Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-23-21, 08:34 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured a Triple Goddess workout:

~ Shakti Warrior 3 - Free Flow, Allowing and Letting Go
~ Yoqi Qigong for Autumn
~ Kassandra Yin Yoga for Low Back & Posture
~ 4,500 steps for the day

I caved in and signed up for Kassandra's app. I was in such a perfect, zen, stress-free and pain-free state after last night's routine, lying in savasana, when a blasting Beach Body ad came on. She's helping me get to a better place right now so it's worth it for $13 and change.

Paine, that Mimi routine sounds very nice.

Pam, thanks for that tip - I'll try to hook up with Alice this weekend.

Beth, I might have to get an office diffuser! I texted my gua sha goddess with my favorite aromas and can't wait to see what she concocts. Apple and pumpkin pie are on there along with chai tea.

Margot - Yumana sounds so interesting. What a great series of workouts for you - jealous of your walk!

Waves to anyone who visits today.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 10:13 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Hamelin D'abell Method - Armatics taster
Beth's REAP YOUR HARVEST | Benefits of Yoga--thank you Beth!

Pat, I'm glad to hear Kassandra is helping you.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 02:22 PM  
Twigs

Hello all!

- HealthBarre - Evening Glow. A floor routine with a mix of Somatics and Callanetics. I needed to get to the grocery store early and I just wanted something gentle to get myself going.
- A short walk around the neighbourhood.
- Ekhart Yoga - Fun with Pilates on the foam roller. This was quite challenging in parts.
- Beth's Reap Your Harvest

Pam - I'll let you know if I hear of any Yamuna flash sales. I find it hard to set aside an hour for more therapeutic work but when I do take the time I always feel better afterwards.

Beth - Thank you. I really needed your practice this evening. I'm always rushing around doing 10 things at once and I didn't realise how wound up I was until I sat on my mat! It's a good reminder that I need to stop a few times a day and take some breathers! I liked the quote from Bernie Clark. I bought his book 'From the Gita to the Trail' and still haven't got all the way through yet.

Pat - Enjoy your new app. For peace of mind, I think you did the right thing subscribing. Those ads really spoil the mood.

Paine - Hamelin's Armatics sounds like a tough workout. I think I had one of his programs years ago.

Waves to all stopping by today.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 02:46 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margot, Hamelin's Armatics Taster is actually fairly easy. It is only 12 minutes long and he doesn't use any hand weights but when I do it, I use 3 lb, 2 lb and 1 lb dumbbells to make it more challenging. It is free on YouTube if you want to try it, at this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn6E...melinD%27abell
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 05:49 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics, one hour in person class
~PT exercises
~The Balanced Life Refresh & Reset Challenge: Day 3
~short stretch & lower body MELT on my own

Pat - Enjoy your new yoga sub!

Margot - Yes I always feel better after yoga or other therapeutic work, even if it’s something short.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 07:56 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine & Margot, glad you liked the practice! I have ideas for another one, a short all-standing practice that I might call "express lunch" or something like (for lunch break).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 08:35 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: The Lower Body section of Margaret Richard's Getting Better.

I didn't work out Tuesday or Wednesday, as I was playing with my daybed again. Decided to junk the junky put-together daybed frame -- I could see it wasn't holding together very well at all. Instead I got a simple metal twin bed frame. It took all of 20 minutes to put together, from unboxing it to redressing the bed. No tools needed, nor instructions! Should have done this in the first place and saved myself a lot of $$ and aggravation.

Karen Jo: Thanks for sharing your thoughts on fitness and how it best fits into our lives. I like how you have your activities broken up through the day. Looks like a couple more pretty warm days for us, but cooler temperatures are forecast for next week -- hope that means fall is arriving!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-21, 01:32 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Friday! Here's what I was up to yesterday:

~Kassandra 10 Minute Morning Stretch for Beginners plus 5 Minute Morning Affirmation - Positive Thoughts
~ 25 minute lunch walk
~ Amy Stubbs, Quick and Effective Core Work Pilates (YWK)
~ Kassandra 10 Minute Evening Full Body Yoga Stretch
~ 6,000 steps

The YWK morning stretch is on YT and it's very nice. It's in room of white birch paneling that I want to go live in.

So far I'm enjoying the YWK app. The phone has more functionality than the laptop when it comes to things like the calendar and journal option, but it's very easy to search and select. Much more organized that wading through YT. Some links I clicked - such as Help - had an error message and no content. You can contact them and have it addressed.

A nice surprise is that there are other instructors in the exclusive content - barre, Pilates, meditation and other yogis. The Kassandra practice I did last night had no music, though. I hope it's not a YT licensing thing.

I will catch up on the weekend, I spent way too much time at VF struggling with error messages today.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-21, 06:56 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello mat mavens!

Today’s workouts:
~Cardio: BellyFit Open & Receive + Body Groove 15 min
~PT exercises
~Essentrics ETV: 30 min with Jenny Bertrand - I need some inspiration for my classes so started up my sub again.
~The Balanced Life Refresh & Reset Challenge: Day 4 - This was a lovely stretch with a little toning here & there.
~Supported fish pose & anti tech neck acupressure on my own

Pat - Ugh, I hate that 500 error! I copied this post to my clipboard before I posted it just in case.

Sandra - Sometimes simple is best, glad you’re happy with the bed set up. We’re you able to get a refund on the day bed?

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-21, 11:30 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi friends - popping in to share this yoga video I did this morning:
https://youtu.be/mMqZhR3LaaY

The YouTube channel is owned by Melissa, a sweet young teacher who teaches at the studio where I work - for awhile, she was doing a kids yoga class just before mine, and I always saw happy children leaving as I was coming in! The practice above is slow and sweet with just a bit of slow flow at the end.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote