Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-01-21, 05:51 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey Nathalie, do you know a Quebec folk band called Le Vent du Nord? My sister and I saw them sort of by accident pre-pandemic. It was one of the last trips (maybe the last) trip I took before the pandemic. We had such a fun night -- makes me smile to think of it right now. At any rate, I randomly got an email today that they are playing some upcoming shows. Not that you are probably ready to rush out and get to a concert, but they are playing in Châteauguay on September 12. Thought it would be fun to find out if you've ever heard of them.
Old 09-01-21, 05:52 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Sorry, I didn't notice Linda had posted -- so glad to hear you're ok. Hope it stays that way! All fine here......
Old 09-01-21, 06:10 PM  
Mickey12

Hey Watulans! I’m happy to hear that Linda is ok. We are supposed to get lots of rain overnight from Ida. We will probably get some water in the cellar but that’s all.

I’m in week two of physical therapy and I am starting to feel better. I am very relieved. I am still basically doing very little walking and standing but at least the pain is mostly gone. I hope therapy continues to help and I can get back to normal soon.

I can’t believe it’s September already. Crazy.
Old 09-02-21, 12:58 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi again!! Well do far so good with Day 1 of chemo. Justin says so far he feels just fine. They sent him home with a 48 hour drip pump but he gets that taken off tomorrow. SOOOO involved and no messing around from the nurses or doctors. Very pleasant although we were there for nearly 6 hours this first time. Going forward it will be more like 4 with less patient education.

kittybug: sounds like you just worked your muscles in a very different way with that barre workout. Ow! But good job. I'll have to check out that Intensity Mix!!
Lauren is ok but I do prefer Travis too.

cataddict: I've only done the new Band workouts once each so far but I like how different they seem. Cool that she's using them on Live too!!

horusosiris: I must admit that I like Sagi's corny jokes and machismo. But his workouts are good!! I personally like big muscly guys like that.

bee: I HATE missing workouts and used to really stress about it, but now it's ok. I do NOT miss my meditation time though! That's mental health! My garden is doing poorly as we had the hottest summer on record this year along with extreme drought. Next year!

Vintage VFer: HELLOOOO

Linda: Whew...glad you're ok! Still dry up here but supposed to rain today. I hope.

This week.
Monday: Chisel Balance + ISO Strength. I do like these! With the right weights, definitely challenging.
Yoga: Udaya Rudy Mettia - Triplets. Nice moderate practice.

Tues: Cathe's Ripped with HiiT Low Impact HiiT (both). I wish there was a better mix with both the workouts but easy enough to just play them both. Fun cardio though!
More Udaya Yoga Calvin Corzine - Opening Hips. Ahhhh. Slow Hatha stretches.

Nothing yesterday.

Today I did new-to-me Doves Bodies Total Body #2! I might have had one of her AGES ago but don't remember. This one was totally non stop metabolic and it looked like they all used pretty light weights. I started with 10s but had to drop for some of the shoulder work. TONS of reps..I think 30 each set? Some cardio type moves, stretches and did work the total body pretty well. It wasn't killer but the floor work BURNED! Maybe a wee bit shoulder and leg heavy but I liked it.

Time for a work break and a little Yoga.
Take care all!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 06:50 PM  
manleym

Hi Everyone! Sorry it's been so long. I was hoping to check in sooner but work has been crazy busy and I'm just done by the end of the day.

Cataddict I'm glad you did that Kit Rich stretch! I haven't done any other workouts of hers, but I want to. I think she does alot of pilates-type workouts. ETA: I just looked at some of her other workouts and there's more variety than I had thought. I might try one of hers today for Fun Friday. I'm with you and FN1 about the childlike voices. That's one reason I got rid of the pink Firms. I just couldn't stand some of their childlike instruction. And could it be HR that you are referring to? Nonverbal workouts? HA! But very true! It's really hard to do a workout with an instructor whose voice (or words) are annoying. Kinda ruins it. And I'm still taking notes on the CL's you are doing to add to my list. Thanks for the reviews so I know which to do and which to skip.

Kittybug didn't Jessica's LB workout just FRY your legs! Great idea to add on an UB workout for a total body day. I feel the same about Peanut. So sad. I know Jessica was devastated.

Bee I never really thought about Flextrain being heavy on the shoulders but you're right. It was a go-to workout for me for a LONG time. I just loved it! I thought about using Cathe's new bands above my knees too because they definitely won't work around the ankles. Let us know if you find a creative way to use them.

FOLV and everyone else, so glad you hear you're ok. I can't imagine what folks are going trough. I helped cleaning up after Katrina and it was just heartbreaking seeing all of the devastation. Some homes had 5 + feet of water in them. People were just trying to salvage anything they could.

Kim glad PT is working and you're feeling better. You'll be back at it in no time! Hang in there!

KateTT so happy that Justin's chemo day 1 went well! I so hope he responds well to treatment and the cancer is GONE! I know this is hard on you watching him go through this. You are so strong and loving. He WILL get through this! Hugs!

Howdy VVfer! Hope all is well!

Workouts so far this week:
Monday - Jen Edwards SWEAT Total Body Burn. This was a good workout, but not super fun for me. But then again, not all workouts have to be super fun. Kinda like eating healthy vs junk. Sometimes the healthy foods aren't as fun as junk food, but just gotta do it. To me, this was a lightweight, fast paced, metabolic workout. You do 3 rounds of 10 moves. What jumped out to me is that Jen says some of the exact phrases as Amy Dixon from Breathless Body, such as "You should be breathless", and a few others that I can't remember. Almost verbatim. Just thought that was interesting.

