Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-15-19, 01:08 PM  
pricek

Best: Beachbody On Demand!! There are a great variety of programs to choose from. They are always adding new programs. Even though they charge extra for early access, you can just wait a few months for the program to be released to everyone. Which is what I do since there is plenty of content to keep me busy.

I don't have a worst, thankfully
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-19, 04:30 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
Hi Mtngoat, I read your controlled rant. I'm sorry that you're struggling with your health. I can relate, in a way, because I also live in a country where medical care is free (to an extent) but I feel like I have to fight to be seen and diagnosed properly. I grew up in a country where our socialized healthcare system didn't cover some of the basics that we needed, like dental and eye care. I've been misdiagnosed and so have my children. It can be tough.
Take care of yourself

I haven't made any purchases this year. I tried a few different streaming sites and my favorite is still Sleek Technique.
Thanks topfitmama. The rant was really about the person I know with cancer, and not myself. I just feel so helpless not being able to help him. (My financial situation is really because private insurance doesn't cover cannabis.)

eta: I totally understand what you said about trying to be heard within the medical system, however. I don't go the doctor normally (unless injured or infection) - this cannabis MD actually listened and helped.

I thought of another winner this year - KCM's Sculpting Rx. They had it in my local library! I really enjoyed it.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"

Last edited by mtngoat; 11-15-19 at 05:27 PM. Reason: addition
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-19, 09:40 AM  
Sunrise
VF Supporter

Best is definitely discovering Kelly Coffey Meyer. Her 30 minutes to Fitness series is exactly what I needed to get back into working out. I've spent a crazy amount of money acquiring her workouts, very thankful for Mary's sales!

Also, rediscovering Cathe's premixes. I've always thumbed my nose at premixes and did workout DVD's as is but 30 minutes is my max right now and finding out some of my favorite workouts have timesaver premixes has gotten me back into working out on a regular basis. Her Intensity series cardio premixes are right up my alley right now.

Kettlebells is another discovery this past year, I have always enjoyed weight workouts but swinging a kettlebell is my new favorite activity.

I don't believe I've had a worst this year, I'm figuring out what I enjoy, what works for me at my age and fitness level and it's working so far.
Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-19, 10:12 AM  
BunnyHop

This year I've been in recovery mode, so my best purchases have been gentle yoga (bodywisdommedia and Jane Adams) and some cds to help me get my sleeping habits back on track. (Progressive muscle relaxation in general seems to be the way to go. Don't really have a specific recommendation because beyond a certain point they seem very similar and my sleep habits got better so I quit using them.)

I did finally get a membership at the Y so I could use their treadmills and take gentle yoga. Both a big win for me. Just what I need nowadays. I've made strength gains, finally.
Old 11-16-19, 10:17 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
Best is definitely discovering Kelly Coffey Meyer. Her 30 minutes to Fitness series is exactly what I needed to get back into working out. I've spent a crazy amount of money acquiring her workouts, very thankful for Mary's sales!

Also, rediscovering Cathe's premixes. I've always thumbed my nose at premixes and did workout DVD's as is but 30 minutes is my max right now and finding out some of my favorite workouts have timesaver premixes has gotten me back into working out on a regular basis. Her Intensity series cardio premixes are right up my alley right now.

Kettlebells is another discovery this past year, I have always enjoyed weight workouts but swinging a kettlebell is my new favorite activity.

I don't believe I've had a worst this year, I'm figuring out what I enjoy, what works for me at my age and fitness level and it's working so far.

Kelly usually has a half price sale for New Year's.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-19, 11:37 AM  
IceQueen07

Best has been getting KCM Raw - so many great workouts and now, even though I own all of her DVDs she has put them all on RAW. I have also been doing a lot of Cathe, mainly weight ones, but others as well.

Not really worst, but found that I really don't click with Linda Wooldridge workouts, they aren't bad, just not for me. Also not really thrilled with Tracey Long ones.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-19, 12:05 PM  
Jules

Best: Les Mills on Demand - I never get tired of these workouts! Travis Eliot: Flexibility & Beyond. Studio Sweat.

Meh: Cathe LITE and Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3. There is nothing really "wrong" with these workouts. I just don't reach for them much as they feel pretty easy to me right now. I definitely like having them in my collection for days when I am feeling under the weather.

Worst: No duds this year.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-19, 02:40 PM  
Sunrise
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Kelly usually has a half price sale for New Year's.
Seriously?? Because I've got like 6 of her workouts on my wishlist waiting for another sale! Cool!
Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-19, 03:00 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post

Meh: Cathe LITE and Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3.
I feel the same about Jessica's WS 3. I bought it in 2017 that's why I didn't list it here. It's definitely a meh for me. Until today, I've only done a few of the workouts in this set and at least at this time, I have no real desire to do the rest. I like Cathe LITE though.
Old 11-16-19, 03:58 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
Seriously?? Because I've got like 6 of her workouts on my wishlist waiting for another sale! Cool!
She usually discounts everything except her very latest releases.

The sale lasts literally one day, so watch her site and Facebook page.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best of, hits and misses, lee holden favorites, worst of, yoga headstand bench