Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-20, 05:50 PM  
wendug

I did this today based on your post. I really enjoyed it. A lot of the moves reminded me of Taebo. You do the move fast (such as the abs section with the side crunch), but don't leave the ground so you can't rely on momentum for the move, you gotta use your muscles! I liked the instructors and will definitely look into more from them. Thanks for the recommendation!
Old 04-27-20, 06:53 PM  
CHAPLYN61

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliel View Post
They just posted another great one recently. I did it yesterday. I think it’s my favorite one of their workouts. https://youtu.be/WjoBQsoekgk
I am doing the Real Start Rotation. I may have to sneak this one into the mix!
Old 04-28-20, 09:41 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
They just posted another great one recently. I did it yesterday. I think it’s my favorite one of their workouts. https://youtu.be/WjoBQsoekgk
That one looks good!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 10:59 AM  
suzannaerin

I’m considering upgrading to a paid subscription. I did one of their leg workouts yesterday and have serious DOMS in my legs and glutes today. I followed the low impact mods she showed for the power sections, too.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 11:52 AM  
intelsana

Thank you for sharing! I am struggling with finding good low impact videos that aren’t super easy. Can’t wait to try these
intelsana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-20, 08:14 AM  
suzannaerin

I ended up biting the bullet and subscribing for a year (works out to be $10/month, which is a great deal given the variety and amount of content). I wasn't planning on renewing SBF later this year, so this can be easily rationalized as a worthy investment. :-) They offer a lot of low impact workouts and some of their higher impact cardios have low impact modifications. I'm really enjoying these, the vibe is "real," not fancy or overly-produced, and the music is actually decent. I did have to unsubscribe to their emails because they were verging on spam---easy fix, not a big deal.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-20, 09:36 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

I did this one yesterday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

They have a truly low impact, intermediate interval workout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba3qZjzPonI

:
And this one today:

Quote:
I like them and I was surprised how fast the time went. Every time I decided that "this" will be my last set, I went on and did the next one, so I completed both. I did wake up a little sore this morning.

I'm not sure I will do them regularly because of the upper body moves. Kickboxing punches aggravate my neck and I have to be careful. As a matter of fact, during the last set I substituted something completely different. I'm just mentioning that for anyone else with similar problems.
Old 04-29-20, 11:22 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
I did this one yesterday:
And this one today:
I like them and I was surprised how fast the time went. Every time I decided that "this" will be my last set, I went on and did the next one, so I completed both. I did wake up a little sore this morning.
I'm not sure I will do them regularly because of the upper body moves. Kickboxing punches aggravate my neck and I have to be careful. As a matter of fact, during the last set I substituted something completely different. I'm just mentioning that for anyone else with similar problems.
I didn't like the second one. It bothered my knees.

I'm not a huge fan of boxing moves. I still like the first Body Project workout I tried best.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-20, 12:11 PM  
CHAPLYN61

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
I ended up biting the bullet and subscribing for a year (works out to be $10/month, which is a great deal given the variety and amount of content). I wasn't planning on renewing SBF later this year, so this can be easily rationalized as a worthy investment. :-) They offer a lot of low impact workouts and some of their higher impact cardios have low impact modifications. I'm really enjoying these, the vibe is "real," not fancy or overly-produced, and the music is actually decent. I did have to unsubscribe to their emails because they were verging on spam---easy fix, not a big deal.
They also have a facebook page for the subscribers that I joined yesterday. have not had time to check it out yet. I am 1/2 way though my second week and so far there is no dread factor.

Tags
body project, charlene prickett, low impact, low impact cardio, low impact high intensity, team body project, teambodyproject