Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-15-19, 07:12 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

10 Minute Solution HIIT

I did a strength workout today and added HIIT 101segment from the 10 Minute Solution HIIT dvd. I really liked the HIIT workout. It was a nice add-on.
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-19, 07:25 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
The Butt Lift DVD is one of my favorites from the 10 Minute Solution series
Butt Lift seems to be one of the most popular and highly rated 10 Minute Solutions. I will certainly be checking out the other workouts on the dvd.
Old 09-15-19, 07:28 PM  
CharM

Firm Burn & Shape - I liked the few Pink Firms that I'd recently tried so much, that I went crazy and bought more. This just came in the mail yesterday, so I thought I'd get to it. The cardio moves are so confusing to me, and just when I figure it out, she says, "new move!" argh. Fortunately, they're chaptered, so I'm going to only do the cardio moves until I learn them. I don't normally care for combination exercises, but I actually had fun with these. This workout made me sweat more than I expected.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-19, 07:32 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Bosu Total Body Blast... Wow... It was tough! I loved the integrated strenght portion, it was fun! Good workout, and a great challenge! Mindy's attitude was great, fun and encouraging.

I did Mindy's Burst from Bosu Xplode two weeks ago, and to be honest I don't know which one is harder! maybe Burst because it is intense cardio from start to finish. I didn't like her as much in Burst though, she seemed too pretentious imo, like she is the toughest, etc. I know she is tough and in excellent shape, but she kept saying it quite a bit and I though it was a bit too much, but still another good cardiovascular challenge.

Note: I always tear off the shrinkwrap of my new DVDs, to make sure they work properly Great thread!
I don't believe there is a single Mindy Mylrea dvd in my collection. From what I've read, her workouts are super tough. Good job on facing that challenge.
Old 09-15-19, 08:32 PM  
Verine
VF Supporter

Quote:
Bosu Total Body Blast... Wow... It was tough! I loved the integrated strenght portion, it was fun! Good workout, and a great challenge! Mindy's attitude was great, fun and encouraging.
This is such a good workout, but it's been ages since I've done it! I like how she gives shout outs to all the instructors when she uses their signature moves.

Today I did Barlates Booty Burn Extra Toasty as an add-on and I liked it. This was the last workout I needed to try in the Booty Burn series, and I'd say the whole series is a winner.
Verine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 07:19 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent Moon View Post
I don't believe there is a single Mindy Mylrea dvd in my collection. From what I've read, her workouts are super tough. Good job on facing that challenge.
Thank you . These are my first Mindy's workouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verine View Post
This is such a good workout, but it's been ages since I've done it! I like how she gives shout outs to all the instructors when she uses their signature moves.
I enjoyed the shout outs too!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 07:35 AM  
owltx

Quote:
Bosu Total Body Blast... Wow... It was tough! I loved the integrated strenght portion, it was fun! Good workout, and a great challenge! Mindy's attitude was great, fun and encouraging
I love BOSU Total Body Blast - hands down my favorite from Mindy's. Lots of fun. I do find I don't reach for it very often - it is a tough workout for sure. I need to be better about breaking it down. I find with all of Mindy's workouts I enjoy them while I am doing them but there is a certain dread factor to get past for me. I will say though she is one instructor where I take her moves and use them apart from the workout. There are several moves from body blast that I will use as subs in some of the HIIT workouts for move I won't/don't want to do.
Old 09-16-19, 10:39 AM  
Gams

I did The Firm 500 Calorie Workout today and I liked it, but I think the segments with weights were too fast to use anything but light weights. She says a couple times to use medium to heavy weights but it was too fast for me to use heavy weights.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 11:59 AM  
laurajhawk

I tore shrinkwrap this morning! I tried the WWE Power Series DVD that I bought in Mary's last sale. I did just the Upper Body 1 section, as an add-on to 30for30 yoga, and really liked it. The instructor does (as all the reviews mention, lol) talk for a LONG time at the beginning, demoing all the exercises before you do the first one. For me, what this means is that I should get the video started and THEN think about getting out weights, refilling water bottle etc. Once the workout starts, I like the pace. It is steady but the lifting is fairly slow. You do 8 reps of each exercise, then go back to the beginning and do 12 reps of each. They used 2 sets of dumbbells but I used 3 different pairs and will use 4 next time - 5 through 12 pounds. (The cast are big guys and use up to at least 20, maybe 30.) I plan to do the rest of the workouts through this week.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 12:03 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm loving this thread!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins