Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-20-21, 12:02 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I finally made a list of my VHS workouts I want to replace with DVD so this should help my thrifting!
i have also made a little list of a couple of the Leslie's i'm looking for. i sometimes have to check at home before i acquire something from the thrift store.

meanwhile in Hawaii, i picked up a Bernadette Giorgi DVD - Attitude Ballet Pilates Fusion, and The Method Target Specifics Plus with Elizabeth Young, $3 and $2.50 respectively.

also saw a large Beachbody box, which i think is the pull up frame that goes over your door. it was still unopened. left it there for another lucky shopper.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 02:14 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i have also made a little list of a couple of the Leslie's i'm looking for. i sometimes have to check at home before i acquire something from the thrift store.

meanwhile in Hawaii, i picked up a Bernadette Giorgi DVD - Attitude Ballet Pilates Fusion, and The Method Target Specifics Plus with Elizabeth Young, $3 and $2.50 respectively.

also saw a large Beachbody box, which i think is the pull up frame that goes over your door. it was still unopened. left it there for another lucky shopper.
I'm never thrifting in my own town and I'm always afraid if I wait to check at home the DVDs will be gone!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-21, 06:56 PM  
Karla25

I pleasantly surprised to find a Classical Stretch Season 9 set for under a dollar. I was also lucky enough to find a partial set of sweet dinnerware (with delicate roses and blue forget-me-nots) made in 1941 by Homer Laughlin. I love vintage dinnerware and have several pieces that I use regularly dating back to the 1930's
Old 09-24-21, 07:01 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
I pleasantly surprised to find a Classical Stretch Season 9 set for under a dollar. I was also lucky enough to find a partial set of sweet dinnerware (with delicate roses and blue forget-me-nots) made in 1941 by Homer Laughlin. I love vintage dinnerware and have several pieces that I use regularly dating back to the 1930's
Great finds!

I’ve been taking my teens to the thrift store lately. They can’t seem to leave without buying more flannel shirts, lol. They have a thing for flannel.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-21, 07:34 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Great finds!

I’ve been taking my teens to the thrift store lately. They can’t seem to leave without buying more flannel shirts, lol. They have a thing for flannel.
LOL So do I! When I was young I wouldn't wear a flannel shirt -they were for boys. Now that I'm an old homebody, and into gardening, I snag up flannel shirts like there's no tomorrow :-) It's great (and comfy) to be able to put on a flannel shirt with a pair of jeans, and just pull my hair in a pony tail, to go out. No muss or fuss.
Old 09-25-21, 12:18 PM  
Garrie A.

A few weeks ago I went into a Salvation Army thrift store and picked up a set of Mia Finnegan Shape Stix new in the box for $5. It also came with the manual and the VHS tape. From what I can tell, the Shape Stix are similar to some kind of freestyle lunge poles (is that what they were called)? Weren't there other tapes that use them?
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-21, 01:29 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

the salvation army that is on my way home from work finally reopened! It was closed for at least 6 months. Found a jessica smith stretch dvd.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-21, 05:32 PM  
MissBliss

Thumbs up Leslie Sansone Walk Away The pounds

Just thrifted Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds for Your Week for $3.99 at Value Village.

The cover mentions a stretchy band (which wasn’t in the box) but the DVD is in pristine condition.

I love this era of Leslie’s DVDs as they were made when I was just discovering her and her workouts. With her and a major amount of outdoor walking I managed to lose many pounds and most have stayed off.

I hope she hasn’t retired completely and will be making more workouts where she leads the workout.
MissBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-21, 08:10 PM  
Karla25

I found 10 Minute Quick Walk Mix with Jessica Smith & Leslie Sansone Just Walk 4 Mile Power Walk w/3 workout options. I like to do shorter walks before doing yoga or stretching, so I am looking forward to these walks with Jessica!
Old 12-29-21, 07:56 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

found a 4 dvd ttapp set for $1. (basic +; tempo 2; total workout; fit and fab in 15
also, shiva rea creative core new $1.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heidi sormaz, thrift store finds