Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-01-21, 04:14 PM  
rosepetals

Looking for DVDs please

Hello, Due to a terrible divorce that left me broke and without many of my belongings I am looking for a few DVDs. He became violent, so I had to get out of the house as fast as possible. The only things I got out was what was in one suit case. I even forgot to pack socks, towels, workout shoes, so many basics that I need daily. There wasn't much time to get out. I used to have an extensive DVD collection that I used for physical therapy. If I don't exercise the MS gets worse and my muscles get weaker fast. I have atrophy that I am trying to reverse. My collection was left behind in the rush and all my workout clothes, equipment.

I need some yoga workouts. Yin and restorative are my favorite, but any will do. I love Eroin Happy hips. Barre workouts or ballet workouts are very helpful as they help me to improve my leg strength. My legs are weak with the MS. I also loved doing T-Tapp. Essentrics was helpful. Tracy Anderson and mat workouts.

I just ordered a kettlebell. Skogg was one that I enjoyed. I can't remember any other names. If you have these and don't need them I sure would appreciate them. I don't have any weights yet. One day. Even my ballet bare was left behind and the weights. I really loved Leslie Sampson Workouts. She had one that I liked the music so much because it had nice songs on it. I can't remember which versions.

I am trying to save up for a yoga mat to do stretching. Mom has a hard wood laminate floor.

Right now I am very financially challenged due to being on disability and all the moving expenses and more. I am disabled from multiple sclerosis and don't have the finances to live on my own, so I had to move in with Mom. There are so many things I don't have anymore that I need. Like socks, a towel, and pillow. I know it sounds silly. If you have ever had to run for your life, everything is left behind. I am trying to replace some basics on my limited income.

Any gentle workouts would be appreciated. My strength has been improving with walking and less stress of the marriage. Getting away from the stress has improved things. It gives me the confidence to ask and hope that someone has extra DVDs to share. I used to be very active in the group years ago, but the MS got the worse of me. It wasn't until I left that I am seeing improvements. Looking back the stress of the marriage, affected my health badly. Leaving is helping it to improve.

Thank you so kindly for sharing. Any help would be appreciated.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 04:42 PM  
Karla25

Send me your address and I will put together a mix of workouts for you I also have an extra copy of Happy Hips that I will send.
Old 11-01-21, 05:03 PM  
Leonana

Sent you a pm.
Old 11-01-21, 05:34 PM  
Izzy

I am happy to look in my collection and see what I can send you. I have been there and I know how devastating situations as yours can be. Stay strong.
Old 11-01-21, 05:45 PM  
wnt2bfirm

Send me a pm with your name and address. I’d be happy to send you some dvds.
wnt2bfirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 05:54 PM  
rosepetals

Thank you so very much. It means the world to me to be able to get stronger. After all I have to look my best if I have to go back to Ca. to finish off the Divorce. I am in Florida right now with Mom. I have lost two clothing sizes.

It has been so challenging. I have been having to get different sized clothing. Everything adds up so fast when I have had to start over. I came with only a suitcase of clothing and my pets. I have even had to try to stock mom's kitchen with food. She has end stage liver cancer. Starting over at age 58 and being disabled and low income has been so challenging. I appreciate your kindness in helping out.

I feel so happy that I will receive some DVDs. I would of not of asked for anything, but I have finally been successful at improving my strength and walking. Finally I am seeing some results. It gives me hope that I can do DVDs once again. I love you all.
Old 11-01-21, 06:03 PM  
Pam

I have some DVDs that I think you might like, including Gentle Yoga by Jane Adams. I will email you list.
Old 11-01-21, 06:33 PM  
rosepetals

Thank you Pam. I sent you a message.
Old 11-02-21, 10:01 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

I PM-ed you, rosepetals.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 10:12 AM  
rosepetals

Thank you. I am sorry I am slow to respond. I have a migraine today.