Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-13-14, 10:17 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Considering the Udaya plunge but have questions....

Okay, okay, it makes NO SENSE for me to NOT subscribe to Udaya, as I'm sure this is what I'm looking for. Now, my questions:

1. Can you cancel your subscription at any time? If so, it is easy to do? I cannot for the life of me find the answer to this question on their site, and I deplore Facebook, so it's not like I'm able to go search there for any answers, LOL!! Are you locked in once you subscribe? Or do you have to present your first born, half an arm, and your passport with RFID chip to cancel your subscription?

2. Is it kind of like Netflix, where if you start streaming something and realize it's not for you, you can just stop it and pick something else? In other words, if I feel the Joni-O come on, can I Joni-O to my heart's content?

3. Do you feel you're getting your money's worth out of what they have to offer?

That's all for now. I appreciate your time helping me out here!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-14, 11:14 PM  
Kddid

Hope this helps...

Yes, you can absolutely cancel anytime. Yes, it is easy to back out of one video and chose another. No, I am not getting my money's worth, but that is only because I injured my shoulder and can't currently participate. I did get signed up at the lower initial membership price, so I am choosing to continue my membership instead of canceling and rejoining later.

There are many different options to chose from. You can easily search by difficulty, instructor, length or style. There are also videos focused on specific body parts. The instructors are very diverse, as are the styles. It won't take long to figure out which are your favorites and which you don't care for. You even have the option saving your favorites to a folder for quick reference.

I say, go for it! There is really nothing to lose.
Kddid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-14, 08:20 AM  
laurajhawk

I agree: Yes, yes, and no.
There's this customer service guy, Cody. SO helpful. If you unsubscribed and it didn't work somehow, you'd email the CS email addy and Cody would fix it for you immediately, reimburse you if incorrectly billed, maybe buy you flowers. (OK, probably not flowers.)
Stop 'em, start 'em, pause 'em, preview a couple minutes in the middle to see if it's what you want, all very easy. Not the visceral satisfaction of a Joni-O with a VHS tape, but then what is?
I have too many DVDs, live classes, etc. A friend challenged me to a month of Udaya to really see what's there, and I loved the two weeks I did it, and then, SQUIRREL! But if all my yoga DVDs disappeared tomorrow and the studio closed, I wouldn't panic if I had Udaya.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-14, 08:53 AM  
Vee

I am a recent subscriber (since May 3) and my answers are yes, yes and yes.

1. There is link on the "Account" page to cancel membership at the click of a mouse.

2. You could spend all day Joni-O-ing, if you wished. I haven't yet done a Joni O and while it is early days, so far I find that the classes match the description.

3. I don't go to a live yoga studio. I can't make time for any commuting. So yoga at home is my only option. I do yoga 4-5 times a week. I'd love to get through all the classes at udaya. If I don't use it more, is only because I already have so much yoga.

I don't see myself cancelling any time soon.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-14, 12:26 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Thank you, ladies!!!! One more question...I was researching and saw there was a code for a discounted rate. Does anyone know if that's still valid? Just curious
Old 05-14-14, 12:43 PM  
sherry7899

I tested the code "friendsandfamily" and it still worked to make the monthly charge $9.00.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-14, 12:46 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I tested the code "friendsandfamily" and it still worked to make the monthly charge $9.00.

Sherry
Excellent! A very kind Vfer offered me (thank you!!) one of the free month trials..I think I read somewhere that you can't do both, if that's correct? So if I do the free month, my subscription rate would be higher? Someone correct me if that's wrong....
Old 05-18-14, 12:52 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Well, I got all signed up and did my first class with Rudy yesterday (Energetic Surge). I. Am. In. LOVE!!!! I was dripping with sweat and felt SO good after that class. And I really enjoyed Rudy, which I wasn't sure I was going to. Just what I needed!! Can't wait to try the other classes and instructors, and there's SO much to choose from!!! Best purchase since P57, definitely. Thanks, all
Old 05-18-14, 01:51 PM  
Joanie
VF Supporter

How often do they add new classes?
Joanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-14, 05:39 PM  
laurajhawk

They add five classes every week.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote