Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-21, 03:12 PM  
ChelePA

Cataddict...the cycling DVD arrived today. Thank you so much! Very thoughtful :heart. My bike was also delivered. Hoping to assemble it within the next few days.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-21, 04:32 PM  
ChelePA

Just discovered this vintage Cathe step workout on YouTube. Look at that set! So totally 80s!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Y3jRqknmc

Copied from the general discussion board. We should make this one our fun Friday workout. What a blast from the past!
Old 03-16-21, 05:27 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh, wow, a new series would be nice (and so not needed right now, but I'll preorder anything Cathe!). Especially if they came WITH bands, right? And yes, Kim, I too hope Cathe stays with producing DVDs.

ChelePA, that dated vid is hilarious and probably a lot of fun! Congrats on the bike, and let us know how it is once you get it put together!!

Bee, can you come declutter my house next? Thanks!!

Today was Katami I am Hero 1....oh, my, goodness, that was NOT easy! I was drenched! I'm finally learning I need to do my own warm-up prior to his warm-up and of course my own stretching at the end, which I've already been doing all along. Otherwise, things just hurt!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-21, 06:38 PM  
Mickey12

ChelePA so exciting that your spin bike arrived. I hope it's not a bear to assemble. Whenever I get something new like that I'm so excited for it to come and then when I realize it needs assembling my joy just wilts.

Kittybug I'm following you. Tonight I did Ingrid Romero's weighted legs and plyo. I didn't even try to do the plyo moves while holding weights. It was tough! The curtsy and side lunge combinations really get my heart rate up, even more than the plyo skaters did. Crazy. I liked that her background exercisers in this workout looked more like real people and not fitness competition competitors.

My virgin pile is growing by leaps and bounds thanks to Kate. I now have Katami 4x4 and about a gazillion Turbo Kicks workouts to do. It was like Christmas opening the box today. Thank you so much!!

Bee congrats on the decluttering. I laughed at your comment about how all the stuff didn't appear overnight and you can't expect to get rid of it overnight either. So true. I remember thinking that our basement seemed so empty for so many years. Then all of a sudden I looked at it and said to myself, "how did we get so much crap down here?" We are planning on renting a dumpster in the spring to get rid of a lot of accumulated stuff.

I have to say thank you to all you guys. It's been a while since I mentioned it, but I'm so grateful for you fierce Watulans. Such motivation, support, inspiration and FUN!!!

Off to watch my first episode of the Lincoln special, thanks Horusosiris!
Old 03-16-21, 07:07 PM  
manleym

Whew! Lots to catch up on!! Will be back later but wanted to do a quick check in.

Metabolic Monday was Cathe Live #308 Metabolic Med Ball Blast. It was perfect for yesterday because I had a work meeting that went later than usual. I used a weight for some of the moves instead of the med ball and it worked out just fine.

Today for triple Tuesday I did 45min. Power Yoga "Taking Flight" with Travis Eliot on YouTube, which IREALLY liked! Happy for those who are getting a subscription to ID.

Then I did Growingannanas 30 Min Leg Day Booty Burn - Lower Body Hiit Workout, With Mini Band Option (Hiit It Harder Day 16) and Caroline Kettlebell Leg Workout - Kick-ass Kettlebell Series | Day 1. Both were GREAT workouts but I think some of liking them so much is doing them together. Anna's got my lower body warmed up with some toning using the band, then Caroline's workout burned them out with kettlebells. I'm looking forward to Caroline's KB workouts and will play with those for awhile.

Sorry for the quick post - tight on time so I'll be back later. But I'm reading your posts and cheering you on! YAY YOU!!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-21, 07:42 PM  
ChelePA

Manleym...I was going to do Caroline after Anna today but my legs were tired. Not enough sleep so I opted for an easier rebounding workout afterwards. Hoping to try it sometime this week.
Old 03-16-21, 09:42 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans!

Yesterday I did Kat's Advanced Step (stepless) #2. Good fun! Today I got back to 4 x 4 and did Athlete #1 again. I liked it even better this time around. I'm doing it mostly advanced but some modifications of the cardio--not a lot since there wasn't a ton of jumping. I followed it with half of Kat's Advance workout #4. There was one interruption for ads, but it wasn't as annoying as it was in the Express workout #1 that I did.

Chele, glad the DVD arrived along with your bike! I'm sure you can't wait to try it out. Oh, and I have that Cathe workout on VHS! It was the first one I did on my Chronological Cathe Tour.

bee, I envy your decluttering project! I do it in fits and starts, but it's an overwhelming task!

FN1, I'll get to Hero 1 eventually, assuming I can keep myself uninjured.

Kim, you have a treasure trove of workouts to try! Have fun! And yes, I'm still grateful for this group! And our 4 year old and 14 year old cats both get a wild hair every once in awhile and act crazy like your Finley, so he may not grow out of it.

I'm intrigued by the Cathe fabric band and more workouts with the bands. I guess we will all find out eventually.

