Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-20, 01:04 PM  
Tugger31

Question In search of....

Low impact cardio interval workouts that do not have overhead shoulder presses or burpees. I can't seem to find anything! Thanks.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 08:23 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Try subbing front raises and lateral raises for overhead presses... I just did Kathy Smith's Project You: Full Body Circuits last week for the first time ever and it was a fun, sweaty, dread-free blast! I could even heavy up on weights because there aren't a million reps. And with the premixes that KCM provides, check out 30 Minutes to Fitness series -- Your Best Body, Weights, New You Coming. Andrea Metcalf's Quick Fit DVD should also have some good premixes (I don't use 'em as I usually just do the cardio segments in entirety) but that's an option and Kristin Dowell's Dressed Up Drills has good premixes of floor cardio (can be low impact) and bodyweight exercises (I also only do the cardio segments in entirety but on preview, the other content looks good!)
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 08:26 PM  
bfit

There's Prevention 3-2-1 with Chris Freytag that is low impact with no burpees. There are about 10 shoulder presses in the entire thing, and you can substitute for those. There's also Debra Mazda's cardio and weights workout. I think it's called Let's Get Moving 2. It is low impact with no burpees. There is one section near the start with shoulder presses, and again, you can substitute.There are also some Leslie Sansone walk and tone workouts like Walk Strong that uses weights, the Walk Strong one that uses a band, and her Bootcamp workout that uses a Figure 8 band. If I remember right there are no shoulder presses in these.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 12:15 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Team Body Project has several low impact, high intensity workouts. This one is my favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba3qZjzPonI

I can barely finish it if I go all out. And, my joints don't hurt the next day.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 06:10 AM  
adrien_73

I second Vintage VFer's suggestion! I am loving ALL of the Team Body Project low impact workouts!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 07:08 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Team Body Project has several low impact, high intensity workouts. This one is my favorite:

"Eyes" got me to do this one and I ended up subscribing to BP's streaming (a year works about to be around $10/month). Love them. Almost every workout they do has low impact options demonstrated.

There are a good many arms overhead moves but you can easily take them to shoulder level w/out a significant loss in oomph factor.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 08:06 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

I'm glad you posted this! I did this workout after you posted it before and loved it! When Tugger asked the question about low impact cardio this is exactly what came to mind!
Old 06-18-20, 11:19 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
"Eyes" got me to do this one and I ended up subscribing to BP's streaming (a year works about to be around $10/month). Love them. Almost every workout they do has low impact options demonstrated.

There are a good many arms overhead moves but you can easily take them to shoulder level w/out a significant loss in oomph factor.
I haven't enabled anyone in a while.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
low impact cardio, team body project