Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-19-20, 08:00 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

This has been a helpful thread. I think I've decided on the RadcCity Step Thru (https://www.radpowerbikes.com/produc...31655490191456). I really want the Trek Vale Go (https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/b...olorCode=green) but the price tag is just too steep. The RadCity looks like it will handle our dirt roads while also be comfortable on paved roads. The Rover just had too fat of tires for me.

I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger on a purchase yet but I'm close! I'm glad I don't need to transport it anywhere as I can see that the weight would be a deterrent.
Old 10-19-20, 10:35 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
This has been a helpful thread. I think I've decided on the RadcCity Step Thru (https://www.radpowerbikes.com/produc...31655490191456). I really want the Trek Vale Go (https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/b...olorCode=green) but the price tag is just too steep. The RadCity looks like it will handle our dirt roads while also be comfortable on paved roads. The Rover just had too fat of tires for me.

I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger on a purchase yet but I'm close! I'm glad I don't need to transport it anywhere as I can see that the weight would be a deterrent.
I have the Step Thru and I love it!!! My husband thought it looked a bit goofy at first but he says it suits me really well. He gets a big grin on his face seeing me ride it. And you know I am grinning! Enjoy!!
Old 10-19-20, 12:29 PM  
Mickey12

Shelia, I think you're making a great choice. I was looking at the Rad bikes too based on Bee's suggestion. I'm having trouble with the fact that the Trek bikes comes in colors other than black and white. They have a really pretty turquoise one.... Silly reason to spend so much more money though.

I don't know if we will ever end up purchasing. Have fun, fun, fun on yours!!!
Old 10-19-20, 01:58 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Your post cracked me up because I truly believe the only reason I'm obsessed with the expensive Trek bike is because of the beautiful green color option!
Old 10-20-20, 02:10 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Your post cracked me up because I truly believe the only reason I'm obsessed with the expensive Trek bike is because of the beautiful green color option!
Oh, I didn't even know about that..... I'd better not look!

ETA: I got the white step through -- I like it.
Old 12-28-20, 10:51 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Back with an update. My DH bought me the Rad City step thru for Christmas and I've ridden it each day since. Yes, that is only three days so far, but that is two days more than I've biked outside in the last twenty years. It's FANTASTIC. I'm only using assist level 1 or 2 (we have some steep hills) and there is no dread factor. We live at the bottom of a valley so the hardest part of the ride is the first five minutes so it is great to have some assist (both mental and physical) going forward. I live in a very rural area with miles and miles of dirt roads to ride on and the tires are just the right size (so glad I didn't get a fat tire version). I think this is going to be life changing for me!
Old 12-28-20, 11:31 AM  
Mickey12

Shelia thanks for the update on the ebike. I’m so glad you’re enjoying it!
Old 12-28-20, 04:12 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Back with an update. My DH bought me the Rad City step thru for Christmas and I've ridden it each day since. Yes, that is only three days so far, but that is two days more than I've biked outside in the last twenty years. It's FANTASTIC. I'm only using assist level 1 or 2 (we have some steep hills) and there is no dread factor. We live at the bottom of a valley so the hardest part of the ride is the first five minutes so it is great to have some assist (both mental and physical) going forward. I live in a very rural area with miles and miles of dirt roads to ride on and the tires are just the right size (so glad I didn't get a fat tire version). I think this is going to be life changing for me!
So glad to hear you're enjoying it. I love my step thru and it sounds like we live in similar terrain. Have fun!!
Old 12-28-20, 04:17 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Back with an update. My DH bought me the Rad City step thru for Christmas and I've ridden it each day since.
I just googled it and it looks awesome!! I love that you're upright on it. And I love that the battery is in the middle of the bike, rather than over the rear wheel. I would love to get one!! I'm not in their mobile service range tho ...
-Anita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-21, 03:08 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

****UPDATE*****
Nine months later and still loving my Rad Ebike. My husband bought one in January and we go biking almost every day on our miles and miles of dirt roads. I had knee replacement surgery at the end of April and it has been a great recovery tool. I've ridden more miles in the last month than I've ridden in the last ten years of my life.

My husband and I use these ebikes completely differently. He likes to put it on high level assist or use the throttle because he is riding purely for fun. For me, I want the fitness, so I am usually on just level 1 assist, using 2 or sometimes 3 for steep hills or high winds (I do live in Oklahoma, after all). I have almost never used the throttle. I'm always amazed when I get back at how high my Garmin says my heart rate got because it didn't feel that way while I was riding.

The one negative, which is just the nature of an ebike, is that these bikes are very heavy, so they do not coast or steer with the ease of a road bike.

Not relevant to the story but a fun fact...my husband went for a 19 mile ride to the highway and back the other day and the only vehicle that he saw on the whole ride was a tractor!

Tags
ebike, electric bike