Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-12-21, 09:38 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 8 - Strength followed by some stretching.

Baked two loaves of zuchinni bread, did some housecleaning, worked a little on the latest quilt and hit Ulta for a new mascara.

Anita, the pasta and sauce sounds yummy and easy - easy is always good. DH took four years of Spainish in HS and always got good grades. Yet, when we were in Mexico he realized just how much he didn't know. His Spainish was better than mine and we muddled through but it wasn't easy. We had to get a COVID test right before the Alaska cruise and it wasn't bad at all. DH had to have two before that and he said both of those were worse, the type where they put a probe way down the nose and into the throat - this one was just a simple swipe of the nose.

Laura, sounds as though you had a busy day. Sorry to hear they had to cut into you DH's gums, that sounds like torture to me. I've had enough dental procedures to generally hate dental work but luckily haven't had to have my gums cuts yet, shudder. I feel for him.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 07:59 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

It's supposed to be a rainy day, but hope I can still squeeze in a Gus walk without too much wetness. Today I'll be getting my hair cut - yay! I'm also trying to transfer stuff from one computer to another, both have their own links to iCloud, but it looks like I can access both iClouds from the new computer. I just don't know how to transfer stuff to iCloud . I want my financial records in Quicken transferred also. I don't know if I have to buy a new Quicken or can use my old one and somehow transfer that. Then dealing with photos... and music.... I may need to have someone that knows iCloud here at my house...

Laura, I'll need to find a Covid testing place and get a swipe pretty close to when I go in - sometimes it's a place they send me to, so I'll wait for now. I remember getting a swipe for Covid before my hip replacement at a clinic they sent me to. Hope DH feels better soon!

Paula, did you grow the zucchini you baked with? I can do OK listening to Spanish news or reading their newspapers, but the casual Spanish on TV in soap operas or anything else is beyond me.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 08:30 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No workout this morning. We decided to fly to Lake Havasu, AZ, had a beautiful day for it.

Anita, hope you and Gus got walk in. My past experience with a new computer was I had to purchase a new Excel program - it wouldn't transfer. No didn't grow the zuchinni, I grow flowers haven't tried vegetables. Yeah, I can't watch soap operas in Spainish or any TV program in Spainish I just can't keep up. Maybe if they talked real slow...
Old 10-14-21, 07:33 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I have an in-person training session this morning at my client's house. This afternoon, I'll do a pick-up at Walmart. Other than that, I'll hang out and try to catch up on stuff around the house.

We had a nice lunch at Mom and Dad's yesterday. Dad and I made the two versions of the pasta dish we cook. It tasted really good.

Paula - It's so nice that you can take these day trips. I'm glad it was a good day for it yesterday.

Anita - Yeah, any other language would be more easy to understand at half speed. Transferring from one computer to another is harder than it should be. Good luck figuring out iCloud.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-21, 08:26 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on playing another game of Carcassonne using both new and old computers - stuff works on one, but not the other. I hope to get the Quicken files transferred to my new computer. Still figuring how.... A walk with Gus is also planned. Adelija will be coming home in a rush, fed quickly, then taken to a friend's house so she can help with a George Floyd charity. Frankly, I don't see the sainthood type activities being established for that man . Oh well!

Paula, still trying to transfer stuff to my new computer - very frustrating! Hope you enjoyed your trip to AZ!

Laura, Enjoy your house day!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 10-14-21, 08:11 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 9 stretch followed by Pahla B Body Shaping Day 10 Moderate Cardio and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Met friends for lunch - beautiful weather and we ate out on the patio - a nice time.

Laura, funny youo should mention problems with the cloud. My friend just got a new iphone and was complaing the transfer didn't go well, she's still missing information she hopes is in the cloud and will show up soon. Hope your teaching session went well. Pasta is always good - one of my favorite meals.

Anita, I hope you and Gus had a good walk. Good luck with the transfer of files - guess you and Laura and my friend are all in the same boat. Recently when I got a new phone I noticed some things didn't seem to transfer initially - after a few days they just sorta showed up - went up into the Cloud for a while.
Old 10-15-21, 06:58 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the WRC and giving Adelija a ride to school, then walking Gus. Otherwise a pretty quiet day for me. I'm editing photos on my old computer to just keep what I want to move to the new one. I have two iClouds - one for my old equipment using an email that no longer exists and a current one for my new phone and iPad with my current email. I'm hoping to get them all out on the cloud.

Paula, hope the iCloud transfer happens OK - I didn't do it with my old stuff, so trying to transfer it now.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 10-15-21, 07:47 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 11 Moderate Weights followed by Karen Voight Standing Stretch.

DH and I decided to take a drive to the mountains today - really nice. Crisp cool air with piney scent. Had lunch at our favorite mountain cafe (the one I recommended to you, Laura). When we got home it was 90 degrees here and feeling more like summer than fall.

My refridgerator has developed an unpleasant ordor so I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Anita, hope your iCloud transfer went well. As Laura said, these things are harder than they should be. Funny how technology takes over your life. DH and I were just discussing today how we used to use paper maps for any trips and now we're addicted to GPS, our new car has one built into the dash.
Old 10-15-21, 08:37 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I didn't realize I didn't get here yesterday. The training session yesterday morning went well. In the afternoon, I did a pick-up at Walmart. This morning, I cooked lunch for DH. This afternoon, we went for haircuts (yay!) and then out to dinner. It was nice to go out.

I keep getting requests for training. So, I will probably be more busy in the next few weeks.

Paula - It's good you got out. I didn't realize there was so much difference in temps at that cafe. Have fun with the refrigerator. Ugh.

Anita - It sounds like you have lots of technical tasks to accomplish. I hope it all goes well.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-21, 07:33 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on driving Adelija down to meet a group to travel further to go visit a cave, walking Gus, and doing more computer cleanup - I've been eliminating some photos that I don't need to carry forward forever. Still haven't tried calling support for Quicken transfer. I'll need to drive down and pick up Adelija this evening. There's a Rocky Horror Picture Show movie and performance tonight, but don't think I'd make it without falling asleep (11:30 pm - 2:30 am). Love that movie though!

Paula, you've got the heat going, I'm wondering if my furnace will get turned on - it's 63 in here now. Just something spoiling in the fridge or is not functioning well and all is overheated in there? GPS in the dash is something I wish I had - I'm transferring from paper to using my phone GPS...

Laura, Yay on more clients! I'm enjoying my haircut also!

Waves to all!

Anita