Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-21, 11:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Happy Saturday! Yesterday featured:

~ Margaret Richard Good For You segment 4
~ Beach walk
~ Kassandra Yin for Sleep
~ 5,300 steps

Sorry for not catching up - my wrist and finger joints are killing me today.

Have a good one everybody!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-21, 02:12 PM  
Margot

It's the weekend!

Yesterday DH and I spent the day in Bath. We took a nice long walk along the river, then passed through a couple of parks, had lunch and afterwards found time to do a bit of shopping. I didn't buy anything exciting, just some socks! They had a food festival going on, so it was pretty crowded.

Today was:
- Body Groove Freestyle Confident Woman
- Pilates with Mira - Intermediate Full Body Flow. I modified a couple of moves. It was ok but wouldn't do it again.
- Walk up to a neighbouring hamlet and back down through the valley.
- Ekhart Yoga Sweet Heart Opening Practice

Paine - Thanks for the link to Hamelin's Armatics Taster. It was short enough for me to fit in before I left yesterday morning. I really liked the music and my arms felt nicely worked afterwards.

Beth - Thanks for sharing your friend's video. I had a quick view; it looks like a nice practice.

Pat - So sorry you are having problems with your hands and wrists. Sending you healing thoughts.

Pam - I've been enjoying the live classes with the new instructors on ETV over the past year. I'm hoping we may see you and Jackie teaching on there some day.

Sandra - I'm glad it all turned out well for you in the end with your daybed. It's too bad though that you had to go through all that effort and expense to get there.

Waves to all. Hope you're all having a great weekend so far.
Old 09-25-21, 02:35 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is a planned rest day from formal exercise. I did my normal marketing this morning (went to 3 markets) followed by food prep for the week and 2 loads of laundry.

Pat, that 500 error is a PITA. I usually write my post in "notepad" and then copy/paste it.

Sandra, I'm glad you are happy with your twin bed frame.

Beth, thank you for the yoga link!

Margot, I also love the music used in Armatic Taster.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-21, 09:13 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Got in 7,000 steps cleaning & organizing for company tomorrow.
~The Balanced Life Refresh & Reset Challenge: Day 5 - I enjoyed this challenge but I’m not inclined to join her sisterhood at this point.
~PT exercises
~MELT: hips, pelvis, thighs
~yin supported fish pose & upper back acupressure (aka dowagers hump prevention)

Paine - Your rest days always sound very busy! Did you get your JSPs today?

Margot - Your day in Bath sounds lovely!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-21, 09:40 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pam, the JSPs didn't look good at Whole Foods so I found some at Trader Joe's. Trader Joes sells 3 pound bags of "Murisaki" sweet potatoes, which are smaller JSPs. I bought 6 bags, HA! I will bake them tomorrow.
Old 09-26-21, 08:48 AM  
cyana

Good Morning - weak wave from the weary Desk Warrior. I finally took a day off yesterday, as DS and DIL came to visit and it was the first time I'd seen them since the holidays. Unfortunately, I worked 30 hours last week-end alone and will be logging on to work today. I'd hoped to not have to work this week-end, but alas, that is not my reality.

I haven't been able to keep up with the ETV challenge, as some days DH is still in bed when I get up, but I'm trying to get the live work-outs in before they drop off the site and tell myself I can gradually work in the other practices as time permits. I'm taking a short walk before work, doing a short qi gong practice on my own and doing some squats or resistance band work during the work day.

A couple of days ago, I noticed it was significantly cooler when I went out for my early AM walk (which can be before the sun comes up). The sky was beautifully clear and it felt like fall - hooray!

KarenJo - I'm with you on the work-out strategy. Right now, I try to live by "do something - anything" every day. I realized I can literally go days without stepping outside during my busy season, which I consider to be massively unhealthy. During the week, I've told myself I have to go out and walk before I can go to my desk to start working. It's just a short one, but at least I've accomplished one thing and hopefully I can work in several fitness breaks throughout the day. Who knew you were the Turkey Herding Goddess? Those critters can be cantankerous!

Pat - Congratulations on the arrival of little Seamus. How do you like the Kassandra app so far? I clicked on a YT video (not hers) last week and there was an ad buried inside the video, so ad blocker didn't catch that one and it startled the beejeebers out of me, as the volume was massively louder. I was so annoyed I immediately shut down YT. I'm envious of your sunrise beach walk - I love sunrise and sunset at the beach.

Sandra - Boo hiss on your day bed frame, but at least you found a suitable alternative. I purchased some bar stools from IKEA some years back and they've never felt as sturdy as I would've preferred. DH has tried to tweak them several times, without a great degree of success. Fortunately they don't get much use.

Beth - Thanks for posting a new video. I'm planning to take a work-out break this afternoon and will try to do it then. Also, thanks for the link to Melissa's video. Bummer that you and DH didn't find any treasures at the book sale.

Margot - Did you get your apples processed? I'd be interesting in hearing when Yamuna has sales, even though I don't use my existing DVD's often due to the legnth. I second having Jackie and Pam teach on ETV. I love hearing about the places you and DH visit and go for walks.

