Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-12-21, 07:16 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers- Week of September 12

Hi everyone. My workout yesterday was Cardio Fusion. This workout includes cardio segments from Body Max, Drill Max and Low Impact Circuit. It was a very fun and very sweaty workout, mostly on the step. I have to admit that Cathe's older cardio workouts are tougher than now--or maybe it's because they were a lot longer!

Karjoy - My wrist is doing pretty well. I haven't been putting any strain on it and using no heavier than 15 pounds or my weights. I will try to keep the weights light for at least the rest of the month and see how it goes.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-21, 09:45 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: 6 mile run this am. For the first time in forever I think I truly got too hot. I did not start till about 0950. I know better. I was going to try for 7 but knew it was time to quit. Came home and drank the usual fluids and added some V8 juice which really helped.

Jbliff glad your wrist is slowly getting better and that you can lift up to 15#.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-21, 05:59 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Travel Fit + a segment from Total Body Stretching.

Karjoy - I can imagine how hot it gets at 10 a.m. Great job running 6 miles in that heat!

We're in for a scorcher today--upper 90s!

Waves to all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-21, 05:24 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Step Sync Bonus step premix and Perfect 30 Back, Biceps & Shoulders.

Thanks for the Happy Birthday wishes! My birthday dinner at my parents was great. My mom is the best! Now I have to get back to some serious paying attention to what I’m eating. I’ve gained a few pounds the last few months.

Vannie - I couldn’t get your picture of your village to show up. If you want to, you can email it to me.

JBliff - Cardio Fusion has some fun sections on it!

Karen - I can’t imagine running in that heat!

Waves Gibbee!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-21, 09:25 AM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I really did not want to do the workouts I had planned so I compromised with half fun, half planned. I did Misty Tripoli's Bootylicious off Delicious Dance for the first time, which was fun. Then I did 5 rounds of a desk jockey WOD from March. My pull up bar is down right now so I can get in and out of the Halloween closet so for the hanging knee raises I just held myself up on TheRack like it was a dip station and did them that way. It hit the abs the same but lacked the hang benefit. Then I did another virgin, WWE Stephanie McMahon Fit Series -Lower Body+Stretch. I know I hadn't done the lower body section, but since I had done the upper body it's possible I did the stretch too. I couldn't find the index card for it in my quick search so I can't say for sure right now. The workout was 2 rounds of the following exercises: goblet squats, reverse lunges, deadlifts, quadruped straight leg raises (with your chest on your thigh, which was kind of weird) and donkey kick circles. First round was 8 reps, second was 12. Not a bad workout but my biggest gripe is that she leads you through a couple minutes of warmup and THEN demos the exercises. Drove me crazy to have to just stop when she should have demoed before the warmup!

Cheryl, yeah, I didn't realize VF Roost is closed to the public. I might post them on TF forum since several people wanted to see.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-21, 11:07 AM  
Cher

Vannie - I’m on VF Roost but didn’t see the picture there???
Old 09-14-21, 11:51 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Vannie - I’m on VF Roost but didn’t see the picture there???
On the Tapatalk forum, not Facebook.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 09-14-21, 12:03 PM  
Vantreesta

https://totalfitnessdvdsforum.com/vi...p=27321#p27321

Does this link work? I know I can see the TF forum when I'm not logged in so this should work, I think.

Old 09-14-21, 06:41 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I ran 6 miles this am but started a lot earlier and thankfully felt much better. Yesterday I went to Burn and we did total body strength. That was tough but good. They are using kettlebells a lot more. They use a lot of compound moves which gets your heart rate up.

I find myself a little depressed with Covid and am thankful to exercise.

Jbliff do you like Travel Fit or Body Weight and bands better? I think I like TF as it seems to give you a bit more cardio overall. Isn’t the upper 90s pretty high temps
For you guys? Whew. Do you have a whole range of band strengths?

Vannie that seems a good plan. Do half planned and half something that’s fun. I like workouts where there’s there are 2 sets of exercises and not 3. Three sets so often feels like overkill, especially if there are a lot of reps.

Gibbee and I got the news today that the Cathe Trip in October will be canceled and switched to virtual because of the pandemic. I kinda figured that would happen, and I feel relieved. How bout you Gibbee?

Cher what kind of birthday cake does your Mom make for you? Yummy I am sure.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 05:34 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was XTrain Legs Standing and half the floor work.

Vannie - Yes that one worked. Wow, how cool! You have a lot of Halloween stuff.

Karen & Gibbee - I saw Cathe’s announcement for the virtual Halloween Roadtrip and wondered if her regular road trip then was canceled. Sort of a bummer if you already plane tickets purchased.

Karen - I told my mom not to make me a cake because she was making so much other stuff already for my birthday meal. I told her she could just get a Sanders Bumpy Cake (I think this is maybe a Michigan thing???) because I love it and never buy it since I try not to eat that stuff on a regular basis plus it’s a bit pricey. (She was happy not to have to make something else ).

https://cake.sanderscandy.com/produc...dge-bumpy-cake