Gotta go! Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-21, 11:32 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey girls!!! I love reading about your workouts!!!! Sounds like many of us are getting their shots. I don't know about in other states, but MN is getting more and more openings. If you have trouble, call any local pharmacy and see if they have an overflow list for people who didn't show up for their appointments.

cat: I'm interested in Cathe's new bands too. I love fitness toys!!

manley: have you done any of Keith Weber's kettlebell workouts? Some of the toughest I've done but man is he easy on the eyes!!!!

Kim: when I was little, my Mom said I always wanted people to make sure and play the "share game". She said I was always giving things away, even then. Happy to share!
I can't say no to subscribing to Inner Dimension if you really like Travis. I did for a while but I already have 3 Yoga streaming sites so I cancelled that one. Good deal!

ChelePA: I started watching part of that old workout. OMG her hair! But it did look fun. LOL
I have always liked Cedie, plus she counts! But I also watch Brenda a lot and Jai. Otherwise I just focus on Cathe.

kittybug: I never seem to have enough time in the day and after supper I just unplug. But we're getting things done, yes?

bee: I'm not a huge fan of band work but when I do one, it burns!! Especially if you can get a tight enough band. I have several that I like to rotate through depending on the move.

This week still more MetaShred and Cathe.
Monday: MetaShred Extreme MetaCardio Upper. Not really cardio, more metabolic because of slightly faster rep speed and lighter weights plus lots of band work. Yow bands can burn!!!
Missed my Mon yoga but still meditating EVERY day!

Tues: Cathe LITE Revd up Rumble Mix 7. That was kind of fun!! This mix includes the full workout, the cardio blast, core and extended stretch. I used my 3lb gloves for all the main workout and took off for the rest. The cardio boost/blast/whatever she calls it was higher impact and lots of fun.
Yoga was PowerYoga.com Bryan's Tension Buster. Ahhh.

Today was MetaShred Extreme MetaCardio Lower +Massage. First time I did the MetaMassage. Uses this funny little ball/peanut and it felt good. Can't believe I've never done it. In fact I just always skipped all the MetaREcovery workouts.
Again, not really cardio but increased HR anyway due to leg work and pace. Lots of unweighted stuff, then weighted, then back to bodyweight. Butt burner!

Yoga pending...haven't decided what to do yet. With 3 subscriptions, YouTube and numerous DVDs and downloads, it takes me a while to pick something. Maybe something on Udaya today?

Stay well and don't you dare quit being fierce!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-21, 11:55 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All! My husband and I are trying to get vaccines..... I may have told you we sell eggs (I think I did) -- mostly just to cover our costs, we don't actually make money from it but we do sell a lot of eggs (with 60-70 chickens). One of our customers has a winery and he got it as food/agriculture, so he told us we should too. So we're trying. No appointments available. I think I need to get up at midnight and start trying. There is a website I registered with that texts when there is extra in your area that would otherwise be thrown away. It's hirdb.com, I believe is the url. It's worth a shot, so to speak!!

Oh I am definitely in on the vintage Cathe workout for Fun Friday! What a great find! Did you see it has weights at the end? Looks fun. She looks sooooo young! Wow.

On the decluttering, if you guys need motivation, what got me going was a random video that popped up in my youtube feed from the minimal mom (that's her channel). And then I found A Slob Comes Clean podcast from that channel, so I listen to the podcast while decluttering. kittybug, I hate to tell you this, but if you wait for me to be done decluttering my place so that I can then do yours, I will be dead first. I really do think this is going to be a lifelong project for me!! Ug.

Kim, I want to try that plyo legs -- yowza! And manleym, I don't know how you do Triple Tuesday, but mostly I don't know how you do the yoga first! I save that for last if I double up.

I have those fabric bands -- got them on amazon when someone here was wondering what to do about the snapping band problem. It is true, they do not seem like they will snap, but.... they are a little awkward to use for some things. Not much give at all. I may have mentioned I tried to use them for Edge Booty 2 Glute workout and it just didn't work at all -- I had to find a regular band. So, it'll be interesting to see what Cathe comes up with -- I have a hard time imagining a whole workout done with those, but who knows?!

Kate, that is so sweet that you had a "share game" as a kid -- what a dream kid you must have been!!

Oh, my workout..... today I decided to revisit Cathe again.... I did the lower and upper combo of Perfect Pump. What a perfect workout! Seriously, that's a good one. I was able to do her one legged pushups this time -- thank you, Caroline!!

Happy Hump Day and waves to all......
Old 03-17-21, 12:32 PM  
Mickey12

Cataddict how is your leg? It seems like you're back to regular workouts, so it's good? I hope? Don't overdo it, please.

Kate what a cute story about your share game. Such a fun memory of your mom and of your childhood. Do you recall your inclination to always share stuff or just your mom telling you that?

Manley what's going on with your school? In our area the kids are getting back to the classrooms after being strictly virtual (well, some are, other schools are doing a hybrid thing) I forget what your school has been doing.

Bee good luck with the vaccine chasing. I hope you can get appointments soon. I'm trying to be patient. There doesn't seem to much availability in Pennsylvania now but technically I'm too young and without any qualifying health condition.

I think I might do the Cathe Step in Motion for Fun Friday or maybe just another Cathe step workout. For some reason I have Athletic Step in my mind and might do that one.

I'll be back later with my workout. I'm at work now.

Tags
watulan check-in