Paine - I had no clue there were 2,500 varieties of apples. Your grandson and I would be good apple eating buddies as I also like Granny Smith's. I recently bought some from one of my local farmers and they were so good. They're not quite as tart as the ones you tend to find in the stores - they had a really nice tart-sweet balance with that great crunch. I have JSP's and some regular sweet potatoes in the oven right now and they smell great.

Pam - You'll have to let me know if you particularly enjoy any of the live classes on ETV so I can try to work them in before they drop off the site. I've enjoyed "meeting" some new instructors over the past few months. I saw you did supported fish pose - regular fish pose always makes me feel queasy, so I don't tend to do the modified version even though I should probably give that a try.

I must stop procrastinating and get to work. Waves to ALL. Hope Garrie, Carolyn and Linda are well.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-21, 12:20 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Strong for Life (Upper Body strength work plus calves & Inner Thighs)
Mirabai Holland Moving Free Longevity Solution Flexibility Level 1 (all)

PAT! Thank you for telling me about Mirabai's Moving Free Longevity Solution Flexibility Level 1! I did it today and loved it. When you told me you loved it, I put it in my wish list at Amazon. So one day I saw that the price had dropped to $6.99 and I bought it and I'm so glad I did because it felt great this morning!

Cyana, yikes about working 30 hours last weekend! I don't know how you do it.
Old 09-26-21, 02:29 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, funny that I previously had that DVD that Pat recommended to you! Looking back on my review, I liked it but didn't find it as intense as I prefer for stretching. Once your bake your JSPs, do you just eat them like that all week, or do you use them in other recipes?

cyana, glad to see you pop in. I hope you get your weekends back at some point! It sounds like you are still managing to get in your walks and time with family. My next video is going to be a shorter all-standing one, something like "lunch break" or "coffee break" (feel free to weigh in with names, haha), so maybe that one would be easier for you to fit in.

Pam I wound up doing Day 5 in the Robin Long challenge just by accident since it showed up on my YT recommendations. I do like her routines and appreciate that she has a number of shorter Pilates workouts available (I think you & I agree about liking our Pilates as short add-ons).

Margot, Bath sounds beautiful! I've read a number of novels set in the UK and would love to visit places like Bath & Cornwall.

Pat, aww, hope you are feeling better by now! Is that an arthritis flare up?

Sandra, sounds like the bed issue was a saga, but seems like you found a good resolution.

DH and watched Field of Dreams last night. Oddly, I'd never seen it (weird b/c I am a baseball fan and loved Bull Durham back in the 80s), and he had seen it in some time. I thought it was somewhat flawed but still very endearing.

Hello to everyone else! Be back in a moment with my week...and will hit CTRL-C to copy this post before I submit to avoid an error.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-21, 02:39 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

MONDAY
some Bosu with new DVD
Daniel PT Fitness (YT) - Full Body Kettlebell at Home (@20m)
Bosu Long & Lean with Chalene, segment #1

TUESDAY
Adam Fields DC (YT) - EAsy Hip Opener Stretches
Bosu Long & Lean, segment #3; Absolutely Abs, segment #2 & c/d
TAUGHT yoga at studio

WEDNESDAY
70 KB swings
IntenSati - Lower Body
Get Ripped & Jacked - Shoulders, Abs
Heart Alchemy with Michelle Goldstein (YT) - Yin Yoga (@22m)

THURSDAY
in office: Yoga with Olga (YT) - Stretches for Golfers
Bellyfit on Facebook - 9/21 class, Root Chakra (standing only)
Jessica Valant Pilates (YT) - Back Pain Relief
Yoga Ranger (YT) - Glutes Strengthen & Stretch

FRIDAY
TAUGHT yoga on campus
Adam Fields DC (YT) - No Equipment Arms Workout for Strong & Sculpted Shoulders
Tracy Campoli (YT) - Perfect Arms Workout
Balanced Life Pilates with Robin Long (YT) - Refresh & Reset Challenge, Day 5
Ellen Saltonstall (YT) - Daily Floor Stretches

SATURDAY
Yoga with Melissa Marie Silva (YT) - 15m Morning Yoga
Human 2.0 (YT) - 30m Full Body Kettlebell, Swing EMOM

SUNDAY
100 KB swings
Caroline Girvan (YT) - 15m Standing Abs, Core & Arms with Dumbbells
Akira Yoga (YT) - Yin Yoga for Shoulder Pain with Myofascial Release (about 28m)

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-21, 03:08 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, you had another nice week of workouts!
I liked all of the stretches done in Mirabai's DVD. It was gentle and yet I could make it more intense by stretching to my maximum range.
After my JSPs are all baked, I store them on an open tray or plate in the refrigerator and that way they don't get soggy/gooey. During the week, I just heat one up in the microwave when I want one. My grandsons like them too, especially the 2 year old. I will often have one for lunch or dinner.
My DH and I saw Field of Dreams a long time ago and we liked it. We both met Kevin Costner at a dinner event tons of years ago.