch break - I wish I had time to do it on my own lunch break today!

I was actually already thinking that I could try a "Lunch Break 2" in the future.

ETA to Margot:
DH was just telling me about the petrol/gas shortage in the UK; that is scary!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-21, 07:05 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick fly by for me….

Yesterday was a 30 min Essentrics class on ETV with Ellen Ochs & today was a rest day.
ETA I did do my PT exercises, lol, can’t forget those, lol.

Back to chat tomorrow.
Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-21, 07:23 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Am feeling kind of stiff and creaky today, so I chose to do the Prehab routine from Jessica Smith's original Walk Strong set. I also got in a short outdoor walk earlier.

Beth: Yes, my niece and grandniece are still living with my brother. He has a 2-bedroom place, so my niece and grandniece share the larger bedroom (we put in a twin-over-double bunk bed). We were thankful she had this place to go to (especially given all the challenges of the court custody battle plus Covid), but two years later I understand everyone is feeling a little cramped! My niece is really ready for her own space, so I hope something works out.

Margot: The San Francisco Mime Troupe doesn't do pantomime, but instead performs political satire in the form of original musical comedies. They perform for free in parks and have been around since 1959! Here's their website if you are interested: www.sfmt.org.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-21, 09:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday featured:

~ YWK 15 Minute Morning Yin - Wake Up & Stretch, plus morning affirmations
~ 20 minute lunch walk
~ GYM for 15 treadmill, chest presses, leg presses, seated rows, peck dec, deltoid pullbacks and lat pulldowns
~ 8,125 steps

Sandra, I hope you limber up as the day goes on. Your family is so good about taking care of one another.

Margot, I also read about your fuel shortage. Yikes! I hope it gets worked out. It's ridiculous that we have to be the puppets at the ends of these strings. Stores here are beginning to impose limitations (toilet paper, oh my) because of the delivery systems are all impacted.

Beth, I didn't get to your lunch yoga yesterday but it's on tap for today, as soon as my boss goes into a conference!

Good morning Paine, Pam, and anyone who stops by! Have a Pumpkin Spice day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-21, 09:45 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Good For You (Segment 3 & 4: all upper body work plus Quads and Calves)

Margot, how nice that you were able to treat yourself to a haircut and highlight. I haven't gone to a salon since we first went into lockdown (March 2020). I've been trimming my hair myself since then and haven't colored it. So far I don't look like too much of a hag with my gray hair coming in so I have no plans to get it colored. I've saved a lot of money by not going to the hair salon every 2 months!
I hope you are able to get some petrol soon.

Pat, I like your avatar!
Old 09-29-21, 01:50 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

I decided to search through my DVDs today for something different. All were 20 minutes long:
- Carol Argo Energise and Dance. Thanks Karen Jo for mentioning Carol. I'd forgotten how much I liked this workout. It had some balance work in it, which I always need.
- Jessica Smith Total Body Balance: Cardio Dance Sculpt
- The Firm Power Sculpt with Allie delRio Pointer
- Lee Holden - Qigong for Energy and Vitality. Stunning scenery. I think it was shot in Yosemite park.

Sandra - Thank you for sharing the link to the SFO Mime Troupe. I listened to some of their YouTube videos this morning. Very interesting and a lot different to what I had imagined. We get political satire comedies over here too. The most well-known ones I've seen are on TV. I'm keeping my fingers crossed your niece finds her dream home soon.

Pat - Oh no! Not toilet paper again! I remember the panic buying here the last time. I heard of one enterprising pub owner who put a sign outside his premises, saying 'Beer shortage soon. Panic buy here! ' Love your seasonal avatar. I feel a need to bake a pumpkin pie.

Paine - I'm sure you look lovely. Me, on the other hand... well, I only needed a cauldron and a broomstick to complete my wild shaggy look! You're so brave cutting your own hair. I had a go at cutting my bangs, which gave my hairdresser a laugh!

Waves to everyone popping in today. Hope it's a good one.