Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-06, 08:38 PM  
videoaddict
VF Supporter

Delurking, Too

Hello.

My name is Rory and have been lurking forever. I've decided to try to become a more active member of the site.

I'm a 42 (43 at the end of the month) single mom with a 19-year-old son living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I work as a Legal Secretary.

My favorite instructors are Cathe and The Firm. I also belong to a gym.

Thanks for having me and I hope to be posting with you soon.
Old 01-09-06, 09:15 PM  
blue_hydrangea

Welcome out of lurkdom, Rory! I'm like you--I have a gym membership and fitness workouts for home. I like Cathe and The Firm, too!
blue_hydrangea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-06, 09:26 PM  
ssgilby

Welcome, Rory!

Hey, there, Rory! I'm in the legal field too - a paralegal in a law firm/title company, where I also act as a loan closer. AND, I have a 19-year-old too! My daughter is a freshman in college. AND I too love the Firm! My fanny has definitely lifted since I started those workouts a couple of months ago. Do you have the new TransFirmer? I LOVE that thing!!

We have a lot in common! Nice to meet you!

Shelley Gilbertson
ssgilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-06, 08:04 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome to the de-lurk mode, Rory. Feel free to jump in wherever. It's always good to see new posters contributing.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-06, 11:14 AM  
new2me

Hello and welcome to Chris, Shelley, nmffnurse, momma and Rory! I'm sorry I'm late to the welcome party...I had surgery on 1-5-06, so am just getting around to checking the boards! Welcome.

Rory and Shelley, I also work in a law office and live in the Northern California area! Rory, check out the California Mania thread in the events section...a lot of us attend that show and it would be great to meet for lunch!

Hi my dear ooty! I'm about this {} close to ordering some CC workouts from Collage.

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-06, 11:40 AM  
ooty

Hi Rory...welcome.

Laura: I am defrosted, it took almost 5 days after the run to feel completely stretched and get back on the treadmill. The weather is unseasonably nice here and the frosty experience is making me wish I could go run outside now, but have to meet boss soon.

Donna: Yay..I am assuming you will rebound to it. Though I have to admit I much prefer running to rebounding with CC. Just out of curiousity,what is the advantage of ordering through Collage? Oh, I hope you are doing well after your surgery ( not sure what it is).
Old 01-10-06, 12:12 PM  
new2me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooty
Donna: Yay..I am assuming you will rebound to it. Though I have to admit I much prefer running to rebounding with CC. Just out of curiousity,what is the advantage of ordering through Collage? Oh, I hope you are doing well after your surgery ( not sure what it is).
No advantage except that I can write a check instead of using a credit card, lol. I have a problem with ordering with credit cards. Yes, doing well...it was for bladder repair, so probably no more bouncing on the rebounder, but I may use CC for outdoor walking and may get a treadmill, or some other piece of non-impact equipment that I could use them with.

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-06, 02:29 PM  
ssgilby

Guess there are a lot of us in the legal field that enjoy working out - hmmmm, wonder what that says about the stresses of the law? LOL! Or the types of people who are drawn to it. Thanks for the welcome, Donna!

Shelley Gilbertson
Old 01-10-06, 02:30 PM  
ssgilby

One more thing, Donna, I think with Amazon you can pay by check and, of course, debit card. I love the Collage site and get so much information there. However, I don't usually order from them for a couple of reasons: 1) Amazon a lot of times has lower prices, and 2) since I live in Minnesota, I have to pay sales tax on stuff I order through Collage. With Amazon, I always choose the free shipping and pay no sales tax. With the lower prices in the first place, I really can't afford not to order through Amazon.

Shelley Gilbertson
Old 01-10-06, 02:32 PM  
ssgilby

Hey, Momma, does Netflix have a big selection of fitness videos? I was a member for awhile, but canceled my account about a year ago because I never seemed to actually watch the movies I rented. I just don't have the patience to sit through a movie most of the time. However, if they have a lot of exercise videos, it would certainly be worth it to check out stuff before I buy it!

Shelley Gilbertson

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread