Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-21, 08:58 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Mean Is Giving Something Useful to a Child for Christmas. 12/19

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 09:17 AM  
sciencelady

I'm renewing last week's mistakenly dated title - hope everyone finds this thread!

Adelija has a friend over for the night, so I'm baking chocolate croissants this morning . Nothing is scheduled for today, but am planning on taking Gus for a walk and putzing around the house. I managed to get my laundry done yesterday - had to wait to go pickup Adelija and her friend from Target.

Laura, hope your commercial ones don't just appear at the end of your alphabet of cards going out - I'm sure your "S" relatives would love to se the ones you hand made . I'm not sure what our Covid rate is here in Minnesota, but I did wear a mask at the Holidazzle festival - I wouldn't be surprised if Adelija brought it back from school.

Paula, luckily the 2" shoveling was very light work - getting cold is the main thing - Gus couldn't wait in the back yard long enough without getting too cold while I shoveled, so he got let back in the house. Sounds like your doors are similar to what I now have on my main floor - all the doors I've had before were just flat panels. I need to wash them also.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 12-19-21, 08:54 AM  
sciencelady

Just tagging so the thread appears at the top of the day's posts...
Old 12-19-21, 02:23 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for resurrecting this thread, Anita. The theme cracks me up.

Today is one of those days that is just going to melt away. I didn't sleep enough last night, so I took a nap this morning. We have a couple of loads of laundry to do today and I'll heat something up for DH's dinner. And I'm going to finish the cards today, even if I'm having trouble getting to them.

After feeling better yesterday, DH is feeling lousy today. He's having trouble moving. Today is a rainy day with hard rain throughout. Plus, the high temperature was this morning and the temps are dropping. Polly came in this morning and spent several hours in the bathroom by the front door. Now, she has left to go do some stuff. It's apparently just misty outside. We expect her to come back later to be let in again as temps drop and it rains again.

Anita - I knew early enough that I was going to run short that I spread out the commercial cards. I hope you have a good lazy day. Chocolate croissants sound really good.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-21, 09:22 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Adelija has this week off so I expect her to stay in bed till at least 11 every day... I slept in a bit also and will go walk Gus with friends at 10:30. Adelija has a nail appointment at noon. This afternoon, I plan on going grocery shopping with Adelija. Looks like she's thinking of cooking and baking things for Christmas. This evening I'll be playing Spades with friends.

Laura, hope you finish the cards today - I found another box of cards with my gift wrapping supplies . At least now I have the cards all together and they should cover me pretty well next year. I hope DH starts to feel better soon, but glad you didn't try to travel to his mom's this holiday. I'm sure Polly will enjoy Christmas with you .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 12-20-21, 08:21 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I'm bushed - I think the last week is catching up with me. Last night, I finished the Christmas cards, including cards to send gift cards to family in WV since we aren't going in. This morning, I mailed all the cards I had in my possession. I picked up a grocery order at Publix and then picked up my new inserts from the podiatrist's office. This afternoon, I cleaned up the kitchen and put together a crockpot dish that I will cook tomorrow. Then, I took DH to his PT appointment and went to see my chiropractor.

We've had a lot of contact with Polly over the past couple of days because of the weather. She was here most of the day yesterday because of the rain and cold. Last night, while she stayed in the bathroom near the front door, a fire alarm beeped because a back-up battery was bad. DH changed it and it stopped, but Polly was freaked out and left the house at around 3:30 a.m. This morning when DH opened the front door, she came zooming back in and went to the bathroom where she warmed up. (It was in the 20s when she came back.) She had several hours in there and she left again in the early afternoon with the sun shining and with temps in the 40s. When we got back from the PT in the late afternoon, she was waiting for us on the front porch and is back in the bathroom this evening. It's supposed to be another cold night, so it's the best place for her. It's supposed to warm up through the week and she probably won't want in as much once it's warmer.

Anita - I hope Adelija is a good cook/baker. Hopefully, she'll enjoy some taste of home.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 12-20-21, 09:42 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yin Foundations with Travis Eliot. DH and I flew to Catalina and hike the airport loop trail.