Tuesday I finally did Cathe Boss Bands Total Body. This will be good for a light/recovery day, or when I want something totally different. I think next time I will try to use heavier bands, except for the bicep burnout section! Good grief!

Wednesday I did KCM's Circuit Burn Sculpting, Legs, & Boxing Premix. I really like this premix. It has boxing + weighted LB + weighted core/functional, so only the cardio sections are left out. This premix is 45 minutes so good amount of time and I didn't feel like I was missing anything but not having the cardio sections. I felt like there was plenty of cardio.

Today I did CL #360 Pumped Up Upper Body and really liked it! Time just flew! I might even like it better than PLB, not sure because I liked PLB too. They compliment each other very well, which I think they're supposed to do. In PLB the cardo sections are done on the floor, whereas PUB cardio is done using the step. Cathe used the step only for her cardio (no risers) but most in the class used 3 risers. I used 2 since there was some jumping on and off the step. The nice thing about both PLB & PUB is that the cardio sections are short and there aren't many of them. Just enough to get your heart rate up there but not long enough to cause injury or where you're just tired of the move.

Time's getting away! Gotta run! Hugs and waves to all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 10:45 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Hey Nathalie, do you know a Quebec folk band called Le Vent du Nord? My sister and I saw them sort of by accident pre-pandemic. It was one of the last trips (maybe the last) trip I took before the pandemic. We had such a fun night -- makes me smile to think of it right now. At any rate, I randomly got an email today that they are playing some upcoming shows. Not that you are probably ready to rush out and get to a concert, but they are playing in Châteauguay on September 12. Thought it would be fun to find out if you've ever heard of them.
Hi bee,

It rings a disant bell! I think it's a traditional folk music group? I have to admit that I'm not a good follower of music artists.

Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 10:48 AM  
lavna

Hi everyone,

Quick check-in!
I'm going with my immediate family to an inn until Sunday for my mother's 80th birthday (which was in January!). It will be different but fun to be just the 6 of us, without spouses or kids! We did something similar for my Dad 3 years ago and it was a great experience.

Hope everyone is OK Ida-wise and health-wise! Take care!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 11:42 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

manleym: I just HAD to check out those two Pumped Up workouts on Live. I may just buy them. So far this week has gone well but it has only been two days since the first chemo treatment.
I also think the Boss Bands workouts will be for "easier" days - for me. However I haven't used the super heavy band or doubled up bands/loops so I'll see how challenging I can make them.

Hello lavna and all!!!!

So today I decided to do another Dove's Bodies workout instead of just cardio. Did #3. These are kind of a nice surprise. Although not hard, I just can't use heavy weights for any of it due to her pace and millions of reps.
#3 had a bit of Yoga, some toning (I used 5s and 10s), bit of moderate impact cardio. Pretty decent total body workout but no triceps in this. And the lower body work was not as tough as in #2 yesterday. Definitely different enough from #2. Both have good core work!!
These will be good easier day workouts too. Or when I want something metabolic because her pace is NON STOP! Not super fast, but no real breaks in between exercises. I like the stamina building. Pretty sure 10s will be the max I can use but I haven't done #4 yet.

Have you guys done any of these? Your thoughts?

TGIF!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 08:47 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kim get any rain? It sounds to me like you are going about healing with the right attitude...keep it up!!

kittybug hmmm is it about time to get that hip checked out? Do you need a cowbell or a cattle prod??

Kate I like big burly funny guys as trainers too.

manley I have always refused to jump on a step when Cathe did it. Guess what I'm supposed to do to strengthen my calf for hiking on rocky terrain? Jumping on boxes and steps...does that stink like poop on stink or what!!??

lavna have a great celebration with your mom..what a wonderful family time! Crystal bells for you.

bee you have successfully convinced me to not ever get Flex train. I hate shoulder heavy workouts.

horusosiris I should probably write down some fave Cathe segments so that IF I ever get decent internet I could create some killer workouts.

cataddict if I ever went to work out at Cathe's gym and on a Cathe live...I'd need a shirt that said "Here for your amusement." Lawzy day would I be TERRIBLE!! But I'd also be grinning like a fool. People would wonder what the heck the silly grin on my face was about..hahaha

Alta haiii Baby Watulan...how's tricks?

ChelePA doing 85 cowbell GADANKS for you

My calf completely cooperated with a 4 mile hike today. Not a hard uphill the whole way and the trail wasn't as rocky. Woohoo!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 01:11 PM  
horusosiris

Today I did Rock’m Sock’m mix and interspersed the muscle meltdown segments to make it a full body workout

I have been helping friends in NJ clean up and salvage things after their home was flooded. Hurricane Ida was terrible. I do not think I have ever seen so much rain fall in such a short period of time. I thought it would never stop raining.

Lavna- congratulations to your Mom. Enjoy your day with her.

Kate- I love Sagi and his jokes too! I use to like BJ Gaddour until he began using too much profanity. I too love muscular guys. I never could do Lauren’s workouts. I much prefer Travis.

Fanofladyvols- glad that your calf cooperated with you hike. I do write down some of my favorite segments so that I can use them in the bender. There are countless possibilities with the blender

Bee – she does overdo shoulders inflex Train. I usually do a premix or use segments in the workout blender. I still like the workout though

Manelym-I agree that CL he Pumped Upper and Lower Body workouts are very good. I have done just about all of the Cathe lives. I had done all of them until I took 6 months off from CL. I still have a few left to do from when I took my hiatus. I think that all of the CLs are worth trying at least once. Some of them that others disliked, I actually found that I liked.

Waves To All!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in