Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-20-21, 06:33 PM  
rhbrand

Well, where are the reviews LOL

So, some of you have had Cathe's new set for a day or two, and I have to wait until Monday

So where are those reviews people??? I'm ready to hear about them.
Old 08-20-21, 08:20 PM  
Dontmindthemess

I did the total body bands DVD this morning. The loops are great, nice quality and they’re labeled by strength. Cathe and crew wear weight gloves and I did too. The workout was just so so for me. It has a very long warm up, then different chapters for body parts, a very short core section, and a pretty nice stretch. I really love Cathe but as a whole the workout didn’t feel inspired or challenging, I didn’t even break a sweat. The bicep section was tough and I liked doing the push-ups using the band. It just felt way too easy and a little gimmicky. I might have been a little cranky but it really irritated me how Jen kept yucking it up and acting like it was the hardest thing she’s ever done. I think Jai was trying to ignore her. I know it’s a band workout but it was like Cathe felt compelled to use the band for everything, it just didn’t feel fresh and new to me. I was looking for something different but it felt like the usual Cathe exercises just using the band instead of weights. Hopefully the loop workout delivers.

Jane

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-21, 08:50 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

It must be like workouts that use other props. The Firm tall box workouts unnecessarily use the box for everything. Cathe uses the fit tower and the stability ball in those workouts for everything. It's like they have to show spending the money on the gimmick was worth it by using it for everything.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-21, 09:05 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Thanks for the review, Jane. Cathe's workouts are usually too advanced for me nowadays, but this one sounds like it may be just the right intensity for me. I received my order today and plan to do this workout tomorrow.
Old 08-20-21, 09:12 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
It must be like workouts that use other props. The Firm tall box workouts unnecessarily use the box for everything. Cathe uses the fit tower and the stability ball in those workouts for everything. It's like they have to show spending the money on the gimmick was worth it by using it for everything.
I feel this way about Cathe’s fit tower workouts too. But I still like the workouts. Agree about trying to show that it was worth it to buy the equipment by using it for everything. I haven’t done the new workouts yet but I’m excited to try them. Actually if they’re on the more moderate side I wouldn’t be mad at that.
Old 08-21-21, 07:14 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

Quote:
I re-visited Karen Voight's Sleek Essentials (Strength and Sleek Effect) this week and feel the same way about the roller. I did most of the workout without using it at all. This wouldn't work with Cathe's new offering though since the bands provide resistance.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-21, 11:19 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

There's one review on this site:

https://www.fitnessmystyle.com/post/...6-cbdde603f7c1
Old 08-21-21, 12:42 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
So, some of you have had Cathe's new set for a day or two, and I have to wait until Monday

So where are those reviews people??? I'm ready to hear about them.
Hi, Good Afternoon:

what is the name of the new set please?

I'd like to see a video clip.

I like when videos use the bands, balls and steps because I have them all and when you get a ball it may not come with exercises, same with bands or they are a low quality band and then you have 6 of them of which you can't find one.

I did buy a set of the Booty bands for my squats so I sure do want exercises using them instead of trying to make up my own.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-21, 12:56 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Here is a link to a clip of Cathe's new Boss Bands Total Body workout:
https://youtu.be/WVYi3MUb2kA

Here is a link to a clip of Cathe's new Boss Loops Glutes & Core workout:
https://youtu.be/MU1OxWfG3po
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-21, 01:08 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
I agree with this comment..
when she did KBs you had to get those.
When she did the tower, you needed that
When she works with the Stability ball, you need that
When she works with weights, you need a set, not just one
When she does the step, then she had the High step
I tihnk She's going to use every thing that comes out and make it a program.
Except the Gazelle lol

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boss bands, boss bands glutes core, boss bands total body, boss loops glutes core, cathe, cathe downloads, cathe equipment, cathe live, cathe premix, cathe premixes