I thought I posted yesterday, but maybe I forgot or posted on the wrong thread - oops. Yesterday was busy and tiring so I probably just forgot.

Our Christmas tree is so dry and droopy I may have to take it down the day after Christmas - if I can nurse it along until then. DH always wants a real tree, I'd get an artificial one in an instant if he'd agree. Well...I usualy love a real tree but this year, it's just sad.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. Love the theme as it is so true. Chocolate croissants sound heavenly. We had laundry, groceries and food prep and the day melted away as Laura would say. California has renewed the mask mandate across the whole state. DH and I are masking but I see a lot of people blowing it off. We have had all three shots so I guess we're pretty protected but I'd rather not find out. So what did Adelija bake for Christmas? I haven't baked a single batch of cookies this year.

Laura, I hope your DH is doing better today. I think you made the right decision not to try to get to WV for the holiday. Polly really has adopted you two and is using your home as a hotel I see. It won't be long before she has the run of the house and you two are confined to your bedroom at night. So have you baked any Christmas cookies this year - please say no and you're as lazy as I am.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-21, 08:59 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus and putzing around the house doing LOTS of laundry. Today being winter solstice, I wash all the bed layers and flip the mattress, wash the rugs, and wash everything in Gus's indoor kennel. It'll be about 8 loads of laundry. I also change water filters, toothbrush heads, razors, sponges and scrubbies, and clean the coffee maker. This I do every season change... Tonight Adelija and I will go to our neighborhood park where they celebrate the solstice by having a chili cook-off, fires, and sledding.

Laura, glad the cards are done! I'm glad Polly is comfortable coming into your house when it's too cold for her outside. Adelija certainly has a passion for cooking/baking. I did buy some stuff from a Russian market about a month ago and her baking has the same tastes as that - a bit less sugar than what we have here in the US. Still good! She hasn't made the gingerbread cookies from the dough we bought at the Latvian market yet - she's got cookie cutters for that now, though .

Paula, I got rid of my live tree stand about two years ago - it just wasn't used much and I did have my little tree. Gus would think a live tree was an indoor plumbing fixture for him . Adelija recently baked sugar cookies that she cut with the cookie cutters, she further sculpted some to make a shaped hole in their center and she'd sandwich that over an intact cookie with jam in the middle (so you'd see the jam in the cut hole in the cookie on top) - those were good! She's done lots of chocolate chip cookies and she blends in coconut that she has from previous projects. I used to have a lot of empty shelves in my kitchen from my decluttering - now they are filled with her baking supplies. She bakes upstairs and downstairs - glad I have that kitchen downstairs when she has friends over for overnight baking.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 12-21-21, 09:21 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 15 Strength and some stretching afterward.

Anita, I have a series of things I do every quarter too but your system thrumps mine - 8 loads of laundry sounds like a big job. Do you do a load or so a day for a week or do you try to do it all in one day? 8 loads in one day feels like an all day job. I try to never do more than one or two loads in a day as after that, it's real work. Those sandwich cookies you described sound delicious. I think Adelija should visit California and bring cookies - she'd like to see the west wouldn't she?
I decluttered all my cookie cutters years ago. On the rare occassion I make cookies, I usually make bar cookies because they're so easy.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-21, 09:56 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I'm late tonight! It was a steadily busy day putting things away around the house. We had stuff dumped all over. We have someone coming tomorrow to clean the living areas of the house ahead of us hosting Christmas at our house with my parents.

We got an ornament tree up with our most special ornaments. It's on the coffee table in the family room. And I've decided what I'm cooking for Christmas dinner. We are going for non-traditional this year and I'll cook chicken marsala. I wasn't in the mood for a traditional meal - which we had at Thanksgiving.

Anita - Well, enjoy Adelija's baking. It's good that you have the second kitchen downstairs for her to use.

Paula - DH is definitely doing better. He's still not great, but it's not as scary for me and he can help with small projects. It's great you got to go to Catalina, a favorite place.

Laura's Workout Mantras: