Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-06-21, 09:19 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Looking for sports bra similar to the Brooks Fiona bra

Brooks (Moving Comfort prior) discontinued the Fiona (and also the Maia and Juno) sports bra, which I wore exclusively every day for 12 years. But after gaining 30 lbs in 3 years (another perimenopause rant!), my 36Cs are a distant memory likely never to return. I'm now stuck with 44DDs that are so huge and heavy and bother me every day. So I've been trying to find something similar to the Fiona for the past year but I can't find anything that provides the support, encapsulation, compression, and minimizing effect that the Fiona had.

Why Brooks discontinued its most popular bra is beyond me. I tried their new ones but they are *nothing* like the old ones, absolutely no support and no compression. I wear the Fiona every day instead of normal bras since mine are so are heavy and normal bras just don't work.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Lori_Michigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-21, 10:07 AM  
bubbles76

Nooooooooooo! This is my sports bra too!!! I also wear the Fiona, and while I am not a 44DD, I love this bra. This bra worked for me in both sizes - when pregnant and I was a 36D to when I shrunk back down to a 34B. These bras were worth every penny. Ugh!!!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-21, 10:21 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Nooooooooooo! This is my sports bra too!!! I also wear the Fiona, and while I am not a 44DD, I love this bra. This bra worked for me in both sizes - when pregnant and I was a 36D to when I shrunk back down to a 34B. These bras were worth every penny. Ugh!!!
I know! I wore the Fiona 36C exclusively, and then after gaining all this peri weight in my boobs, I went to look for larger sizes over the last year and have been on quest since to find any remaining online. They're all sold out now.

I've tried a few other brands that I found on Amazon that looked similar to the Fiona, but none have come close.
Lori_Michigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-21, 12:19 PM  
bubbles76

This is a sad day for active boobs.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-21, 01:31 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I just saw an ad on Face Book for SHEFIT. Has anyone tried them? I've never heard of them before today. SheFit

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 11:02 AM  
difit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
I just saw an ad on Face Book for SHEFIT. Has anyone tried them? I've never heard of them before today. SheFit
I never heard of them either. They have Limited Edition Tie Dye Sports bra I really liked but they sold out on sizes except XS. I might order me a black one.
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 08:21 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Brooks (Moving Comfort prior) discontinued the Fiona (and also the Maia and Juno) sports bra, which I wore exclusively every day for 12 years. But after gaining 30 lbs in 3 years (another perimenopause rant!), my 36Cs are a distant memory likely never to return. I'm now stuck with 44DDs that are so huge and heavy and bother me every day. So I've been trying to find something similar to the Fiona for the past year but I can't find anything that provides the support, encapsulation, compression, and minimizing effect that the Fiona had.

Why Brooks discontinued its most popular bra is beyond me. I tried their new ones but they are *nothing* like the old ones, absolutely no support and no compression. I wear the Fiona every day instead of normal bras since mine are so are heavy and normal bras just don't work.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
While I preferred the Fiona, my runner up sports bra was the Champion Spot Comfort/Double Dry bra (style# 1602). Or at least it used to be my second fave. I had to size up one cup from the Fiona for whatever reason (I have a large rib cage so this could have factored into it). This was quite a few years ago.

Currently I weigh more so can't fit into my old Fionas or Champion 1602's so now I'm wearing some plus size C9 sports bras from Target (I'm sad that Target discontinued the C9 line of activewear btw; I think that C9 moved to amazon but no plus sizes that I can see).
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bras, sports bra, sports bras