Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-13, 01:06 PM  
Keepfitgirl

Is cornstarch the same as cornflour? (Sorry I'm from the UK!)

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-13, 01:09 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepfitgirl View Post
Is cornstarch the same as cornflour? (Sorry I'm from the UK!)

Emma
Yes, cornflour is the same thing. Actually cornflour is a better word for it! (You just don't hear it much in North America).
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-13, 01:19 PM  
Keepfitgirl

Thank you!
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-13, 12:33 PM  
yahoo205

Weleda Deodorant Spray, Wild Rose

Alcohol, Water (aqua), Fragrance (parfum from essential oils), Limonene (from essential oils), Linalool (from essential oils), Citronellol (from essential oils), Benzyl Alcohol (from essential oils), Benzyl Benzoate (from essential oils), Benzyl Salicylate (from essential oils), Geraniol (from essential oils), Citral (from essential oils), Eugenol (from essential oils), Farnesol (from essential oils), Rosa Moschata (Rosehip) Leaf Extract, Rosa Damascena (Bulgarian Rose) Flower Extract, Glycerin, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate

I think the ingredients in this are ok. The fragrance is kind of strong but I don't mind because it will mask that sweat smell.

They also have sage and citrus scents.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-13, 05:40 PM  
videofit

Dabbing Milk of Magnesia under your arms is supposed to be a natural odor killer. Not supposed to stain but I haven't tried it. I think I'll stick to my crystal.
Old 04-13-13, 10:06 PM  
bubbles76

Has anyone tried a baking soda free deodorant without the parabens, propylene glycol, aluminum, or any other harmful ingredients? I found one deodorant without baking soda, but good grief it turned out to be around $15 for a 2.5 ounce. I wouldn't mind paying that much if it turned out it worked, so I'm looking for opinions first.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-13, 11:00 AM  
altinker

I use a combination of liquid crystal deodorant and wild rose weleda. This was a stinky lesson for me.

I switched away from Secret Platinum about 10 years ago and tried just crystal, liquid crystal, Tom's, Weleda. I would sweat, and it would stink.

Then, I tried the combo of liquid crystal with wild rose weleda. I sweat but it doesn't stink. I can't just use one of those -- it has to be both -- and I'm not sure why.
altinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-13, 01:23 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

What is liquid crystal deodorant? I use the Waleeda and like it.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-13, 03:47 PM  
bubbles76

I've ordered Zion Health Adama Minerals DryClay Deodorant Original Scent. I really hope it works. The price was under $10 with shipping, and it does not include baking soda, aluminum, or propylene glycol. Here are the ingredients:

Ingredients: Purified water, propanediol, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium stearate, witch haxel distilate, calcium montmorillonite (kanwa clay), calendula extract, myrrh gum extract, alpine lichen extract, grapefruit seed extract, chamomile extract, lavender blend.

It does contain propanediol, but here is some stuff about that ingredient:

From EWG website
An excerpt from an article from Cosmetics & Toiletries Science Applied website

Anyone care to weigh in? I'm not a chemist by any means
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-13, 04:46 PM  
Kathleen Ann

I have used Bath and Body Works body spray in my armpits for the last few years and it works for me.

When I sweat it even leaves a nice scent in my clothes.

It also does not leave the white powdery residue on my clothes like regular deoderant.

If any of you buy Bath and Body Works spray, try it and 'smell' how it works for you.

I know it is not a deoderant but I have not gotten any complaints.

Tags
deodorants, natural deodorants