Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-02-20, 08:33 AM  
BunnyHop

I sneezed in the library a good while back. Made me really self conscious, LOL!! I'm feeling really lucky that my allergies aren't bad enough to require treatment just now.
Old 04-02-20, 12:41 PM  
Calistro

I am generally a walking advert for allergies. Usually eyes and nose but they seem to have calmed a bit over the last few years.
Grass pollen and perfume usually sets me off.

Now the hot flashes are at least ten times a day and then there is bedtime. I can't even be bothered to hide it at work now. The staff tease me and talk about my Granny sweats, or senior moments. I tell them your time will come.
It is a good thing I am thick skinned
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 12:52 PM  
Leonana

I have allergies this time of year. If I'm in the store and sniffling or cough, I immediately tell the cashier, "I have allergies!"

I did order a thermometer and was happy it was in stock. Then noticed my delivery date is May 19. Oh well, at least I will have one eventually.
Old 04-03-20, 04:37 PM  
Marylandmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
So, I have seasonal allergies that are kicking in about now. The DH has been doing a lot of weed trimming to prepare for wildfire season and that puts even more stuff in the air. So, I get a dry cough from that sometimes.

Dry cough!

Then, despite being about 13 years past menopause, I still get the occasional hot flash. More lately, I suppose, due to stress.

High temperature!

Not a good time for allergies and/or hot flashes. Boring, stupid stuff has become scary.
I can relate. I made a run to the local Walmart to pick up a few essentials. I had a mask on also. When I got home I started coughing and my throat felt like it was closing and my chest felt tight. The first thing I thought "Lord, please don't let this be the RONA..." Thank goodness my daughter was home She said mom, it's your allergies. Go take some Zyrtec. I did and now I'm feeling fine.
Marylandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 07:19 PM  
mtngoat

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 08:00 PM  
fanofladyvols

Nearly every store has signs that say don't enter if you're not feeling well...and I thought about how hard this must be on people with allergies.

It is awful being on edge when you cough.

Donna sorry you're not able to comfort or mourn in a more normal way. That stinks.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 08:27 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Not only do I have allergies and hot flashes, I also developed a cold from sleeping with the window open when it was cold and damp so there is sniffling, a red nose, and a bit of coughing from drainage. I'm absolutely sure it's a common cold so please don't jump on me.

The frightening thing is that no one at work has questioned me. In this crazy, upside-down world the corporate folks seem more or less on the ball while the local management is oblivious. We aren't in a hotspot area but now is the time to develop good habits before the wave makes its way here. Just yesterday I saw a manager throw his arm around a subordinate and put his head against hers. C'mon people, this isn't a joke!

In case I haven't said it before, hot flashes suck pond scum.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 07:21 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
Not only do I have allergies and hot flashes, I also developed a cold from sleeping with the window open when it was cold and damp so there is sniffling, a red nose, and a bit of coughing from drainage. I'm absolutely sure it's a common cold so please don't jump on me.

The frightening thing is that no one at work has questioned me. In this crazy, upside-down world the corporate folks seem more or less on the ball while the local management is oblivious. We aren't in a hotspot area but now is the time to develop good habits before the wave makes its way here. Just yesterday I saw a manager throw his arm around a subordinate and put his head against hers. C'mon people, this isn't a joke!

In case I haven't said it before, hot flashes suck pond scum.
_____
YADeb
I know none of this is funny, but your comment cracked me up!
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 07:35 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post

_____
YADeb
Do you have a union rep that can assist? If not, maybe you and your coworkers can join together and bring concerns to your management (strength in numbers). If necessary, contact corporate "anonymously" with your concerns.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19