Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-25-19, 09:35 PM  
akaAnnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
Pat, what do you do with the Bintiva disc? I bought one years ago to sit on at work but I haven't used it since then. Would love to put it to good use.
I want to know too!
akaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-19, 06:20 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I only bought 2 DVDs this year, both are winners though, BeFit 30 Day ButtLift and DOTI Tummy Tone Party Zone which is a reacquire, I think I found at Amazon for around $6 each which would mean this is my lowest spend year ever. I like the ab routine on TTPZ a lot and use that quite a bit.

I also received Cathe LITE though it was ordered in 2018. My excitement for this set has faded some but overall I still like it, my favorites are PHA, the band workout, and the kick box workout is fun. The others are fine but they don't get used as much, the time savers premixes have been handy.

I don't regret ordering it but if I had to do over I might have just ordered a couple of the DVDs though. Same with the ICE set, I have my few favorites for that series too.

Next year will be about the same very low if not no buy. I will utilize You Tube more and just use what I have.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-19, 07:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
Pat, what do you do with the Bintiva disc? I bought one years ago to sit on at work but I haven't used it since then. Would love to put it to good use.
So far I've only used the disc for my physical therapy. I keep it under my sacrum for core exercises while laying on my mat. It's nice in that position for stretching out my piano-wire tight hip flexors and setting you up for better form for the exercises.

I plan to try it at the office and decide if I need one for my desk chair. You can use it straight out of the box, but it comes with a pump if you want more inflation.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-19, 11:34 PM  
muddjeansgal

Best: Beachbody On Demand and my part time job at a Pilates Studio where I get free classes
Also an Apple Watch to track my workouts.

No Worst. After a long fitness hiatus its good to be excited to work out again.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-19, 11:24 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
My worst purchases were the Margaret Richard workouts that I got. I just don't reach for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Worst is probably my purchase of Margaret Richards DVDs. I didn't spend a lot, but there are still one or two of the 4 I purchased that I haven't opened yet. And of course because of my best, listed above, it may be awhile until I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebnPhx View Post
Worst...oh Margaret. I wish I could get into those 10 DVDs I bought for $59. But not only are they still in the wrapper, they’re still in the MAILER!
Yup. Maggie had a huge sale a few years back and I bought a lot of her videos. I rarely use them. I go back to the same old one over and over: Getting Better.

Best purchase: The wall brackets for bands as seen on Bob & Brad's physical therapy YouTube channel. DH and I both get a lot of use out of them.

Worst purchase: Assorted Pilates and Pilates-style rehab videos targeted for bone health. I know the exercises are good, but even after all these years, I loathe Pilates. It's like watching paint dry. Maybe not even that exciting! LOL!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 02:16 PM  
Verine
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatella View Post
Best purchases were:

Toniques, which I'm addicted to and didn't even think I'd like. I was originally inspired to buy them by Mary's $4.99 DVD sale. After that, I ended up buying almost all of the downloads from Sylwia.

Hi Donatella. I am so glad we have another Tonique convert in our midst! I think Tonique is one of the most underrated workouts for sure. Out of curiosity, which are your favorite downloads so far? I would say the Infinity, Hamptons, Costa Rica, and Hawaii series are my most used.

Christina
Verine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 05:26 AM  
Tanja

Best: Travis' Flexibility and Beyond - now these are workouts I can do after a ten hour workday. They heal your body and soul.

Worst: I have no worst. I have been VERY careful what I buy and I use everything I own.
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 06:03 PM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

Hi Christina, I agree with you, and wish that I had tried Tonique earlier. I really like the downloads that you listed, with Hamptons Sunset Express being my favorite. I ordered six downloads from Sylwia and she sent a very nice email that included two additional downloads at no cost. Of the DVD's that I bought during Mary's last sale Addicted to Movement is my favorite, probably due to the cardio factor and how Sylwia switches sides more frequently than in some of her other workouts.
Donatella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best of, hits and misses, lee holden favorites, worst of, yoga headstand bench