Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-21, 09:20 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I would like the link
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004I...b_b_asin_title

Hope that works!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-21, 07:24 AM  
dlb

Thanks for posting the link - I started looking at some yesterday - Many were very expensive & my guess for riders that train hard (not me).
Still considering it -

PS - the link looks like it fits what I could do & maybe try a spinning (online). If I like than a spin bike could be on my purchase list next year. Thanks again!!
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-21, 10:03 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlb View Post
Thanks for posting the link - I started looking at some yesterday - Many were very expensive & my guess for riders that train hard (not me).
Still considering it -

PS - the link looks like it fits what I could do & maybe try a spinning (online). If I like than a spin bike could be on my purchase list next year. Thanks again!!
I felt like it was a good less expensive place to start and like you said, see if I was drawn to riding enough to justify smthg more expensive down the road. Unfortunately, since I loved riding bike as a kid living in the country I assumed I would still want to ride a lot, but riding in town and alone (always rode with my brother) was not at all the same for me, so I wish I had spent much less on the bike itself!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 10-15-21, 05:27 PM  
carly

If you use a trainer you may also want a stop block for your front wheel.

https://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-Forza...012TIUU0&psc=1
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-21, 08:05 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
If you use a trainer you may also want a stop block for your front wheel.

https://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-Forza...012TIUU0&psc=1
That's a good point, Carly. I didn't think to mention that!

Old 10-16-21, 07:27 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Thank you for the link! I hadn't heard of these before and I spent some time looking at them on Amazon. They look pretty neat!
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-21, 01:47 PM  
alisoncooks

A post from Erica (on another forum) reminded me that I didn’t update this thread. So…my new spin bike arrives on Wednesday!

I went back and forth relentlessly (VFers can understand the struggle/debate). I finally went with this Yosuda. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B097P...b_b_prod_image

A cheaper model by the same brand had decent reviews on YouTube (as a budget Peloton hack), however, I upgraded for the heavier flywheel and magnetic resistance. Also, I chose this over similarly priced Sunny (which is a brand I’m more familiar with) because of the shorter inseam requirements (25” min for the Yosuda). The one I got also has RPMs on the monitor (many don’t), so that seems helpful for certain workouts.

I briefly considered the entry model from Echelon (so sleek looking!) but for $100+ more, it had a much lighter flywheel and the reviews weren’t any better.

So fingers crossed that it’s a decent bike. I don’t know enough to make any sort of judgement…I just don’t want it to be crappy. (And I want my short legs to reach!)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-21, 02:09 PM  
Erica H.

Yay! Hope you love it!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-21, 05:07 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Yay! Hope you love it!

Erica
Thanks! I’m really excited!

When I broke the news of my purchase to DH (bless his heart, the man has the patience of a saint), I realized that the place I’m putting the bike is the same place I put the Christmas tree. And I’m one of those people that puts up the tree the weekend after Halloween, haha. We run into this issue with every piece of fitness equipment, but never in the first weekend of ownership.
(I have a backup corner that will suffice for the next 2 months. And since YouTube is easily accessed on a device, TV proximity isn’t a big deal this time…)
Old 11-03-21, 11:05 AM  
alisoncooks

Well, super bummer. I’m currently waiting on UPS to pick up my returned bike.

It came early (the 29th) and I put it together on Halloween. Super solid and I was impressed with everything…except the belt or something was misaligned, so that it rubbed against the plastic housing. DH and I are moderately handy, so we took the thing apart and fixed the belt…but within a few pedal revolutions, it jumped back off track. Other than that (major) flaw, it seemed a really nice bike. And no other reviews seem to have this problem…but I don’t feel like taking a chance on a second one.

So…! I’m taking it as a sign (lol, I don’t really believe that) to stay the course and just wait until I can afford the Concept 2 I’ve been wanting. I know they’re quality and long-lasting. And basically one-size-fits-all (as opposed to the fiddly-ness of a spin bike being used by 3 people…)

So back to square one! *sigh….*

Tags
bike trainer, bikes, kaleigh cohen, spin bike, spin bikes