Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-21, 10:23 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
Okay, I am in the age range she speaks of and could lose a few pounds, so I could buy into this and try the very moderate workouts for 6-8 weeks and see what happens. She has clearly shifted in the past couple of years to low intensity in the videos she makes. I enjoy her for a light cardio day, when I don’t feel like exercising.

But if I just do her workouts for a while, I am concerned I would lose muscle.
When I look at her offerings, they seem to be nearly all light cardio, very very light on the strength. I already don’t do super intense cardio anymore, so I’m wondering, isn’t moderate more a comparison to what you are used to doing?

Some people don’t do enough regular exercise and might need to increase their activity to be moderate. Pahla ran marathons and ultramarathons prior to this, and at least for her channel, did very little in the way of progressive strength workouts. Strength doesn’t seem to be a big goal of hers. So her cardio is a big dial-back for her, but I was frankly never anywhere near her in intensity for cardio or endurance work. I’m wondering if I just did her current workouts and dropped my intensity with weights, all that might happen is that I will lost some strength and muscle, and probably temporarily a few pounds of water weight.

Is anyone following me here? We all look to what worked for someone else, but I don’t think she can prescribe what will work for everyone this age the way that she does.
I agree. While I agree with Pahla generally, what is moderate is different for every person. I like strength better than cardio, so for me her strength workouts aren’t enough. Strength is where I want to challenge myself.

And adding to what you and Donna mentioned, it is more about the D word. Pahla does talk about what she eats in her videos, and she does eat very healthy and low calorie.

Tags
appetite, lowering intensity, moderate intensity, over 50, pahla bowers, successful weight loss